What odd behaviours do your cats have?

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both my cats let me know several minutes in advance that they are going to use the litter box.
The go next to the box, sometimes pacing up and down, sometimes just sitting nearby, and start howling or meowing out loud... even at night...
Phoebe does that! Pre-poo zoomies or announcing it loudly, she makes sure everyone knows.

The_Baroness

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Both my cats let me know several minutes in advance that they are going to use the litter box.
The go next to the box, sometimes pacing up and down, sometimes just sitting nearby, and start howling or meowing out loud... even at night...
Suva does that, but adds the extra step of meowing so I can watch her do her business.

Her other odd behavior is she only kneads 3 blankets...and only does it when we are near them or under them.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My girl Leia, 7 months, is a kleptomaniac. Her favorite things to steal are personal grooming items, hair/toothbrush, tweezers.... even a disposable razor. She has a hoard under bed bed in the spare room 😅
She simply wants to be a beautician some day, and is practicing at a young age to get a head start!
Eva will steal things like that, and create little hoard piles. She really likes silverware. My Moms cat years ago would steal any hair tie she could, and hoard them on top of a cabinet where she'd bat them around (and drop them between the wall and the cabinet. Whoever bought that house is going to be very weirded out if they ever decide to tear those cabinets out.)

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Willow hisses at odd times, not just when she is angry or frightened like most cats. She may go to yawn and hisses instead, or be acting silly and hissing at the walls or her toys. And sometimes she may be clearly happy but a hiss just seems pop out.
+++Sounds like tourettes syndrome to me..lol

Lulu&Finn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lulu growls when the doorbell rings and has taught Finn this. Finn! The sweetest cat every born...growls.

Lulu also has a routine to wake me up, open bureau doors, pull out socks, climb in, scratch way up onto armoire, climb curtains, rapidly move claws along mirror making a noise no one could sleep through..jump on bed, sniff my nose to see if she's succeeded.

She's the naughtiest cat I've ever owned. She's so mischievous.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I thought my Bengals were crazy...this is too funny
Honey, your Bengal is crazy! Cute, adorable, but crazy.

My girl Leia, 7 months, is a kleptomaniac. Her favorite things to steal are personal grooming items, hair/toothbrush, tweezers.... even a disposable razor. She has a hoard under bed bed in the spare room 😅
Now, see, this reinforces my hypothesis that cats are just very small, furry dragons with short noses!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I moved things around in the sun room, which is pretty much tailored to the cats, yesterday. Their chair was moved, their toys and trees were moved, and their litter box was moved. No issues with the moved litter box, what great cats. :petcat:
The funny part came at feeding time. Goof eats on a cat tree by the door, Sarah eats on a cabinet under a window, and Lila eats on the foot part of the recliner. It's been this way for years. Goof's tree and Sarah's cabinet didn't move, but Lila's chair was moved a few feet to the side and turned 90 degrees. When I brought their food out, Goof ran to his tree, Sarah ran to her cabinet, and Lila ran to the old spot, did a complete 360 degree turn, then leapt onto her chair. :lol:

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
He has a marvellous new habit of ‘double-twitiching‘ his tail when traipsing near me, like an old man w/ a bamboo cane: “wot‘s all this then?“ A sort of jolly, good natured curiosity about how the day is going, telling me with his tail.

Other than that, not much, but his did bottle brush his tail for the first time ever. I think he is going deaf and gets startled by noises.