What Makes You Blow Your Cool?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
People who complain about their pets....cats in particular. The couple we go out to dinner with have two cats and two dogs. One cat is a really old senior...poor guy looks awful, matted etc. She complains that she wishes he would hurry up and pass away.:fuming:
If my house wasn't full I'd go over and kittynap him. Unfortunately, I mainly bite my tongue and ask how the dogs are....
So here I am, venting online....:ohwell:
I agree with this... I get aggravated when people say things that indicate they're not treating their cats well. Recently, one person was complaining to me about that their cat poops all over the house. They were saying, "what does my cat think he is, a king? I scoop his litterbox every two days and he still doesn't use it, except for the morning when I clean it." I reply, "would you use a toilet that hasn't been flushed in two days?" They then continue to complain about how, since they got a cat, their house began to stink. Maybe if you cleaned the litterbox more often this wouldn't be a problem!!

The most horrifying encounter I had with a cat owner was someone who had gotten their cat declawed. Since then (even a year later!) the cat doesn't move out from under a bed and needs food and water brought to her. I asked him if he was aware that declawing is amputation and that it causes early onset osteoarthritis etc., and he says that he was well-aware of that but is still happy he made the decision because now his cat can't climb up his pant leg (he never even considered getting a cat tree to satisfy his cat's needs for a good climb). I told him that if his pants matter so much more to him than his cat's health, then he shouldn't have cats. I also asked him if this was his first cat. He then told me that he had gotten his previous cat euthanized because he "didn't like it's personality". I was livid. First of all, what veterinarian would euthanize a cat for this reason? Did the owner really have such little regardn for his cats? I then told him, "some people are not suited to have cats or pets of any kind. And you're one of them".

SeventhHeaven

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When miserable people try to waste your time!
Or going into ANY Starbucks here and all the girls will say 'Sorry' ALL the Time (as though they didn't understand what
you said)
Or when I go into this one grocery store one regular clerk who looks like a newly released convict :ohwell:
calls me LOVE yes Love this, no Love that. I could easily be her mom or even grandmother. Now a
male Starbuck's clerk is doing the same. :headshake: Landlady accesses food bank (owns many propertie$ puts on a pauper
ficade has a filthy house etc) lets the food litterally Rot saying its for the Pig farm- the food was intended for human consumption. Families could have benefited from the meat she wastes or veggies.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just mowed the ditches so----spit bottles! And the entitled rednecks who throw them into ditches! Eww eww eww. Chewing tobacco is nasty. So if you must engage in such a filthy habit, at least dispose of the disgusting bottle in a proper garbage can instead of throwing it into the ditch for someone to hit with their mower, thus sending germy poisonous tobacco spit all over the place. I also found a soda can stuffed with chew packets. That's a new one. At least the spit bottles will drain when hit by the mower. The can of packets just spread chewed packets everywhere. What if my dogs got into that? Nicotine is poisonous, you know. Ugh!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
People that steal flowers from the cemetery. How do they even look at themselves in the mirror?

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have no patience when the person who waits on me in a retail store is in a fog. I spent most of an hour in a home store recently trying to order a custom window shade. I finally told her forget it. I will have to go back again when a girl I know who works there and is a supervisor can help me.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
People who let their cats roam and shut in my gardens and kill the birds at my feeders. This pisses me off so much. I plant flowers for me to enjoy not for your dumb cat to use as a toilet.

And finding a mauled chickadee in the yard or dead barely feathered baby Robin chicks torn out of their nest is so upsetting.

I'd be a bit more forgiving if it was a feral or a stray but this is a fat house pet who is fed and housed and is allowed to damage property and harass wildlife.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
People who join TCS and other forums to post about a newly aquired pet who has become seriously sick or injured and and asks what they should do because they have no money for the vet. It just drives me nuts. Vet bills are a part of owing a pet, especially emergency bils that can happen at any time when you least expect it. One should plan for vet bills and have money set aside to use for them and / or look into the veterinary finanical aid options offered by various organizations. Or maybe not even own a pet:paperbag: One could foster a pet or volunteer at a shelter instead. What does a person expect strangers on a forum to do anyways? A seriously sick or injured pet needs proper vet treatment, not the well wishes of strangers or dubious home remedies and treatment that someone (a troll usually) claims is guaranteed to cure everything

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I know, that happened on my mother's grave near her birthday. When I hear of things like this, I wonder if I am living on another planet.
I know there are people who steal cemetery flowers and I always wonder why; if they're that poor that they can't afford to buy a couple flowers.

But one of my GFs landscaped pretty much her entire yard with flowers from cemeteries. At the end of the growing season, the caretakers go around the graves and get rid of the flowers. She asks for the flowers, even any perennials, and they give everything to her. I guess, in the long run, it's better than throwing them all away. She got them legally.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I often wonder what happens to all the stuff that's left at the site of a death, especially that of a child. There are huge numbers of stuffed animals, balloons, flowers, and candles, along with cards and signs that are piled willy nilly. It seems such a waste to me. A small bouquet would be fine. I would hope the animals and toys are given to someplace that can use them. The balloons often break loose and endanger airplanes and litter the ground when they finally come down.

In Texas, it's legal (with a permit) to place a small cross, star of David, or pentacle at the site of a traffic fatality. However, some people turn them into shrines with banks of artificial flowers, balloons, statues, and even signs that nearly come up to the road. I think they're tacky and distracting. If they want a shrine, they should make one at home or put a tasteful display on the grave. Maybe I'm a grinch, but a simple symbol seems to me to be all that's needed to remind us that someone lost a life at that spot and that we should be careful when we drive.

I guess I just don't like litter no matter what it is.

Say, Winchester Winchester , are you getting my IMs?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The National Cemetery in Sturgis (where my grandparents' graves are) removes all flowers and other things left on graves at the end of every day. They say the deer get out of hand if they don't remove the flowers, and they remove the other stuff because it messes up the mower if they don't. So maybe not all cases of flower removal are theft.

In South Dakota the state puts up an "X marks the spot" sign at the site of every traffic fatality. I didn't know until recently that other states don't do that :paperbag:. Some people tie ribbons to them, and I once saw a teddy bear tied to one, but it seems like most people keep it pretty reasonable.
South Dakota Department of Public Safety: Enforcement: Accident Records

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
I often wonder what happens to all the stuff that's left at the site of a death, especially that of a child. There are huge numbers of stuffed animals, balloons, flowers, and candles, along with cards and signs that are piled willy nilly. It seems such a waste to me. A small bouquet would be fine. I would hope the animals and toys are given to someplace that can use them. The balloons often break loose and endanger airplanes and litter the ground when they finally come down.

In Texas, it's legal (with a permit) to place a small cross, star of David, or pentacle at the site of a traffic fatality. However, some people turn them into shrines with banks of artificial flowers, balloons, statues, and even signs that nearly come up to the road. I think they're tacky and distracting. If they want a shrine, they should make one at home or put a tasteful display on the grave. Maybe I'm a grinch, but a simple symbol seems to me to be all that's needed to remind us that someone lost a life at that spot and that we should be careful when we drive.

Here they have signs saying not to put non biodegradable things like toys at graves because it looks bad and animals like birds and squirrels can choke on it or swallow it and die they also have special vases mounted to the urn blocks and headstones for flowers

They also don't want things like stuffed animals because the lawnmower can hit them and it makes a mess.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Here the big displays are usually done when a child has been murdered. I understand why people do it. It is such a shocking and tragic thing that people feel that they need to do something. Of course there is really nothing for people outside of the criminal justice system to do but some people just feel they have to do something. I think that is where those big displays come from. It doesn't make sense from a practical standpoint but emotions usually don't make sense.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
I am always saying, "I hate stupid people!" As in, people doing things that are blatantly dumb when they absolutely know better. For instance, someone without any learning issues that needs to be told how the process works - every. single. day. Simple stuff - really, I swear, it's simple.

And people not using the turn signal. There is usually a string of cuss words involved in those situations.

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
In South Dakota the state puts up an "X marks the spot" sign at the site of every traffic fatality. I didn't know until recently that other states don't do that :paperbag:. Some people tie ribbons to them, and I once saw a teddy bear tied to one, but it seems like most people keep it pretty reasonable.
South Dakota Department of Public Safety: Enforcement: Accident Records
I remember seeing those when I was up there visiting my cousins. I saw these all over the highway it seemed and my cousin said they marked traffic fatalities.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not to change the subject here, but what really makes me lose my cool are the pooper scoopers who throw their poop bags in my hedge next to the sidewalk. What do they think happens to those plastic bags? One year, I pulled them all out, lined up the bags on the sidewalk and put large signs on them telling the offenders to take their poop home. It worked.

Haven't checked this spring, though.

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Not to change the subject here, but what really makes me lose my cool are the pooper scoopers who throw their poop bags in my hedge next to the sidewalk. What do they think happens to those plastic bags? One year, I pulled them all out, lined up the bags on the sidewalk and put large signs on them telling the offenders to take their poop home. It worked.

Haven't checked this spring, though.
Is it a poop-scoop service, and if so do you know which one? If so, I'd contact them and tell them what's going on. I know there are these on-demand poop-scoop apps out there (think Uber and Wag!), and if that's where these people are coming from, you probably won't get much help unfortunately.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think it's a commercial service; at least I don't see any marked cars or vans. One neighbor does board dogs for friends (one or two at a time), but she carries her poop bags. You would think people running a business would know better than to do that. We have sidewalks on all our blocks, so there is a lot of foot traffic. I'm afraid it's just people in the subdivision.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I am always saying, "I hate stupid people!" As in, people doing things that are blatantly dumb when they absolutely know better. For instance, someone without any learning issues that needs to be told how the process works - every. single. day. Simple stuff - really, I swear, it's simple.

And people not using the turn signal. There is usually a string of cuss words involved in those situations.
In Texas, we use the turn signal levers to hang our "gimme" hats on. I thought that was why they were there! Besides, using turn signals takes a lot of fun out of our freeway demolition derbies. There's nothing like a good game of chicken to keep you alert, especially in the morning when you don't want to spill your coffee.