What Lessons Has Your Cat Taught You?

bengalcatman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
bengalcatman bengalcatman You need to be awarded a prize for pic 6, running on a leash. How did you capture that so well?
Thank you. High shutter speed and ISO, low aperture, good lighting and Photoshop. But the real "secret" is persistence: which becomes really obvious when you see the other 100 or so running pics that didn't work :lol:

And in keeping with the spirit of the thread..

Life is short: GO FOR IT!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scraggles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can't seem to find how to like these posts but I love them all! It's heartwarming to see how these little creatures with such big personalities can teach us so much.

And yes to the treats AndreaXan, life's too short!

Edited to add the puraise button is back!

Last edited:

Kid Indie

Samus Aran's Dad
Young Cat
Purraise
Definately to learn to respect people's boundaries and to not be so self centered. To give and not expect anything in return. To be patient and slow to anger. She has helped me w my social anxiety and overall need for human validation as since adopting her I've learned to appreciate myself and how to relieve a sense of contentment. Never expected to learn much when I brought her home but the lessons have been incomparable.

Kid Indie

Samus Aran's Dad
Young Cat
Purraise
Speedy reminds me that there is a spark of light in the loneliness of Life. Speedy I am sure was sent to be with me which is a Treasure, but I fear when we will not have each other. I am 56 and she will be six soon and really, what a Treasure she is to me in my loneliness.
Hey, not sure of your beliefs but remember we are never alone in the Body Of Christ. If you ever need reassurance I am here for you.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you Kid Indie Kid Indie and Furballsmom Furballsmom for being awesome.

Speedy reminds me and teaches me that my responsibility to her is very meaningful and actually, I have been "appointed" to make sure she is warm, fed, loved and cared for. It makes me feel good because I have been given the gift and opportunity to do this once again for someone, or in this case, some "fur-body". Thank you, Speedy!

I love reading what everyone is posting about learning from their cats!

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Monet has taught me not to leave food or scraps on the counter when I am not around.

On a more serious note, he's taught me that life is worth living. I feel like he saved my life when I adopted him through my depressed time in my life.He's given me a purpose in life, and he's taught me all that.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My Big Guy taught me that it's ok to allow myself to love again, in fact that I didn't have any choice in the matter, I needed to let go so that I could. I'm another one where I had a HUGE load of guilt, frustration and anger over our Maine Coon's passing.
This big fellow is such a gentleman, and so charming and yet so much HIMself that he made it safe again for me. Well, at least to the point that I can take the risk again.
I keep whispering into his ear every time I hear about a cat that is 23, 25, 28 years old - pay attention you big black furry little man - this is how it's done. :loveeyes:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
On the lighter side, he has also taught me it's never too late/ you're never too old to have fun! He's 13, and @Mamanyt1953 I tried your cardboard toilet paper tube idea. I had only one end stuffed with some papertowel, put a few treats in and let him check it out.
It's honestly one of the most darling things in the world to see a slightly sagely cat get that kittenish look on his face LOL

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
Snake taught me that you need to take risks in life. You need to be brave. Run around outside with the wind and spend your nights under the stars and with the cries of beasts painting the black sky. No matter how many coyotes you face or how many eagles dive after you.

Candybee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm 65 and my Cookiepuss will be 19 this April. Both of us have arthritis and to watch her carry on with her daily routine makes me feel better I am not alone on those days when I really ache. But mostly she never complains and that gives me purpose and strength to draw on from watching her.

She also taught me that afternoons are a good time for a nap!