What fur color have you NOT had in your family that you want to have?

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never had an all black cat and would love to have one. They always have the most beautiful shiney coats.
I think I never saw a totally black cat. For some reason, the black cats I saw had at least one white hair, or have a different color on the sun light.
I have a black cat in my courtyard, he's a semi feral. He seems black, but has a couple of white hairs on his coat and his black turns to a very dark brown when the sun shines on him.

slowblink

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've never had an orange, white (nor with any markings on white), black, or tortie cat. Also no other color points than my current blue point. Also never had a brown cat, and there are some beautiful colors in that range.

There was this little white cat who just ran over and fell asleep on my lap when I visited the shelter before I was ready/able to adopt.. I still think about that one 😿

Jerseymeow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We recently decided to adopt a cat, our boy died in Feb. 2020. I was really set on an orange tabby. I kept looking at orange tabbies online at our local shelters. But...none were a good fit (we have a dog). But I kept looking. This one? That one? We ended up adopting an all grey female who is 5 years old and needs a lot of TLC. So, we went from thinking we would adopt a bright orange cat, to adopting an all grey puff of smoke!

Kiyangoin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have had 10 cats in my life (mom is definition of crazy cat lady), Kiyan is my first orange cat. I have never had a white cat.

I've never cared much about colors, I do like the idea of getting black cats because they're apparently the hardest to find homes for. Seems like it would be kind of cool, having a house full of black cats. And one orange cat I guess because we have Kiyan.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do like the idea of getting black cats because they're apparently the hardest to find homes for.
I had read somewhere that black cats are the least wanted for adoption because it is hard to take very good pictures of them. The black coat tends to trick the light meter of the camera, and they result kind of grey or another shade of black, but not deep black.
Because people like to show the photos of their cats on the social media, showing poor photos of a black cat would result in a low number of "likes", so much better have a different color of cat.

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I had read somewhere that black cats are the least wanted for adoption because it is hard to take very good pictures of them. The black coat tends to trick the light meter of the camera, and they result kind of grey or another shade of black, but not deep black.
Because people like to show the photos of their cats on the social media, showing poor photos of a black cat would result in a low number of "likes", so much better have a different color of cat.
That has got to be the stupidest thing I've heard! I would hope people would adopt cats for love and companionship, not to get more likes on social media. Humans have gotten too attached to their screens and social media.

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We keep saying if we find a solid white longhair female, we'll know the fam is complete. We aren't pursuing one because the 5 we have all found us.

Babypinkweeb

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'd love to one day have a long hair cream and white kitty, as I feel like that color combo is so adorable! Also would love to have someone with mackerel tabby pattern. Somehow I ended up with 2 classic tabbies even though I feel like mackerel is a bit more common.

banana queen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ive never chosen my cat's colour before, they found me and sort of showed up one day, except for my youngest (but his litter was four tabbies and a tortie who already had been picked by someone). I love tortoiseshell cats, and would love to be owned by one, I guess we will just have to wait and see whether the Cat Fairy brings us another gift.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd love to one day have a long hair cream and white kitty, as I feel like that color combo is so adorable! Also would love to have someone with mackerel tabby pattern. Somehow I ended up with 2 classic tabbies even though I feel like mackerel is a bit more common.
Where do you live? I don't think I've ever seen a moggie tabby around here that isn't a mackerel. I have three of 'em (although one seems to have a lot of 'ticking' but he still has stripes).

Babypinkweeb

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Where do you live? I don't think I've ever seen a moggie tabby around here that isn't a mackerel. I have three of 'em (although one seems to have a lot of 'ticking' but he still has stripes).
I live in midwest USA! I think it's just luck tbh, since there were lots of mackerel tabbies at the shelter but the 2 I ended up with just happen to not be that. Not 100% on my long hair boy but short hair one is definitely classic tabby.

Attachments

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It'd be easier to list what I *have* had-grey, grey tabby, grey and white, orange, black, and calico. I don't really go by fur color, although I've always thought tortoiseshells are pretty.