What fur color have you NOT had in your family that you want to have?

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel like most of us have had many cats in our lives, so I'm curious if there is a fur color that you have NOT had amongst the cats you've had in your lifetime that you would like to someday? I was going to ask about fur patterns, but there are just so many types of fur patterns.

For me, I've never had a solid white cat, a tuxedo, brown and white, or any of the lilac, blue or lavender colors.

Danneq

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am particularly enamored with gray and white cats atm. Never owned one. Actually, now that I think of it, dilute colors in general--I've never had a cat with that gene, so I'm used to the big bold colors. The faded colors have a soft look that I like.

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel like most of us have had many cats in our lives, so I'm curious if there is a fur color that you have NOT had amongst the cats you've had in your lifetime that you would like to someday? I was going to ask about fur patterns, but there are just so many types of fur patterns.

For me, I've never had a solid white cat, a tuxedo, brown and white, or any of the lilac, blue or lavender colors.
I've never had lilac or lavender those would be pretty.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am particularly enamored with gray and white cats atm. Never owned one. Actually, now that I think of it, dilute colors in general--I've never had a cat with that gene, so I'm used to the big bold colors. The faded colors have a soft look that I like.
The diluted colors are very pretty, I agree. I have a friend with a diluted calico who is gorgeous.

I'm not one to choose a cat based on color, so it's possible I'll never have any of the colors I "want" for that reason. When I adopted Flora, I spoke with the adoption coordinator and she asked me what my preferences were for color or gender and I was like, "I don't really care what color kitten I end up with, I just want to make sure it's a kitten that does well with other cats." They chose well, I think, because Flora fits in my pack like she was always meant to be here.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Tuxedo colored cats gravitate me to them, particularly the long-haired ones. I have 2 right now - both short-haired, and several I had managed to adopt out before. I also love dark gray coats. But what I have not yet really owned is a pure black cat which I'd love to rescue one day.

I prefer fluffy ones though if I were given an option :redheartpump: Although in my household I have them all. :)

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All I've lived with is a calico and a black and white, so there's loys of colors I haven't had the fortune of living with yet.

I think pointed cats are pretty, and diluted colors.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never had an orange cat or a pointed cat. Those Siamese points are sooo pretty, but their voices can be very raucous. Like some of you, I go for the personality over coat color. Mingo was a mistake - he was the only cat who purred when I held him at the rescue, and when I got him home, he turned into a semi-feral. But Lily has mellowed him out. He's learned to sleep on my lap and sleep in my bed, all from her. He's very affectionate in his own way.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had 1 grey, 3 cream and 6 orange cats. I didn't go out of my to get these cats. They just showed up in my yard. I dearly love orange cats but i would like to have a brown cat. I think they are beautiful.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had 1 grey, 3 cream and 6 orange cats. I didn't go out of my to get these cats. They just showed up in my yard. I dearly love orange cats but i would like to have a brown cat. I think they are beautiful.
Yes, those Burmese cats are a stunning color. I've never had one of those, either.

Danneq

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, yeah, personality is everything, you don't pick a cat based on colors! Though you wouldn't know that from looking at my family -- we had a black kitty and a calico, and a few months after the calico passed, we went to the pound and came back with... a black kitty and a calico. We even went in with the express intention of not getting a calico, because we didn't think we were ready and didn't want to feel like we were "replacing" Tiger (not fair to her memory and also not fair to the new cat) but as soon as we met Jackie we tossed that aside. There wasn't any question, she and her sister belonged with us! We did poke fun at ourselves, though.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Although I've had many cats over the years I've never had an orange cat but would love to in the future. :gingercat2: