What does your cat sound like?

kkoerner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OK, so they don't only look alike.. They also sound alike.. Cadbury and Grizzly are not twins. They are clones :paranoid:
Trust me.. I know the "desperate" sound you're talking about!! :lol3:
I get that "desperate" sound pretty often as it really only takes ignoring him for a couple of meows to get him there! LOL

grizzlysapien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get that "desperate" sound pretty often as it really only takes ignoring him for a couple of meows to get him there! LOL
Oh, I know.. It escalates pretty quickly! LOL
  1. prrrrmeow..? (soft and kind)
  2. prrrMeeOwowOw? (hey! I'm talking to you!)
  3. MeeeOOOOOwwwOOOww! (I won't tolerate being ignored, ma'am! Look at me! I'm talking to you!)
Grizzly does this: He starts to meow and starts yawning in the process, but keeps vocalizing as he yawns.. and then when he closes his mouth (stops yawning) he makes a final short meow. Like "the end".

During the meow-yawning, his voice reaches a higher pitch..

Does Cadbury do that? Or any one of your cats? I really have to make a video of that..

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sound bytes...Well, even if I knew how to do them, Hekitty is notorious for avoiding doing things that I reeeeeeealy want her to do, so...

There are several.

A tiny mew...she wants me to pet her.

A little meep...treat time

A MRRRRP...I've done something right

A YOW WOW WOW WOW WOW...I've done something wrong...or something right, but too slowly

Back before she went for spaying, she would stand at the door and say, "let meooowt.  Oh, let meoooowt, neow, neow, neow!"  And I'd tell her, "No..no good comes of going out with those tomcats.  They will promise you the moon and the sun, but all you'll get is kittens."  To which she would reply, "I know, Mama, but LET MEOWWWWWWT!"

kkoerner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh, I know.. It escalates pretty quickly! LOL

1. prrrrmeow..? (soft and kind)
  2. prrrMeeOwowOw? (hey! I'm talking to you!)
  3. MeeeOOOOOwwwOOOww! (I won't tolerate being ignored, ma'am! Look at me! I'm talking to you!)

Grizzly does this: He starts to meow and starts yawning in the process, but keeps vocalizing as he yawns.. and then when he closes his mouth (stops yawning) he makes a final short meow. Like "the end".

During the meow-yawning, his voice reaches a higher pitch..

Does Cadbury do that? Or any one of your cats? I really have to make a video of that..
LOL yeah, he has done that a couple of times. I don't think I'd ever catch a video of it though! I can barely get a picture of a yawn!

grizzlysapien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

"No..no good comes of going out with those tomcats.  They will promise you the moon and the sun, but all you'll get is kittens."  To which she would reply, "I know, Mama, but LET MEOWWWWWWT!"
LOL! Good one @Mamanyt1953  

LOL yeah, he has done that a couple of times. I don't think I'd ever catch a video of it though! I can barely get a picture of a yawn!
The picture is far more difficult to catch! A video is easier! But the tricky part is to have the camera on when it happens! 

suecatcrazy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My biggest girl Tammie (18 lbs) rarely meow but when she does she has the softest meow.

My smallest girl Princess (9 lbs) has the loudest meow.

Our boy Prince (12 lbs) is somewhere in the middle.

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Robin squeaks like a 6 month old at times; when frustrated, he sounds like a whiny 6 month old.

And sometimes, he lets his paws do the yelling. **slide, slide** "What do you want, Robin?" **sliiiide----> CRASH** Or he'll grab his squeaky mousie.... [emoji]128483[/emoji][emoji]128483[/emoji][emoji]128483[/emoji][emoji]128483[/emoji][emoji]128483[/emoji]

When he's in a good mood, he answer in an instant purr. My favorite sound in the world. [emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]128573[/emoji][emoji]128573[/emoji][emoji]128573[/emoji]

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My big Burt has the tiniest meow, barely audible, and he also does that 'yawn and meow thing' that escalates to a squeak, and ends abruptly. He is well behaved, laid back, and lovable. Casper on the other hand, has an annoying, loud, grating, meow that sounds like he is clearing his throat, but with all that Siamese in him what do you expect?! He talks a LOT, especially at 4 in the morning when he thinks you should be up, and he knows to be one inch from your ear when he tells you. If that doesn't work, he'll start knocking remotes and phones to the floor off of the nightstand. He's lively and excitable and is our 'problem child'.