What Colour Is My Kitten?

Lctom1987

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She's a moggy but has such unique markings and colours. She has tabby markings but not a usual tabby colouring. She's sort of white and cream with grey ears and tail and bright blue eyes (her siblings eyes have changed colour so looks like they're staying blue). Her mum is all black and her siblings are 1 all black, 1 all white, and 2 black and white.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lctom1987

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much, I've never seen a cat like her around where I am before And thank you for the welcome. She really is beautiful and seems to be getting more beautiful by the day

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think she is a lilac... Look at her tail tip in the picture of her in the cat bed. The tail tip is quite dark. A lilac cat, whether it's a solid, pointed or lynx point, cannot produce any hairs darker than lilac anywhere on the body, and lilac is a fairly light color... lighter than that tail tip.

I think it is possible that some of the photos are a little washed out, or taken while she was young and had not darkened up.

My guess, based on the tail tip color, is seal lynx point.

theflash82

i don't own my cats, my cats own me
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't think she is a lilac... Look at her tail tip in the picture of her in the cat bed. The tail tip is quite dark. A lilac cat, whether it's a solid, pointed or lynx point, cannot produce any hairs darker than lilac anywhere on the body, and lilac is a fairly light color... lighter than that tail tip.

I think it is possible that some of the photos are a little washed out, or taken while she was young and had not darkened up.

My guess, based on the tail tip color, is seal lynx point.
If you look at other lilac lynx points, some do have darker tails, though I understand where you are coming from. If she does darken up as she grows older, seal lynx point would make sense.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you look at other lilac lynx points, some do have darker tails, though I understand where you are coming from. If she does darken up as she grows older, seal lynx point would make sense.
Are you sure the other "lilac lynx points" with dark tails are really lilacs? If you are looking at cat pictures online, they are not always correctly identified. Breeders sometimes have trouble identifying their cats' colors, too. The tail tip is one of the parts of the cat that judges examine to make sure that a cat's color is registered correctly.

Search on "lilac oriental shorthair" and look at the pictures of solid lilacs. That is the darkest color that you can possibly have anywhere on a lilac point or lilac lynx point. If any part of the cat is darker than that, it isn't a lilac.

Last edited: