What cat breed does my cat resemble?

Foxxyyy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey everyone! This is my failed foster cat, Bruce Willis. He's about 1-2 years old according to the vet. He is a long haired, bicolor male. He's very muscular and very affectionate! He has somewhat of a mane but it's not as prominent with his collar on. He has big paws and a long black tail. Wondering if he resembles any particular breed? I've fostered many kitty's and he just seems different, especially with how muscular he feels. (I also added a photo to include how far hes come, he was very sick when we found him at a carlot in April) 😻

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's a handsome fellow! I would describe him as a black and white domestic longhair. Cats with lots of white usually have two copies of the white spotting gene. So it's likely that both his parents have white markings, although they might just have a little white on them.

Is he an intact male (or only recently neutered)? Intact adult males can have a distinctively muscular body feel.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Foxxyyy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He's a handsome fellow! I would describe him as a black and white domestic longhair. Cats with lots of white usually have two copies of the white spotting gene. So it's likely that both his parents have white markings, although they might just have a little white on them.

Is he an intact male (or only recently neutered)? Intact adult males can have a distinctively muscular body feel.
Aw thanks! Hes neutered (around april) :) he's a strange little guy, he loves the water and his fur is almost resistant to getting wet. He's very soft and fluffy! I dont know why, but he reminds me of a tiny lion lol

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This actual pattern is called for a van pattern, because the Turkish Van cats are renown for this. They are also longhaired, and often likes to swim...

But cats with this pattern are quite common, but real turkish vans are very rare... So the money bet goes heavily on a domestic with van pattern.

Even if someone chasing after a high odds may chance wildly on Turkish Van. Of course, with this triangularish muzzle, and if he is biggish, you could also take a wild high odds on a Norwegian...