What Breed Is He?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Aww... cute kitty! He has some markings similar to those of a Snowshoe, so he might have some Snowshoe influence, or the result of a Siamese x bicolor Domestic Shorthair cross, which would give similar markings.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Daisydixon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Trouble maker is right! This cat has more energy than Red Bull. He's swinging from my curtains and always on my face hitting my eye. I wonder why he always has to be on top of me by my face non stop? He runs this house in two days! My other cat is 11 years old and now hides under my bed. This kitten is a little hurricane.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very very cute! Dont neglect your older cat though.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Trouble maker is right! This cat has more energy than Red Bull. He's swinging from my curtains and always on my face hitting my eye. I wonder why he always has to be on top of me by my face non stop? He runs this house in two days! My other cat is 11 years old and now hides under my bed. This kitten is a little hurricane.
Because he is a Snowshoe (or close enough to count). Just wait until the playful kitten mode is gone and the mischievous adult cat develops.

You know the saying "give an inch and they'll take a mile"? When it comes to Snowshoe it is more "give an inch and they'll take 10 miles, all the cat food and treats, make the sink over flow and lock you out of the house."

I have a Snowshoe myself and a look alike moggie. The moggie is less trouble but they both are extremely tempermental and my Snowshoe will push every single boundary daily. But I still love them. Luckily they usually entertain each other so I just have to reign them in sometimes.... or at least try.

Daisydixon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh my goodness! I'm in trouble for sure! My other cat is getting a lot of love and he is always on my bed. The kitten is trying to take over and hissing at my older cat, he ignores him for the most part. I'm tired. It's like having a newborn and I need my rest while he's asleep! Ha!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine
OMG.... I missed an opportunity to share photos? Its been a crazy month let me remedy that.....

This is the lord and master of the house Link.

20170708_093545.jpg

He would love it if we had a dozen cats (he brings friends home sometimes) and is the protector of the group. He is a typical Snowshoe and pushes every boundary he can. That photo doesn't do his eyes justice.... he has the really bright blue eyes but indoors they get washed out some.

And this is the little princess Rocket
20170706_054150.jpg

She is the baby and wants to stay the baby. She came to me as a 4 month old feral and still reverts in moments. She absolutely loves the boys. She is my moggie and a little less your typical Snowshoe. Her eyes are a grey blue color usually which is more common with moggie lookalikes .

Daisydixon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
IMG_9305.JPG
IMG_9306.JPG
Sorry I have taken awhile to reply back, but I'm a mother of a snowshoe kitten who takes up my whole day now! While he is a crazy lunatic and owns me - I love him so much!

His name is Liam and he runs this house and my 11 year old cat. My other cat is a male also and a black and white tuxcedo cat. My tuxcedo cat lives on my bed and loves love. He hasn't been active in 5 years, until Liam just came into his life. Now he plays hide and seek with him all day! They have just started to groom each other! Liam still rules the roost with my older cat KiKi. He controls what he does, and can make him run away! Ha!

I spend all day playing fetch with Liam's mouse which can be over 100 times till he passes out from sheer exhaustion. While he loves to swing from the curtains, on my headboard jumping, running 50 miles a hour he is such a joy. At first I thought this might be too much. My only child (son) left 3 years ago and is in the army, so I felt no more purpose anymore. I really had bad empty nesting. Not anymore with this rambunctious kitten!

My son is home on leave and everyday Liam and Kiki get new deliveries from Amazon and I'm obsessed with both of them. My son told my husband he's worried about how much time I'm spending with the cats! Ha! Liam is a joy and gave me and my older cat a new lease on life. I'm glad to have a Wild, out of control, bossy, loving, adorable kitten! I can't wait for him to wake me up with every mouse he owns on the bed on top of me! Haha! Thanks for helping and your cats are all so adorable!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oooohhh... Snow and Tell! Here's mine - trying to catch snowflakes through the windowpane.

snowshoeflake.jpg

D Daisydixon - You're right - they do breathe new Life into older cats. Peanut, one of my two twenty year olds, had grown very quiet and sedentary. Since Moo Shu Snowshoe's arrival, he's actually looking and acting much younger, although I suspect it's simply because he spends so much time running away from her.

;)

Kieka Kieka - I adore your Snowshoes, and the best thing about them is that they're three thousand miles away such a lovely matched pair.

Last edited:

Daisydixon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm very surprised to learn that it took two whole days to become Head Of Household. Thankfully, most Snowshoe owners take them in stride - and in good humour. They're still the only "naturally dominant" cat breed I've ever encountered. Here are a few threads involving Snowshoes, with pictures of Kieka's gorgeous Link and Rocket:

New!

1 Year Old Snowshoe Siamese Wants To Be The Only One.

Simon: Freak, or freakishly intelligent?

and posts 4 and 10 here:

Selecting A Cat Breed?

Daisydixon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine Your cat is beautiful! I anxiously await what this new day brings with the cats. I'm glad my older cat is now running around like old times, and enjoying his company - when he's not running to get away, like you said!

Kieka Kieka Your Lord and master of the house is precious! Your moogie cat is so adorable and look at those eyes! So cute.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:flail::flail::flail::flail::lol::lol::lol:
Are they really that bad? I think I have never seen one in Spain
Of course not. When Franco died and King Juan Carlos came to power in 1975, he banned Snowshoes from Spain forever. Franco reportedly had built a vast deadly army of them (some reports say as many as six or seven Snowshoes), and was planning to take over the world.

;)

Really, Alejandra - if you want to find Snowshoes, just follow the trail of broken things.

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Of course not. When Franco died and King Juan Carlos came to power in 1975, he banned Snowshoes from Spain forever. Franco reportedly had built a vast deadly army of them (some reports say as many as six or seven Snowshoes), and was planning to take over the world.

;)

Really, Alejandra - if you want to find Snowshoes, just follow the trail of broken things.
Raistlin broke my PlayStation 2 about 4 years ago, so maybe he is half Persian and half Snowshoe hahahahah parenthood mistery solved at last!
So, the world can breath because Franco's evil plan failed! Fiuh, that was close :biggrin:

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

;)

I heard it was four, six or seven being unmanageable even for a dictator.

Daisydixon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Tonight the kitten who is now 5 months peed in his kitty bed? I picked it up from off the floor next to my bed and it was soaked. Is this normal, or should I be worried? He normally goes in his litter box all the time and I haven't noticed any accidents at all; at least none I am aware of. He isn't neutered yet due to the vet saying to wait till at least 7, or 8 months. Any suggestions to why he peed in his bed? Thanks!