What Are Your Cats Doing Right Now?

GenCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So...that post above where I went :doh2:

Both big cats have been on a mild food strike since then. Probably my fault for rotating in new foods too quickly but with LiLi not feeling well I've been scattered and lost track (XiaoXiao won't eat if I don't rotate stuff a bit, but YanYan isn't a fan of any food changes). Today I put out their food bowls with canned food they usually like. They both immediately turned away and didn't even consider going back. Ok...puts out the raw bison, XiaoXiao is instantly devouring it like a wild cat that hasn't eaten in days.

This is my picky boy, the one who tries to bury his food under bedding or puppy pads when he's "done" with it. The one who takes, at minimum, 2 weeks to transition to a new food or he has tummy problems. Well he decided that this transition needs to hurry the heck up cause he is a MEAT EATER.

Trust me, I know the feeling of a migraine all too well. But holding your cat must have brought you warmth and comfort. I hope you're feeling better today. 🤗
I have an ally that understands my pain and the comfort of a warm cat. I am much better today, thank you. I took my medication yesterday but sometimes it doesn't work or takes a few hours to kick in. I ended up going back to work anyway and thankfully the meds finally decided I needed some relief (or that Aleve pushed it to work lol)

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got a new area carpet so it's rolled in plastic covering and laying under the dining room table until later- so,this is the NEW thing everyone must figure out- 4 of them are watching it ,laying beside it to see what it does- lol
Timmy does not trust it so he walked around the long way to the litter box and left the others to guard it

GenCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
LiLi just hissed so I ran into the other room to make sure XiaoXiao wasn't being too rough with her. Found her hiding on a chair but when I went to comfort her she ATTACKED MY HAND! The betrayal! :flail: Turns out she was having fun rough housing but had to give him a warning hiss for cheating by being 9 pounds heavier than her but she had it under control.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I have an ally that understands my pain and the comfort of a warm cat. I am much better today, thank you. I took my medication yesterday but sometimes it doesn't work or takes a few hours to kick in. I ended up going back to work anyway and thankfully the meds finally decided I needed some relief (or that Aleve pushed it to work lol)
Yes, you have an ally. 🤗 Anyone who has never experienced a "true" migraine doesn't understand what it's like do they? I had to eventually change medications because the previous one wasn't doing the job anymore. But the trade off was the new one made me a little spacey which is not helpful when you work in Special Ed. :wink: Usually my trigger is weather, what's yours?

Back to what my cat is doing right now - Carleton is patiently waiting to see where I'm going. He positions himself right at the entrance between the family room and kitchen so I have to gingerly step over or around him. :biggrin:

IMG_2459.JPG

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
LiLi just hissed so I ran into the other room to make sure XiaoXiao wasn't being too rough with her. Found her hiding on a chair but when I went to comfort her she ATTACKED MY HAND! The betrayal! :flail: Turns out she was having fun rough housing but had to give him a warning hiss for cheating by being 9 pounds heavier than her but she had it under control.
Little traitor! I bet her attention was focused on her target and not you- did she give thst confused look when she did it- you know the one" oh gee Mom,so sorry I just don't know what came over me
Yes, you have an ally. 🤗 Anyone who has never experienced a "true" migraine doesn't understand what it's like do they? I had to eventually change medications because the previous one wasn't doing the job anymore. But the trade off was the new one made me a little spacey which is not helpful when you work in Special Ed. :wink: Usually my trigger is weather, what's yours?

Back to what my cat is doing right now - Carleton is patiently waiting to see where I'm going. He positions himself right at the entrance between the family room and kitchen so I have to gingerly step over or around him. :biggrin:

View attachment 468057
This is so true- my heart goes out to you and to @GemsGem,migrains are crippling.

I had suffered a concussion that resulted in debilitating migrains -as quickly as they came on after my accident they also just suddenly stopped after 2 yrs- I can't imagine chronic migrains

You are both in my prayers.. .I

GenCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
XiaoXiao is very upset with me right now. I didn't defrost his Bison properly and he is HUNGRY. He knocked his bowl over trying to pull at a stringy bit of meat that was still stuck to the main chunk lol. I think this boy needs chunks of meat and meaty bones already. I wonder if his mama cat was already hunting and letting them eat meat before he got lost because the way he has taken to raw is crazy.

Yeah my family didn't understand until I curled up on the couch one day and just cried and cried, I'm not a public crying type. Weather is definitely a big trigger. I think also stress, eye strain and any sort of congestion.

My husband and I refer to this as the "speed bump". Nobody is going fast in this house.

Little traitor! I bet her attention was focused on her target and not you- did she give thst confused look when she did it- you know the one" oh gee Mom,so sorry I just don't know what came over me
I didn't get a good look but I don't think she is as concerned as the big cats would be :p

This is so true- my heart goes out to you and to @GemsGem,migrains are crippling.
Thank you, as always, Kwik. I'm really glad that yours went away! It sounds like you've been through enough as it is.

GenCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
LiLi just went to try to nap with XiaoXiao but he took it as a Threat on His Spot. So she sat on his head :flail: they're now having a couch war.

GenCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I heard a weird noise to my right and looked down, YanYan was chewing on the plastic around the RAWZ packaging. I snapped at her and said no, like we normally scold them. She ran away but one minute late "cronch cronch"...guess I am unwrapping every package in the house again. (She had stopped for awhile so I thought we broke her of it. Thankfully so far she never eats it, just rips it up but I don't trust the pill licker...which is another long story of panicked googling)

XiaoXiao is now inspecting all the cans wondering how to open them.

GenCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
LiLi is very happily sitting on her mountain of plush blankets like a queen. Anytime I go near she starts to purr.

GenCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
XiaoXiao is kneading my stomach, not sure if I should take this as a compliment or insult 🤔

KittyCat_chitchat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ozzie is somewhere or other - probably asleep on his favourite window ledge. Cleo is snuggled up on my knee with her head on one of my arms, purring like a motorbike and preventing me from going to see what Oz is doing, going to the toilet, and indeed getting bathed and going to bed. Hence why I'm on the forum so late for my time zone...

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Daisy's back on the bed after occupying my lap in the chair for an hour or so and having her lunch. Phoebe's on a return trip to her bowl and will probably head back to the bed (on or under) when she's done.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
3am- Bella asleep in her stroller,next to me,Timmy in his little bed in front of me,Graycie in Timmys enclosures sleeping on a shelf,Max asleep in the middle of my bed and Sami asleep in the side pocket of my bed ....funny,the enclosure is coming down this coming week- I suspect Graycie was eavesdropping as I was on the phone telling my cousin no one used it and Id like it disassembled - she's been in it ever since!