What Are Your Cats Doing Right Now?

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a close call situation!

I came home from work and my husband said, it's all worked out but I might as well let you know...
He had taken the dog for a walk. When he returned he noticed the door hadn't shut completely. He immediately went to check for our cat but couldn't find her anywhere in the house. (I should add she is strictly an indoor cat. I sometimes take her for little "jaunts" on her harness and she usually just wants to go back inside after a few minutes.)
So he immediately goes outside shaking treats but all this accomplishes is attracting attention of neighbour's cat which would just scare her away anyways. Then he thinks he sees....far far down the bottom of the hill a black blob moving quickly so runs, but he says that black blob is moving so fast! It disappears! A car brakes as the black blob runs across the road. He runs into several people, one woman with a dog, asking "have you seen a cat?" Some people thought they saw something but that it was a fox? (There are some black foxes). He gives his number to various people. But he says he's that black blob moving and it's skittering fast "with that Pepé Le Pew upright tail" and not the loping movement of a fox and there are no skunks in the area we live. He heads back home up the hill and...there she was, waiting right at the door to be let back in.

Phew!

She's a larger sized lady so I'm shocked/impressed that she was able to move so fast!

She seemed very - self-satisfied with herself after this great adventure.
O my goodness, so happy everything’s OK. I think they like to test us, to see if we REALLY care. Usually after something like this, THEY are napping, and OUR hearts are beating a mile a minute!

Meekie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Chasing a fly all over the apartment.

She looks so forlorn when she loses track of it.

Meekie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't know. It's suddenly awfully quiet. Suspiciously quiet. I better go check.

OK. She's sunbathing in the other room.

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Checking out her freshly cleaned litterbox and saying “It’s about time someone flushed the toilet!”

Meekie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Engaging in criminal behavior.

Just walked in with the package of new feather toys that arrived today. As usual, I have to let them air out because they have a terrible chemical smell when they come out of the package. Now that Maple has full run of the house, I can't just air them out on the kitchen table or she'll get to them. In fact, there was nowhere I could think of that she couldn't get to.

I had to use the bathroom so I put them on top of the portable washer - I had never seen her up there. She was asleep in her tree so I figured they'd be safe there. I'd only be in the bathroom for a minute.

When I came out she was rolling around in the living room with one of the new feathers she STOLE.

I'm calling the police.

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Laying trapped under a pile of curtains. Belle leapt up on the window sill and attempted a high energy 180 degree turn. Unfortunately, her rear end skidded over the edge and off the sill. She hooked her claws on the curtains and hung there, unable to pull herself up or unhook her claws.

She looked at me and we made eye contact for what seemed a long time. Then, the whole shebang came crashing down in tangled heap- cat, curtains and curtain rod.