What are you reading? The Sequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kailie

Now reading Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin.
I thought this was incredibly well written, and although I'm not thrilled with the ending, I REALLY enjoyed this book!

Now reading I Am Not Myself These Days by Josh Kilmer-Purcell.

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Dead Until Dark by Chalaine Harris. I tried to read the new one before I read the first one, I'd never read anything in the series, and just couldn't get into it. So now I'm going to read the first one. Dh said he was interested as well. We don't have HBO though so we can't see True Blood.

Joshua and the City by Joseph Girzone. I read the first book Joshua, and found it kind of neat.

Andrew Greeley- Irish Cream. Drat. That wasn't what I thought it was. I was in a hurry and I just glanced at the shelf and thought I was getting one of his Bishop Blackie Ryan mysteries. And just realized now that it's not. Oh well- we'll see if I like this or not.

Cheryl

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Now reading I Am Not Myself These Days by Josh Kilmer-Purcell.
This book is incredibly sad, yet SO funny at the same time! A really great read for the open minded.

Now reading Kimberley Sun by Di Morrissey.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still deep in the world of Anne McCaffrey's Pern. Started the marathon with her son Todd's Pern books (some are collaborations with Anne).

While I waited for his newest I began The Pern Books from the beginning....I'm up to The Dolphins of Pern now. The earlier ones I know by heart, the later books have not been reread as often, so there are still some surprises.

The latest in Todd's series of Pern books is now in the pile, but I will continue Anne's originals with until the end of the original series now, before going back to Todd's.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I love the Pern series and always enjoy reading them.

Books I'm working on:

Pacific Heights - Paul Harper
The Real Macaw - Donna Andrews
Ghost Story - Jim Butcher
Georgia's Kitchen - Jenny Nelson
The Kingdom - Clive Cussler

speakhandsforme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
At the moment, mainly school books, so stuff like A Short History of Medieval Europe

But my relaxin' book right now is No Country for Old Men, by Cormac McCarthy. I saw the movie recently and was totally enthralled. After further research I discovered he writes like Faulkner, who is my #1 literary all-time favorite. So I'm quite excited. It's very good so far

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just picked up my 53rd James Patterson book, this one from the library, I had it on 'hold'. It's titled First You See Her.

thebluepencil

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Right now I am reading The Fountainhead. I don't know why it has a reputation for being boring and horrible. While I don't agree with everything that Rand says, her skill as a writer is undeniable! It's also super interesting and engaging.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Now reading Kimberley Sun by Di Morrissey.
This was the sequel to another of her books I read, and although it was good, I liked the first one better.

Now reading Landing by Emma Donoghue.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by speakhandsforme

At the moment, mainly school books, so stuff like A Short History of Medieval Europe

But my relaxin' book right now is No Country for Old Men, by Cormac McCarthy. I saw the movie recently and was totally enthralled. After further research I discovered he writes like Faulkner, who is my #1 literary all-time favorite. So I'm quite excited. It's very good so far
I really enjoyed No Country for Old Men. (The book and the movie.) The Road is excellent, too.

I just finished The Help. I could have probably read it all in one day, if I'd had the time.

speakhandsforme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TheBluePencil

Right now I am reading The Fountainhead. I don't know why it has a reputation for being boring and horrible. While I don't agree with everything that Rand says, her skill as a writer is undeniable! It's also super interesting and engaging.
I have read Atlas Shrugged twice, The Fountainhead either 3 or 4 times, We the Living once, and Anthem once. The Fountainhead was my favorite.

I'm very politically liberal, but I did like her books when I read them in high school. Now, I'm not so sure I like her writing style. It seemed wonderfully dramatic at the time, but going back through it just strikes me as overly grandiose -- but then again, I'm a fan of minimalist and stream-of-consciousness writing, so maybe that's just my opinion. I don't agree with her philosophy at all; I think it's fatally flawed.

princessesme

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Reading a ton of Kindle samples at the moment but just finished The Bite Before Christmas by Lynsay Sands and Jeaniene Frost.

I'm a total vampire/paranormal addict... lol.. so my fav authors are Jeaniene Frost, Charlaine Harris, Lynsay Sands, Jennifer Estep, Kerrelyn Sparks, Laurell K. Hamilton, Mary Janice Davidson, etc.

I also enjoy Mary Kay Andrews
and Jackie Collins.

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Is one of those authors the one who writes the mysteries that take place in Lousiana? The one about the lady who has a ghost that lives in her house and she helps her solve mysteries? I think the ghost's name is Jitty/ Jittney something like that? I like that series.

I tried the Charlaine Harris series. Twice. And I just couldn't get into them.
Cheryl

princessesme

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sneakymom

Is one of those authors the one who writes the mysteries that take place in Lousiana? The one about the lady who has a ghost that lives in her house and she helps her solve mysteries? I think the ghost's name is Jitty/ Jittney something like that? I like that series.

I tried the Charlaine Harris series. Twice. And I just couldn't get into them.
Cheryl
I am not familiar, sorry! Charlaine's books can be a little slow moving at times, but the series, IMO, was great! Some obviously better than others.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still deep in Anne McCaffrey's Pern. Two more to go, after Moreta.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Back from Pern. Whew that was a long visit!

Now reading The Guernsey Literary and Potato Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Anne Barrows.

It's really good. :)

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Now reading Landing by Emma Donoghue.

Completely boring through most of it... I found myself skimming a lot.

Recently read and finished Magnolia Wednesdays by Wendy Wax and I really enjoyed it! It was an easy feel good read.

Now reading Never Look Back by Lesley Pearse.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am currently reading Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris. I tried twice before to read the Southern Vampire series and couldn't get into it, but once I got past the first 2 books I got into it. I am reading the series in order right now on my kobo. I might take a break after this book and read Devil's Food Cake Murder by Joanne Fluke. I picked up one of her books back in 2005 and loved it and ended up reading all of them. I haven't read this one yet and it has been out since March. I normally pick them up and read them right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.