Not open for further replies.

wendyally

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Two books right now:

re-reading Harry Potter Book 7 (trying to finish before the movie is out),

and

book 1 of the "Ranger's Apprentice" series. My son just finished it and loved it...I know it's a kid's book, but since murder mysteries are my normal genre, frankly sometimes I can use a break from the "adult" stuff and the macabre, and just enjoy a read that is easy on my senses.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm readying Lara Adrian's Midnight Awakening , it's the first in a series and I'm only 10% into it, but I just don't like the author's style so far, and I really don't like the storyline so far either...I mean I know it's sooo early to judge but most of these urban fantasy books I read are very predictable and I can already see what will happen...not good.
I will give it more of a chance and we'll see because sometimes books do turn around and become really interesting all of a sudden. But I'm also really sick of reading about vampires. Maybe I need to change genres for a bit.

As a side note I think everyone should get the facebook app Visual bookshelf- it's awesome, you can add all the books you've read and review them as well as see other reviews.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ut0pia

As a side note I think everyone should get the facebook app Visual bookshelf- it's awesome, you can add all the books you've read and review them as well as see other reviews.
I agree 100%! I use it and love it.
Gives great recommendations.

I'm almost finished book 3 of Philippa Gregory's Wideacre series and I can't get over how much I have enjoyed all 3 books!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just finished Hunger Games, and am reading Catching Fire. I know they're young adult books, but they are actually pretty good!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Last weekend I read the "Dewey sequel", Dewey's Nine Lives by Vicki Myron, which was almost as enjoyable as the first. It's a collection of stories about cats, but there's also more about Dewey.
This weekend I've read two true crime books by Kathryn Casey, Shattered and She Wanted It All, and started another, The Man with Candy by Jack Olsen.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hated reading when I was little. I had to be forced to read if I was going to read. Now though I love reading. I'm never without a book.

I like anything. I like classics, thrillers, young adult, horror, ghost stories. I like the cat detective books like Mrs. Murphy, Joe Grey, Midnight Louie, The Cat Who series. I love the Warrior series by Erin Hunter. I like Dean Koontz, Sharon Sala, Colleen Thompson, Carlene Thompson, Nora Roberts. Even though most of her books are out of print Richie Tankersly Cusick. Some other's I can't remember at this very moment.

My favorite books: Fear Streets R.L. Stine. Out Of The Dark Sharon Sala. Carolina Moon Nora Roberts. Blue Is For Nightmare series Laurie Faria Stolarz. Sweep series Cate Tiernan. Balefire series Cate Tiernan. The Stone Forest Karen Harper. Gingerbread Man Maggie Shayne. The Mortal Instruments series Cassandra Clare.

ummm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

I just finished Hunger Games, and am reading Catching Fire. I know they're young adult books, but they are actually pretty good!
Love the first 2 books. Was disappointed with the final book. It seems like most people love the first 2, but it's either love it or hate it for the 3rd...!

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finished reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo last weekend, and started on the sequel - am finding the second one easier to get into, I really struggled to get into the first one.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ummm

Love the first 2 books. Was disappointed with the final book. It seems like most people love the first 2, but it's either love it or hate it for the 3rd...!
What was the last one called? I remember loving the first two but cannot remember the last one. Actually, the first two fascinated me and I didn't even know about them until I got a recommendation here!

I'm reading Katie Flynn's books at the moment - anyone else into her books?

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

What was the last one called? I remember loving the first two but cannot remember the last one. Actually, the first two fascinated me and I didn't even know about them until I got a recommendation here!

I'm reading Katie Flynn's books at the moment - anyone else into her books?
Mockingjay is the last book.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now that Jean Auel's sixth book in the "Clan of the Cave Bear" series (actually I think it's called The Earth's Children series) is coming out in March I have given myself permission to read the first five again.

I love them so much, especially the first two, that I want to read them every year, but don't, because I'm afraid I'll spoil it by over reading.

It's been three years since I last read them.

But I haven't yet. I just finished The Clan of the Cave Bear for the ten thousandth time (at least
). I know that book practically by heart but I still can't put it down once I start it.

Now for The Valley of Horses. I love solo survivalist stories, and that is why this book is a favorite.

The sixth (and I think last) book is called The Land of the Painted Cave.

I always hoped she would do a section on what happened with Ayla's son Durc and his promised mate, Ura.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by otto

Now that Jean Auel's sixth book in the "Clan of the Cave Bear" series (actually I think it's called The Earth's Children series) is coming out in March I have given myself permission to read the first five again.

I love them so much, especially the first two, that I want to read them every year, but don't, because I'm afraid I'll spoil it by over reading.

It's been three years since I last read them.

But I haven't yet. I just finished The Clan of the Cave Bear for the ten thousandth time (at least
). I know that book practically by heart but I still can't put it down once I start it.

Now for The Valley of Horses. I love solo survivalist stories, and that is why this book is a favorite.

The sixth (and I think last) book is called The Land of the Painted Cave.

I always hoped she would do a section on what happened with Ayla's son Durc and his promised mate, Ura.
OMG, REALLY???? I had no idea there was going to be a sixth. LOVE Clan of the Cave Bear!!! I think I have the first 3, and listened to the last 2 on cd. Really liked listening to those.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kailie

Now going to read Damaged by Cathy Glass.
An incredibly disturbing and very sad book, based on a true story.

Now going to read "Novel About my Wife" by Emily Perkins.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been lent the third in the Millenium trilogy, am looking forward to a lazy Sunday reading that!!

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

OMG, REALLY???? I had no idea there was going to be a sixth. LOVE Clan of the Cave Bear!!! I think I have the first 3, and listened to the last 2 on cd. Really liked listening to those.
Yes. It will be released in March. I can hardly wait! though at the rate I'm going I'm going to be done with the first five way before March.

I don't know if I'd like listening to them. Who is the reader? Are they complete?

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At the moment I am reading a book called "Secret Diary of a demented housewife" by Niamh Greene. It is so funny and as being a housewife myself I can relate to alot of it. I don't think I've laughed so much from reading a book before. I love books like this. x

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm reading non fiction for a change! No God But God- the origins, evolution and future of Islam by Reza Aslan.

Status
Not open for further replies.