Weird human food enjoyed by Cats

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
There is a thread below asking what weird food combos people enjoy. What are some weird foods that your cats' enjoy (if they happen to get into them, that is!)?

My previous cat went nuts for ice cream, especially the soft kind from the ice-cream truck or McDonalds. He used to stick his head in the McDonald's ice cream cup. I always knew he'd gotten into an empty cup, because he would have chocolate sauce caked into the top of his head.

I also would know if my partner had secretly purchased McDonald's take-out for this same reason!!

Yoghurt was another favourite.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
One of our cats who passed to the bridge loved yogurt too as well as lunchmeat. As soon as he would hear the lunchmeat container open he would make a mad dash down the stairs.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought avocado was toxic to cats? I know it is to birds because their livers can't handle it.

Radar loves yoghurt, ice cream, and for some reason likes to steal brocolli.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hotdogs- we found out this week when I cought Colin giving little pieces of hotdog to Fosters and Kolar the foster kitten
and he claims he doesn't like kitties
I don't know what's more conviencing- him petting him all day long and calling him his "little buddy" or him handfeeding the kitten hotdogs
He also decided he liked spaghetti today when he stuck his whole head in my lunch
Bad Kolar!
He's been sooooooo mischevious lately

At home- my girls- (especially Abilene and Isabella)- they LOVE cheetos and anything with cheese in it

Velvet- she prefers the finner things in life- she only likes fresh turkey and chicken.

Jasmine- well...she's like a feline garbage disposal - she'll eat anything ...i mean ANYTHING that won't eat her first

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bella
my sweet girl used to LOVE Italian pepper biscuits they are like a hard type cookie for lack of a better word and they have black pepper in them. I can't believe she ate them!

Severino LOVES Vanilla ice cream and Boiled chicken(He goes bonkers)

Soph Loves Doritos and Cheetos and milk from my cereal.

Joey Gibbs Loves Pepperoni (He doesn't get this very often)

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My previous cat Sylvia loved things with blueberries in them, like blueberry bagels or blueberry muffins. She also reacted to olives/olive juice (green olives, the kind with pimentos) as if it were catnip!

My current cat Sneakers is a junk food junkie, oddly enough.

She loves potato chips! She also likes shoestring potatoes and Combos (I dropped half of one once and she ate it and then came looking for more.)

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chocolate can be fatal to cats...

Zissou will eat anything but Gardettos and peanuts, that I've let her try (which is anything not poisonous to her). She absolutely loves my not-meat mini corn dogs. Strange. That and ketchup, and I once found her licking the extra mustard off my plate. She's an odd child

auntsewissa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Queen Fluffy
LOVED
White powdered donuts. She turned her nose up at almost all cat foods (until I found the "right one") but she was a sucker for donuts. Would try and take them from me if I didn't share

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both of my cats love chocolate soy "ice cream". I know I shouldn't but I give them each a few licks when I have some.

They also both love the milk left over after I have Special K Redberries cereal

Chynna
- loves salt. She will lick the salty flavour off of potato chips.
- likes olives
- likes dill pickles
- loves Vaseline Petroleum Jelly (I give it as a hairball remedy)

Abby
- likes to lick pizza crust
- likes to lick the yogurt bottom from "Nature Valley - Salty & Sweet Almond Bars".
- likes to lick plastic grocry bags
- loves ear wax (she fights me to get at used Q Tips)

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

At home- my girls- (especially Abilene and Isabella)- they LOVE cheetos and anything with cheese in it

Velvet- she prefers the finner things in life- she only likes fresh turkey and chicken.

Jasmine- well...she's like a feline garbage disposal - she'll eat anything ...i mean ANYTHING that won't eat her first
Tiger is a Cheeto and Dorito FREAK!
He'll fight ya for em

The cat brat gang are none for butter! Anytime I have the butter open, they're little heads are stuck in it.. Oh and A-1 Sauce

Bo is notorious for salsa (such a pleasent litterbox afterwards
)

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

Tiger is a Cheeto and Dorito FREAK!
He'll fight ya for em

The cat brat gang are none for butter! Anytime I have the butter open, they're little heads are stuck in it.. Oh and A-1 Sauce

Bo is notorious for salsa (such a pleasent litterbox afterwards
)
Sounds like my little furbabies are related to yours Alycia

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Sounds like my little furbabies are related to yours Alycia
Tiger has actually bitten me over a Cheeto in the past
Not hard, just a "warning" of "If you TOUCH my Cheeto, I'll hurt you!" And he also likes Cool Ranch Doritos... figure that one out

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jalopeno peppers- Radar will hover around when I'm cooking before pouncing whilst has been caught trying to steal a bag of hot chilli peppers and once stuck his tongue in my really hot pepper soup from the local afro-caibbean resturant...
He must have a cast-iron stomach like his daddy

ohnoaninfp

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cleo likes butternut squash. We used to eat spaghetti Os together, Artie likes eggs and popsicles.

ryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Milla loves paprika flavoured chips. Tilli always tries to steal olives and I even caught him drinking my g&t once. He seemed to love it.