Weird human food enjoyed by Cats

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know I have posted this before but Kitters absolutely LOVES
broccoli! As do I! She would kill for broccoli if I didn't' give her her piece when we good it at home! She especially thinks the little leaves on the base of the stem is such a delicacy!!!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LuckyGirl loves butter, anything in butter, like popcorn....but she will eat & beg for most people food, once a scavenger always a scavenger...she also like cheese, cheese its, cheese curls, kraft singles....all the things she's not supposed to have....

Louie only gets food curious if he sees daddy getting ice cream from the freezer...and then he gets all in your face about wanting some....

I think they are dairy cats....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nekochan

My previous cat Sylvia loved things with blueberries in them, like blueberry bagels or blueberry muffins. She also reacted to olives/olive juice (green olives, the kind with pimentos) as if it were catnip!

My current cat Sneakers is a junk food junkie, oddly enough.

She loves potato chips! She also likes shoestring potatoes and Combos (I dropped half of one once and she ate it and then came looking for more.)
I had a cat who loved olives!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

I know I have posted this before but Kitters absolutely LOVES
broccoli! As do I! She would kill for broccoli if I didn't' give her her piece when we good it at home! She especially thinks the little leaves on the base of the stem is such a delicacy!!!
That's hilarious! I'll have to offer some up!

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Madden loves my cereal milk, cheese and ANY kind of meats.

My mom's cat Max goes crazy over spaghetti. If he smells it cooking he won't leave you alone till you fix him a plate!!

candlemaven

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The cats I had growing up, Muffin and Cupcake, would go BUCK WILD to roll around in celery leaves! I think they nibbled on them as well, but the main thing was to roll on them.

Cupcake also liked Doritos.

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats don't get human food often at all, maybe a small piece of cooked vegetable or chicken....except Timmy who I try to entice to me whenever I can with whatever I am eating that is healthy. He's skittish so I'm trying to lure him more with food.
I used to let them nibble a piece of green olive. They go NUTS for it!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
ice cream and cheese (but i know it's not good to give them too much) those tinned tunas that have tomato and capsicum and stuff, vegemite and of course a good christmas ham! lol

dont_eat_bambi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hmmm lets see

Pinky-loves butter ( sits on top of the printer at the computer most days and begs for butter off my morning toast) and greasy cheese
Tippy- likes both vanilla ice cream and ruffles and cheese. Not the cheap store brand cheese though. She knows the difference.
Grease Monkey- loves green beans
Fuzzy- loves the smell of pumpkin seeds but doesnt eat them

I had a stray named munchkin one time that loved tomatoe sauce and fried rice.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our kitties are freaks - they're all feral rescues, and for the most part they don't like anything that isn't cat food! Go figure.

The exception:

Flowerbelle likes strawberry ice cream and strawberry yoghurt. No other flavors (not even vanilla), and she doesn't like strawberries (I just had to see!)

Shelly, Tuxedo, Ming Loy and Spooky love shrimp, chicken and turkey.

BUT - Tuxedo will only eat shrimp if they're warm, and will only eat chicken if it's cold!

Ming Loy eats plastic - so we have to be really careful about leaving anything out. Especially those little tear-drop shaped things that fall off of grocery plastic bags.

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On another board I once heard about a kitty that went nuts over corn on the cob. The owner say this cat would chew the whole ear, and would get very protective if anyone tried to take it away! I saw the pictures - very weird!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my boys love cheerios.. Miagi loves turkey lunchmeat and so does Tiger.
Miagi LOVES cooler ranch doritos and plain potato chips. Tiger and Miagi are always in my face when I am eating.

dozen2luv

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Stewie absolutely loves Cheetos and not the regular Cheetos they have to be the hot ones! My daughter will get a bag and yell for Stewie to come share her Cheetos and he is right there. He turns his nose up to regular Cheetos and she tried hot goldfish too, but no way.

Dozen2Luv (Regina)

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How about wierd food they don't like?! Frankie won't touch canned meat... tuna, chicken... sure as long as it's NOT from a can.

Now, the wierd stuff they do eat. If we order a pizza froma particular place they are both all over us and neither of them are beggars unless we're having poultry. We get what's called a monster pizza which has just about everything on it. Their favorite toppings outside of meat are olives! Yup, Frankie loves them all... green & black alike... but Wickett only eats the black one. I never thought they'd actually eat the stuff till I tried.

Oh, and Wickett likes french fries too.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it is food, and we put it in our mouths, Ferris wants it.

Ginger is much more discriminating. She likes ice-cream.

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jazz will eat anything, pizza, ice cream, even peanut butter. Once I caught her with her face in my spaghetti
(i went to answer the phone, wish I had a camera for that one)!!! Maggie is alot more discriminating in what she eats.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Harvey
LOVES
bread of any kind.
We have to make sure all bread products are kept well out of his reach at all times. He'll rip open the plastic wrapper on a loaf of bread to get to it if he can.

Tailer likes fortune cookies and he loves to lick marshmallows. I don't think he likes the texture of the marshmallows, though. If he tries to put it in his mouth and eat it, he'll get the funniest look on his face and spit it out (then lick it some more).

Forest likes to eat anything he can get his paws on. He has a pretty touchy tummy, though, so we have to make really sure he can't get his paws on anything. He'll chow it down, but then throw up later.

gabi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have 2 kittens that like popcorn and 1 that likes "Nerds"
. I have taken them to school for show and tell. Is it okay for kittens to eat these strange things?

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My girls love bread. No idea why.

Harvey LOVES bread of any kind. We have to make sure all bread products are kept well out of his reach at all times. He'll rip open the plastic wrapper on a loaf of bread to get to it if he can.
Same here! We have to make sure it's in the bread box because otherwise we might wake up to a ripped bag with little nibbles in the bread.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Hotdogs- we found out this week when I cought Colin giving little pieces of hotdog to Fosters and Kolar the foster kitten
and he claims he doesn't like kitties
I don't know what's more conviencing- him petting him all day long and calling him his "little buddy" or him handfeeding the kitten hotdogs
He also decided he liked spaghetti today when he stuck his whole head in my lunch
Bad Kolar!
He's been sooooooo mischevious lately

At home- my girls- (especially Abilene and Isabella)- they LOVE cheetos and anything with cheese in it

Velvet- she prefers the finner things in life- she only likes fresh turkey and chicken.

Jasmine- well...she's like a feline garbage disposal - she'll eat anything ...i mean ANYTHING that won't eat her first

Aww look how old this thread is
It was before we changed Kojak's name (from Kolar) and before all of my girls moved in with us
)

Just to update- Velvet LOVES hotdogs now too
(thanks Colin
)

Jasmine still likes to eat anything and everything

Kojak is a lot like Jasmine on trying to eat EVERYTHING

Isabella LOVES strawberry yogurt, fresh fish, turkey, chicken, tuna