We Lost Pepe This Morning

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
When I came out to the living room, I found her on The Beast's bed. And I knew. I hollered back to Rick to come out. She wasn't breathing. I think she was on her way out to the kitchen, had a stroke, and fell onto the bed. I called the vet, told them that we were on our way, wrapped her up, and left the house.

When we got down to the vet, we unwrapped her. And she was breathing again. Very shallowly. But she had no reaction to anything. Her eyes were open, her mouth was open. No ear twitch, nothing. She wasn't there. It was time and we said goodbye.

It's the end of our RugCat era. She was the last of the original RugCats and the last of Whisper's kittens.

Ms. Pepe was 23 years, 6 months old. Pretty much to the day. She was a feisty old lady and she will be missed. :redheartpump:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Pam I'm so sorry. She was our Grand Dame. :sniffle:

She had a long, wonderful life full of love and friendship. What a reunion that must have been when she arrived at the bridge. May she RIP. She will never be forgotten.

Are you taking some time off from work?? We're here for you and Rick if you need us. How are the rest of the girls doing? Love to all of you. :hugs: :rbheart:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh no! I'm so sorry.

:grouphug2:

It must have been a terrible shock for you to find her like that. Hugs to you and the rest of the family. I'll be thinking of you.

Buffster7

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry, 23 years is such a long time to love and then say goodbye...what heartbreak. My heart aches for you this morning. :sniffle:

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sad news. She was such a good age and having her so long makes it harder. She will be missed. I'm so sorry and thinking of you.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sincerely sorry for your loss.
Sending my hugs and prayers your way.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Pam.. I am so sorry. ((hugs))

It must have been so shocking to find Ms Pepe, that way.

I remember her recent birthday~~ with you explaining how much you loved her.. and her happy, wonderful life.

I am so sad for you.. but Ms Pepe knew nothing but love; for her entire life.
You and Rick provided that, and a secure warm home for her..

Now, she is upstairs, watching over both of you, playing with the rest of the RugCats...

((hugs))

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: Pam! I'm so sorry you've lost your grand old lady. RIP, Pepe. I'd like to imagine your spirit reunited with those of the other RugCats.:rbheart:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Aww, sweet Ms. Pepe. I'm so sorry to read this news, Pam. :hugs: RIP, little girl. :rbheart:

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So sorry to hear of your loss. I know she is in cat heaven now, she was so good to you for many more years than most cats....because Pam you were a very good guardian. Maybe she'll meet Kitty, they were almost the same age. God be with you now. Many good things you said about a beautiful cat. She still is beautiful now.

babs' slave

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so so very sorry! I have prayed for comfort for you and your family.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
23 years is a long time to collect a lot of good memories, so she's still there even if you can't see her.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
dang

RIP sweetheart baby ms pepe - you carried your line with honor, grace and beauty, and lots and lots of classiness.

SweetiePie1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Its always so hard to hear about the loss of our loved ones. Thank you for sharing. Thoughts and prayers to you and all who loved Ms. Pepe. 23 years, wow.