We Lost Pepe This Morning

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart aches for you. Losing a child is agonizingly painful. I hope you and Rick find comfort in all the beautiful memories you have of Ms. Pepe. She will always shine in them.

With love and caring.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My condolences on the lost of Ms Pepe. I can only hope our girls have lives that are as long and love filled.

will2002

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Such a grand old Lady Ms. Pepe became. For a kitty to live twenty-three years she must of had the best of care, and a world full of love given to her. The fact she lived so many years, tells her life's story.
I am truly sorry for your loss. There is no way you could of had her in your life for so long, and not miss her greatly now. You were truly blessed!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry for your loss, 23 years is unbelievable, almost a quarter century! That just means there will be lots to talk about when you meet up again someday.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

She had a wonderful life with you, no regrets either of you, I am sorry for your loss...

I hope that your hearts heal a bit more each day, God Bless......:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My condolences to you that Ms. Pepe passed away. it is amazing she lived till 23 years old. Ms. Pepe will always be looking after you from heaven as you have looked after her for so long for so many years, all the love, hugs and joyful times that you both shared with be with you. It is very difficult when someone who has been with us for so long leaves us and it will take time to heal. Ms. Pepe will still be around when you need her and she will wait for you to meet her. Gods angels are holding her and keeping her warm and loving her while she waits till you join her one day. God bless sweet heart Ms. Pepe RIP.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart aches for your pain.....
I wish I could make it easier somehow, but when the heart is broken, only time can heal the terrible wounds. To have her in your life for 23 years, and now not, it will take a lot of time to get used to a new life's order without her. I pray you can find comfort in knowing that it was your wonderful home and your love that enabled her to live such a magnificent life.
She died at home, surrounded by the family and the love she enjoyed for so many years. It is fitting. The last of her clan, the end of an era. She will forever be as close as your thoughts and prayers, love that strong does not go away, it is spiritual, so forever. She leaves behind a legacy of love, of precious memories that will eventually bring you comfort instead of pain. May you find comfort in those who remain behind to mourn, those who remember and love her, her family that she loved so very much.
My thoughts and prayers are with you all, please accept my sincere condolences in this time of pain.....Take care......RIP precious Pepe. You will never be forgotten, you will have a secure place in loving hearts for eternity. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Pepe, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

23 years...what a marvelous achievement for a Grand Old Dame, but where we love, an eternity would not be enough. I will only say what I have said so often before, love does not die, it only changes form and continues on, still Love. And Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides. Her love for you, now purified and translated into Love will be with you always.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick and I thank you for your thoughts and sympathy for us with losing Ms. Pepe. She really was a Grand Old Dame. She was Rick's baby and he's had some difficult times since she died. At night when he would watch TV, Pepe was always on his lap. When he gave The Beast her Prozac and Benedryl with peanut butter, Pepe decided she liked peanut butter, too, so Rick always gave her a wee taste. For the most part, Rick is OK, but there are some times that are harder than others. Thank you for thinking of us.

In the last several years, we've gone from putting out eight plates of food to seven, to six, to five to now putting out four plates. That's the hardest for me, I think. I got five plates out again this morning and had to put one away again. We've never, ever had only four cats. That's rough.

Pepe is the last of Whisper's kittens (born in 1996). She and her brothers and sisters were born in a clothes basket in our bedroom, with Rick watching over them and me out in the hallway with Hydrox and Banshee while the kittens were being born. In her 23-1/2 years, she has only ever known our house. She's also the last of the original RugCats. That's the end of an era for us. We still have Amber Louise, an honorary RugCat and Mollipop, Tabby, and Muffin, who are known collectively as The Three Meowsketeers. They are also honorary RugCats.

Ms. Pepe's nickname was The PepMonster because that girl was always in trouble as a RugKitten. In her pictures, she looked like an angel. But man, that girl always managed to find herself in some kind of trouble. She put huge holes in our drapery sheers in the living room because she thought it was ever-so-much fun to swing from the curtains. She chewed through the cord to my computer mouse and, of course, when I went to Staples for a new mouse, I had to tell the clerk that my cat ate my mouse!

She chewed a hole in the warming pad to a Corning casserole. That's when I made her write a letter to Corning, apologizing for chewing the hole and requesting a new warming pad. She signed her letter with a paw print. The woman at Corning thought Pepe's letter was adorable and give us a new warming pad free of charge. So then Pepe wrote her a Thank You note.

Pepe also wrote a note to our vet's receptionist, telling her that her name was not pronounced PeePee. It was Pepe. Like the skunk. Again, a paw print was her signature. The next time we took Pep to the vet, they all pronounced her name properly, even the vet tech.

Pepe was the top-of-the-fridge cat. She spent so much time napping on the top of our fridge that we bought a dog bed and stuck it up there. We figured that, if she was going to sleep there, she might as well be comfortable. And she was hilarious; we'd open the fridge door and she'd lean over and look in the fridge, and then look at me. "Hey, Mom! Watcha doing? Watcha gettin'?" Every single time. When she got too old to make the jump, we took the bed away.

The stories that I could tell you about Ms. Pepe! And the pictures of her! She was a unique little girl and I think part of it was that she was a tortie. She had the tortie-tude to go along with her coloring, too.

Thank you again for thinking of us.

cuthawolf cuthawolf I am so sorry for the loss of your little one. :hugs: :redheartpump:

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ms. Pepe will live forever in the hearts of many. Her longevity is a testament to not only the exceptional care she had but how much she loved her family. She lived the life every cat should get. RIP beautiful girl. I hope to get the honor of meeting you someday. :rbheart: :angelcat: