We Had A Contract

Artscats

Georgie Boy
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone. I stumbled across this site and registered so I could share my loss. I truly appreciate the opportunity to do this. This site, and others like it, provide a "service" that no one else can. Thank you deeply.
This morning I had to euthanize my 14 year old buddy guy named George, aka Georgie Boy. I've had a lot of cats during my life and George was one of those special ones that only comes around once in a great while. He had a number of health problems that just caught up to him and was suffering, even though he kept trying, and most importantly to me, kept purring to the very end. In fact, George was the best purrer I've ever heard. You could hear him across a room. It's hard to write this because losing him is so raw right now. I was glad to be able to have him home while he passed. I had been talking to an animal communicator and she saw this coming and helped me realize that it was what he wanted, rather than suffer anymore. I've walked this mile many times before and it never gets easy. And, if you believe in an after-life and that the people and animals we meet are not by coincidence, then it should ring a bell that she told me we had a "contract" to meet in this life. I truly believe this, especially with what George had to go through to re-connect with me. Here' the story:

" About 14 years ago I was was working at a company that was about 5 miles north of a little town near here. It was out in the country and pretty isolated. There were feral cats around and I found 2 month old George and his black and white brother hungry and crying. So I trapped them and kept them in a spare office where I was hoping to domesticate them and find them a good home. A couple of weeks later I found a home for his brother but not George. One day, when I wasn't at work yet, the boss's son, who hated cats, came by, saw him and threw him in a box and drove off with him. The workers told me he took him about 6 miles north and dumped him out in the country. This was in November. Every chance I had I would wander those 6 miles and call him hoping he'd hear me and come to me. No luck. And what really worried me were the dangers out there. There we're bobcats, coyotes and foxes. And, there was a busy highway between work and where he was dumped. And since he was in a closed box when he was taken there was no way he could have seen where he was going or the route back. After a while I started to give up hope. But, one day in February, 3 months later, I came to work and saw a tuft of gray fur on the door mat. I didn't think it could be him, it had been so long. Later in the afternoon I looked across the yard into the open door of a darkened warehouse and thought I had seen a pair of green eyes looking at me. As I walked over they disappeared. So the next day I put out a trap and got a call in the morning that there was a cat in the trap. I rushed over and surprise! surprise! It was George! He was older and bigger but I knew it was him because of a small tuft of white fur on his chest. I took him home that day and promised him that this was his forever home. And he's been with me for 14 years. I just wish he could talk and tell me about his adventures. That would be one great story."

After I told the animal communicator this story she relayed to me what his adventures were. And the timeline and the geography matched closely with what I new. And it just brought us even closer together. What really makes a great cat is their personality. And George was very special. He was a big cat and very strong. And obviously, to survive 2 months in the wilderness on his own, he had to be aggressive at times to survive. But he was truly a gentle giant. He lived with 5 other cats, one of who was mistreated as a kitten and didn't like other cats and hissed and hunched up constantly. But that never phased George. In 14 years he never once hissed or raised his paw. He got along with everyone. He was a real peace maker. When the other cats would come running for dinner he would actually wait for them to eat then take his turn. The same thing with favorite resting spots. If his was taken he'd just find another nearby. He would tolerate so much, especially toward the end when I was
George.jpg
forcing medicine or food down him. As I said, George was one special cat. I hope everyone here who finds a cat like this will appreciate how blessed they are. I was, for sure. Thank you for letting me vent.

furrypurry

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry. He is a beautiful boy. I can commiserate with you, as I had to let my Jaspurr go on July 1. The grief just comes in waves. One moment I think I’m OK and the next I’m almost a crumpled mess on the floor. I do have his brother, Purrcy, still here so that is a big help. You found a wonderful site when you found TCS. Very kind and supportive people here. I wish you peace. I’ve been through this before and know that time is the only thing that makes it better. Of course it never goes away, and you wouldn’t want it to, because the love you shared is forever.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Artscats

Georgie Boy
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry. He is a beautiful boy. I can commiserate with you, as I had to let my Jaspurr go on July 1. The grief just comes in waves. One moment I think I’m OK and the next I’m almost a crumpled mess on the floor. I do have his brother, Purrcy, still here so that is a big help. You found a wonderful site when you found TCS. Very kind and supportive people here. I wish you peace. I’ve been through this before and know that time is the only thing that makes it better. Of course it never goes away, and you wouldn’t want it to, because the love you shared is forever.
You've been there also. Thank you

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im sorry about George.

You two had a special bond and you changed his life. He probably knew that you cared for him and would look after him. That is why he made the 3 month trip back to you.

You guys shared 14 great years. 14 years of comfort and love. Try to focus on the positive times. You have been thru this before and will cope. But its tough. Most of us here have lost our beloved cats. We undrstunderstand your pain.

Your George looked VERY much like my boys, see their pic to the left.

Sorry. It will get better.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am in the toronto area. You are probably nowhere near me. But if you are and would like to visit my boys, it might give you comfort. From the picture of George on the ladder, my guys seem to look almost identical. They are similarily built, very large and strong at 20 and 22 lbs. It even sounds like our cats shared similar gentle personalities. Loosing your buddy sucks.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
George was such a gorgeous guy - inside and out, it seems. I'm very sorry for your loss, but I'm happy to hear that you are able to remember and relay to us the beautiful parts of his life with you.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
What a wonderful story this is, and I'm sorry but what a jackass the bosses son was too! But you two overcame him and the odds, and lived a wonderful life together. It sounds like he was just so happy to be in a forever home that he let a lot of things go that would have bothered other cats, he knew how good he had it and was very happy and content letting others in front of him, what a sweet boy he was.

I am so sorry that you lost your friend. We also use an animal communicator and she has been a great help, so I believe in yours too.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

Artscats

Georgie Boy
Young Cat
Purraise
I am in the toronto area. You are probably nowhere near me. But if you are and would like to visit my boys, it might give you comfort. From the picture of George on the ladder, my guys seem to look almost identical. They are similarily built, very large and strong at 20 and 22 lbs. It even sounds like our cats shared similar gentle personalities. Loosing your buddy sucks.
Wow! They do look like him. Any idea what breed or mix?

Artscats

Georgie Boy
Young Cat
Purraise
What a wonderful story this is, and I'm sorry but what a jackass the bosses son was too! But you two overcame him and the odds, and lived a wonderful life together. It sounds like he was just so happy to be in a forever home that he let a lot of things go that would have bothered other cats, he knew how good he had it and was very happy and content letting others in front of him, what a sweet boy he was.

I am so sorry that you lost your friend. We also use an animal communicator and she has been a great help, so I believe in yours too.

I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:
Thank you, I'm in Central California so I couldn't visit but thanks for the picture.

Artscats

Georgie Boy
Young Cat
Purraise

When it just happens, to me the hardest part is expecting to see him when you come home. Expecting to look at one of his favorite places and he's not there. Losing 14 years of companionship takes a long time to heal. I know. And everyone's kind and supportive words help, a lot, thank you all.

Artscats

Georgie Boy
Young Cat
Purraise
George was such a gorgeous guy - inside and out, it seems. I'm very sorry for your loss, but I'm happy to hear that you are able to remember and relay to us the beautiful parts of his life with you.
I came across a quote from Charles Dickens, the famous author:
"What greater gift, than the love of a cat"
I think that says it all.

Artscats

Georgie Boy
Young Cat
Purraise
Your cats look just like 2 of George's friends who passed on a few years ago. Here they are watching tv and doing the ladder thing again.
cat sitter 2 002 (2).jpg
PICT0002 (2).JPG

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Your cats look just like 2 of George's friends who passed on a few years ago. Here they are watching tv and doing the ladder thing again.View attachment 240577 View attachment 240580
Wow! George's friends do look just like my Mog and Lucy! Mog is the black and white, and Lucy is the tortie. It looks like they had some great times hanging out together, especially on that ladder. Makes me think I should get one for my cats, too!

Artscats

Georgie Boy
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow! George's friends do look just like my Mog and Lucy! Mog is the black and white, and Lucy is the tortie. It looks like they had some great times hanging out together, especially on that ladder. Makes me think I should get one for my cats, too!
I think all cats wish they we're birds, why they like to climb high.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I, too, believe we have 'contracts' to meet and love who we do. And once in a while we meet a 'soulmate' who is so much more special and close that it defies description. We have the capability of loving so many, in so many different ways. Each and every one adds to our soul's foundation, each and every one is unique and priceless. You and George were meant to be, were meant to love and bring each other happiness and joy. Let those 14 years of precious memories bring you comfort while he is away, for one day your paths will cross once more and you will once again be reunited by love. The new path he follows will forever parallel your own, he will never be far from your heart. Let his love bloom in the sunshine, use his legacy to further your love towards others who so desperately need someone. It would honor his name and make him proud. You gave him everything he ever wanted because you gave him love. He is at peace, he will always return that love when you need it.
My thoughts and prayers are with you, I wish I could take away the pain. Our pain is as deep as our love, so it can hurt for a long time, but time is all we have, and time will heal even a broken heart.Take care.....RIP Georgie Boy. You will forever have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Artscats

Georgie Boy
Young Cat
Purraise
I, too, believe we have 'contracts' to meet and love who we do. And once in a while we meet a 'soulmate' who is so much more special and close that it defies description. We have the capability of loving so many, in so many different ways. Each and every one adds to our soul's foundation, each and every one is unique and priceless. You and George were meant to be, were meant to love and bring each other happiness and joy. Let those 14 years of precious memories bring you comfort while he is away, for one day your paths will cross once more and you will once again be reunited by love. The new path he follows will forever parallel your own, he will never be far from your heart. Let his love bloom in the sunshine, use his legacy to further your love towards others who so desperately need someone. It would honor his name and make him proud. You gave him everything he ever wanted because you gave him love. He is at peace, he will always return that love when you need it.
My thoughts and prayers are with you, I wish I could take away the pain. Our pain is as deep as our love, so it can hurt for a long time, but time is all we have, and time will heal even a broken heart.Take care.....RIP Georgie Boy. You will forever have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!
Thank you everyone so much for the kind words and thoughts. You all know what a hard journey this is. And the only way to know is to have walked it before. And even though your loss may not have happened yesterday, your pain is as real as mine and I wish healing for you too.
Something occurred to me last night, which helps me understand why this may have happened a little more. George's best friend Francesca, a tiny torti female, that was 16 years old and the family baby, died just a few months ago, in May. I know he was grieving for her. I saw it in him and other animals that have lost their mates. And I think most knowledgeable Veterinarians will agree that animal depression is real. To me, this proves that animals can love just like we do. If they didn't, they wouldn't be depressed. And depression can weaken our physical body's fight against disease. George tried for a long time but eventually the disease overcame him. I also think that at a deeper level animals and humans pick their time to go. My Mother was a very religious woman and passed away on Good Friday. Years later, 2 of the cats she loved each passed away on separate Good Fridays. After events like these, I believe less and less in coincidence and more and more in our spirit's ability to plan our departure from this world. Perhaps, like me, that thought will help you soften the pain. Depending on how our pets decide to leave, this may seem tough to accept but give it some thought. When I look around and don't see George in his favorite places and the pain overwhelms me, I try and think that he missed his friends and needed to move on rather than suffer any more. We all want the best for those we love.

Artscats

Georgie Boy
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone so much for the kind words and thoughts. You all know what a hard journey this is. And the only way to know is to have walked it before. And even though your loss may not have happened yesterday, your pain is as real as mine and I wish healing for you too.
Something occurred to me last night, which helps me understand why this may have happened a little more. George's best friend Francesca, a tiny torti female, that was 16 years old and the family baby, died just a few months ago, in May. I know he was grieving for her. I saw it in him and other animals that have lost their mates. And I think most knowledgeable Veterinarians will agree that animal depression is real. To me, this proves that animals can love just like we do. If they didn't, they wouldn't be depressed. And depression can weaken our physical body's fight against disease. George tried for a long time but eventually the disease overcame him. I also think that at a deeper level animals and humans pick their time to go. My Mother was a very religious woman and passed away on Good Friday. Years later, 2 of the cats she loved each passed away on separate Good Fridays. After events like these, I believe less and less in coincidence and more and more in our spirit's ability to plan our departure from this world. Perhaps, like me, that thought will help you soften the pain. Depending on how our pets decide to leave, this may seem tough to accept but give it some thought. When I look around and don't see George in his favorite places and the pain overwhelms me, I try and think that he missed his friends and needed to move on rather than suffer any more. We all want the best for those we love.
One thing I forgot to mention about grieving. I buried Francesca in a flower bed in the backyard, a place where George never hung out. That afternoon he sat right in front of the grave and just stared for over 1/2 hr. Over the next 2 months I saw him sitting on her grave about 6 different times. Just quietly meditating(or kittytating as I call it). He wouldn't go to that flower bed for any other reason. The day before he died he sat on her grave. We may not be able to see it or hear it but that cat was connecting with his lost friend.