We Had A Contract

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Artscats

Georgie Boy
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry for writing again. But every time I get overwhelmed by my loss I feel the need to share it. Please bare with me. Over the last 2 days I read a lot of threads here about losing our best friends and the support and words are truly from the heart. But one thing I can't seem to understand is how best to try and control our conscious thoughts. Many say to try not to think of the last few days of sickness which obviously would sadden us. But instead to think of the earlier, happier times when our cats we're in their prime. Yet, those happier times are what we've lost and miss the most. And that makes me cry. It just seems which ever way you go sadness is there. You'd think after all these years and many losses I would have a plan. But I don't.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, George, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

SIGH..what a remarkable story, that of you and George. Yes, I believe that you had a contract to meet. Which means that you will meet again. Love never dies, you know. It changes form and continues on, still Love. Love abides. George has put off his heavy coat of flesh that no longer could support his gentle heart and sweet spirit. Now, he dances on starlight, ever near you, waiting patiently for that day when, in the fullness of time, you, too, will put off your coat of flesh and dance with him (and all the others you have lost) in joyous reunion. Or perhaps he will decide to don another coat and meet you again in this life. Regardless, he is with you still, and will always be.

Artscats

Georgie Boy
Young Cat
Purraise
Rest you gentle, George, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

SIGH..what a remarkable story, that of you and George. Yes, I believe that you had a contract to meet. Which means that you will meet again. Love never dies, you know. It changes form and continues on, still Love. Love abides. George has put off his heavy coat of flesh that no longer could support his gentle heart and sweet spirit. Now, he dances on starlight, ever near you, waiting patiently for that day when, in the fullness of time, you, too, will put off your coat of flesh and dance with him (and all the others you have lost) in joyous reunion. Or perhaps he will decide to don another coat and meet you again in this life. Regardless, he is with you still, and will always be.
Thank you

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Yet, those happier times are what we've lost and miss the most. And that makes me cry. It just seems which ever way you go sadness is there. You'd think after all these years and many losses I would have a plan. But I don't
Cry. You are supposed to cry, it helps to wash all the pain and loss away. Just let the tears flow and takes some deep breaths. Don't try to hold anything back, it's far better to get everything out.

George was a wonderful, special guy. He deserved to be loved by you, but also to be missed now that he is gone.

I had a cat called George once and he was the most special cat ever. He's been gone more than five years now, but I still think of him every day. But in spite of all the sadness I feel about losing him I wouldn't give up any of it, if that would have meant never meeting George.

We were both really lucky to have known out lovely boys.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Artscats

Georgie Boy
Young Cat
Purraise
Cry. You are supposed to cry, it helps to wash all the pain and loss away. Just let the tears flow and takes some deep breaths. Don't try to hold anything back, it's far better to get everything out.

George was a wonderful, special guy. He deserved to be loved by you, but also to be missed now that he is gone.

I had a cat called George once and he was the most special cat ever. He's been gone more than five years now, but I still think of him every day. But in spite of all the sadness I feel about losing him I wouldn't give up any of it, if that would have meant never meeting George.

We were both really lucky to have known out lovely boys.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:
You're right, absolutely right. If I had a choice I would have accepted this horrible pain just to have met him and loved him for 14 years. The tears are flowing as I type this and they probably will many times. But he was worth it. Thank you.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He was definitely worth it. Your pain is as deep as your love, so it hurts beyond imagination, and control. Embrace those feelings and then let them go. His love will be with you always, and his world will always be as near as your thoughts and memories. Let him feel your love and the thankfulness you have for sharing your journey with him for a while. Let him rejoice in your joys in living, not cry along with you because of pain. He would never want that for you.
Memories are bittersweet, happiness and sadness for the loss to your world. He is with Francesca now, his pain is over and he is at peace, secure in knowing he will always be remembered and loved. Death cannot take what never dies, your love for each other.

Artscats

Georgie Boy
Young Cat
Purraise
He was definitely worth it. Your pain is as deep as your love, so it hurts beyond imagination, and control. Embrace those feelings and then let them go. His love will be with you always, and his world will always be as near as your thoughts and memories. Let him feel your love and the thankfulness you have for sharing your journey with him for a while. Let him rejoice in your joys in living, not cry along with you because of pain. He would never want that for you.
Memories are bittersweet, happiness and sadness for the loss to your world. He is with Francesca now, his pain is over and he is at peace, secure in knowing he will always be remembered and loved. Death cannot take what never dies, your love for each other.
Thank you for these heart felt words. You write what you feel and you do it so well. As my body has started to dry up from all the tears of the last 3 days I can slowly picture George playing with Francesca, and Molly and Tootie and Froggy, all the friends that he lost over the years. I hope they had a big party for him - the bravest and sweetest cat I've ever ever known.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It brings a tear to my eye to think of sweet George, the gentle giant, mourning his tiny tortie friend. As you said, Francesca looks quite a lot like my Lucy, who is also tiny and "the baby" of the household. You are so right that animals are capable of feeling and loving as deeply as it is possible to do. Please, anytime you think of George's impact on your life, or those around him, feel free to share and keep writing.

Artscats

Georgie Boy
Young Cat
Purraise
It brings a tear to my eye to think of sweet George, the gentle giant, mourning his tiny tortie friend. As you said, Francesca looks quite a lot like my Lucy, who is also tiny and "the baby" of the household. You are so right that animals are capable of feeling and loving as deeply as it is possible to do. Please, anytime you think of George's impact on your life, or those around him, feel free to share and keep writing.
Thank you, I will.