We Are Finally Getting A Bengal!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MamaOf4Boys

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He's absolutely gorgeous, best of luck! :goodluck: We'll be looking forward to more pics of Odin soon.
Thank you so much!! I'll be sure to upload the pics as he grows

Oh look at that face !
Precious !
He is the cutest thing!! :) His little face just melts my heart! He is absolutely perfect in every way.

MamaOf4Boys

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just have one question... He's not covering up his poop when he goes in the litter box. He's going in there by himself and digs first but doesn't cover it up afterwards. I've showed him how to dig and I've took his front paws and helped show him how to cover it up but it doesn't seem to be sticking.. it is only day 3 with him but I just want to know if there's anything I can do to help teach him to cover it up afterwards. Thx everyone!!!

MamaOf4Boys

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How many weeks is he? He looks very young. Possibly too young to have been sold.
He is just over 8 weeks. Not too young to be sold. I know some breeders do rehoming at 12 weeks but I know plenty who have done it at 8 weeks and never had an issue.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*looks at my 14 week old baby boy and still thinks he is to young to be seperated from his brother & sister.* ...... to be fair he was a foster baby so he will always be my baby. Plus his brother is leaving tomorrow for his new home. I know he is going to miss him.

Since he is so young , if you have an office at work I would take him to work with me (giving him his own litter box and food..... if my boss allowed it.) Just for one month. Also it might be worth looking into a heated cat bed, a knitted binkie or a fake suede binkie. He is adorable but still a baby. You can't give him back now so might as well make the best of it. The problem is by the time they are most defiantly ready to go (4-5 months) most people won't adopt them because they are not babies. If you didn't take him at 8 weeks then the breeder would have sold him to someone else. It just means you will have to love on him extra.
Please take extra pictures, he is a cutie pie :)

MamaOf4Boys

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Since he is so young , if you have an office at work I would take him to work with me (giving him his own litter box and food..... if my boss allowed it.) Just for one month. Also it might be worth looking into a heated cat bed, a knitted binkie or a fake suede binkie. He is adorable but still a baby. You can't give him back now so might as well make the best of it. The problem is by the time they are most defiantly ready to go (4-5 months) most people won't adopt them because they are not babies. If you didn't take him at 8 weeks then the breeder would have sold him to someone else. It just means you will have to love on him extra.
Please take extra pictures, he is a cutie pie :)
I actually work from home so he won't be left alone for more than an hour or two here or there if we had to go and do errands or go out for whatever reason. Loving on him extra won't be an issue hehe - he's a huge cuddle bug. Has his playful moments of course but if we're sitting down relaxing, he can always be found sleeping on mine or my husband's shoulders or one of our laps hehe. Even when we go to bed at night, he sleeps curled up under one of our chins lol.
Here's another couple pics of Odin :lovecat3: 20181227_111703.jpg 20181226_221359.jpg 20181226_150643.jpg

Tillybug

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
C513C48B-A80D-486A-996E-EE40FF85C1AD.jpeg
359C1221-9BC8-4645-A381-DFE26CE48E81.jpeg
72A4D980-AAD8-4D36-84E1-EACC15966518.jpeg
I have 2 Bengals. Luna is 4 and Dave is 9 months.

I wish little Odin had more time with his littermates and momma too. 12 weeks is really best and also what TICA recommends. Hopefully he learned enough to be the perfect housecat. Is he TICA registered?

My 4yr old I got off a family when their kids caused her anxiety. She does tend to have this streak in her which is why I got the kitten last June. They were instant besties. These were my first cats. I read a lot about people that have behaviour issues but mine are both perfect housecats.

My house resembles a cat jungle. I have 5 trees of various heights, shelves and a Ferris cat wheel. My cats have never destroyed any of my stuff.

I feed the kitten raw and my 4yr is will only eat FF.

I keep my litter boxes extremely clean and use wheat litter. I’ve never had issues with them going outside their boxes.

The 4yr old is leash trained. She loves going for adventures. Little Dave is not interested (yet!).

I also have a catio for them.

I think the key with these cats is to feed them well, keep their litter spotless and keep them entertained. If they get bored you will know it.

Neither of mine are very vocal, but I know I’m lucky.

Luna is SBT and Dave is F4. Dave is very wild/exotic looking. Luna is the most cuddly, affectionate cat ever.

MamaOf4Boys

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
View attachment 268444 View attachment 268443 View attachment 268442 I have 2 Bengals. Luna is 4 and Dave is 9 months.

I wish little Odin had more time with his littermates and momma too. 12 weeks is really best and also what TICA recommends. Hopefully he learned enough to be the perfect housecat. Is he TICA registered?

My 4yr old I got off a family when their kids caused her anxiety. She does tend to have this streak in her which is why I got the kitten last June. They were instant besties. These were my first cats. I read a lot about people that have behaviour issues but mine are both perfect housecats.

My house resembles a cat jungle. I have 5 trees of various heights, shelves and a Ferris cat wheel. My cats have never destroyed any of my stuff.

I feed the kitten raw and my 4yr is will only eat FF.

I keep my litter boxes extremely clean and use wheat litter. I’ve never had issues with them going outside their boxes.

The 4yr old is leash trained. She loves going for adventures. Little Dave is not interested (yet!).

I also have a catio for them.

I think the key with these cats is to feed them well, keep their litter spotless and keep them entertained. If they get bored you will know it.

Neither of mine are very vocal, but I know I’m lucky.

Luna is SBT and Dave is F4. Dave is very wild/exotic looking. Luna is the most cuddly, affectionate cat ever.
No he isn't TICA registered but both parents were. We could of got him registered for an extra fee but I just didn't feel the need. He's perfect without it! And with knowing both parents are registered, I know he's a purebred (even if he was a mix I'd love him just the same of course but one of the reasons we chose a Bengal was for their hypoallergenic qualities). He is an SBT. So far, he is the sweetest most loving kitten I have ever met. He is more playful than kittens I've had or seen before of course but we have 4 kids so that's not an issue. He absolutely LOVES my kids, even my toddler (3.5 yrs). He's always following them around the house and wanting to play. He has lots of trees, scratching posts and toys. We use clumping litter as that's the only kind that works with our litter box but so far I haven't had any issues. The only thing that he does that is kind of odd to me is not covering his poop lol. But I've been taking his front paws and showing him how and he seems to be getting the hang of it.
All in all, we are extremely happy with him and are happy we chose the Bengal breed. He is all around an amazing kitten and we can't wait for all the adventures with him to come!!
Here's another pic of sleepy head! Hehe he fell asleep on his toy after playing.
15460188300693798440358086275105.jpg
15460188707071872142844422565189.jpg