We Are Finally Getting A Bengal!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MamaOf4Boys

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have to say, I'd be happier if he were two weeks older, but I can also say that he's found a loving, caring home, with plenty of attention. THAT is worth more than an extra two weeks followed by a more indiffernt home. He's a doll baby.
Thank you! It means alot to hear you say that. He truly is our baby and we give him loving and snuggles as much as possible. He has already found a way deep into our hearts after not even a week lol to be honest I think we all fell in love with him before he was even here (we were communicating back and forth with the breeder from 3 weeks of age). He is the most amazing kitten/cat I have ever had the pleasure of knowing!! :redheartpump:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yup, he's super cute. :catlove:

Since he was adopted out so young, he didn't have much time for his mama and siblings to teach him cat etiquette, so that is going to be your job. ;) So here's an article from the Humane Society that you might want to read.
Teach your kitten how to play nice

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yep, you are going to have to help him learn how to cat. But you can. The best way I, personally, have found to admonish a kitten is to hiss at them. Short, sharp, and loud. A hiss is Universal Cattish for "STOP THAT RIGHT NOW!" and they are born knowing it.

Wile

Opener of cans
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It is very exciting Odin is home! I know others have mentioned concerns about him being so young away from his mother. I know it isn't ideal, but given that you have another youngish cat I think he will be ok. Your other Siamese should be able to teach him how to behave like a proper cat.

One other thing: it is a myth that Bengals are hypoallergenic. Some breeders advertise them that way, but every person with cat allergies in my life reacts just as strongly to my Bengals (if not more so) as they do other cats.

Enjoy! He's such a cutie!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MamaOf4Boys

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here are some more pictures everyone. Update; he is doing absolutely amazing. Eating, sleeping, using the litter box and playing well. He is the cuddliest most affectionate kitten I've had the pleasure of knowing. He always needs to be near one of us, he even follows my kids around if he can't find me or my husband. It's very cute. Even follows us into the bathroom and meows if we don't let him in hehe. Overall he is the best gift we could have asked for and we are so so grateful for our new family member. He has already brightened up some tough days. Him and our Siamese are complete buddies, it's so sweet. Always cleaning each other and playing. I love watching them together! Overall everything is going absolutely amazing here with Odin and we are over the moon happy!!
20181231_125838.jpg
20181231_121727.jpg
IMG_20181229_025358_463.jpg