Vomit Only After Waking From A Nap

deamwilliams

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello there, I'm the proud owner of a long-haired seal point named Pancake (Hey, I was 12 when I named him!).  He's 15 years old and has been in good health the entire time, with only a few mishaps along the way.  Lately, he's been throwing up after he wakes up from a nap.... no food is coming up, just dry heaving or small amounts of liquid.  It has become more frequent over the past few months, but again, is only after he wakes up.  Any ideas?  He eats 90% wet food.... brands which range from Best Feline Friend to Blue.  He shows no sign of discomfort or pain, and is still his usual self.  Thank you!

Here's a recent photo of him:

violet

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At age 15 this could be anything. A food intolerance issue or something more serious. Please, take him in for complete blood work and an abdominal X-ray to start with.

What exactly are you feeding, including treats? (Is he getting any fish based foods?)

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Also, how often are you feeding? My cat does this if she goes too long without eating from stomach acid buildup.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

deamwilliams

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He does sometimes have fish based foods in the BFF brand.  He's fed once in the morning, once at night, and I leave dry food in his bowl while I'm at work.  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

deamwilliams

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Maybe it is acid build up, because he doesn't touch much of the dry food!  But I were to leave wet food in his bowl while I'm at work, he won't touch it.  He's very used to his schedule.  I'll observe this and see if that's it.  Thank you! (: