Update On Lily!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
More poop this evening! But...it was kinda soft, tinged with fresh blood.. Of course I freaked out, but I calmed down and of course googled it. Constipation was one of the first "causes", and I'd posted earlier how she had a BIG poop this morning, I mean BIG and thick so might of upset things in there. Plus yesterday I introduced the vets best hairball medicine, which contains slippery elm. Of course I'll watch it VERY closely for the next few days. Normal day today, she seems happier and less irritable. I'm still on the fence about impulse buying a TON of food. I looked at Petco, and was thinking about ordering some Soulistic tuna & duck by the box, but the shipping is so expensive! Plus if we really go into lock down/quarratine would stuff still be shipped normal? Maybe tomorrow before work, I'll stop by the Petco by work and get as much as I can of Soulistic, and some whole hearted tuna & Sardine, just to ease my mind some.
She drank good tonight, she got in her shower and drank a good amount, and ate/licked her dinner pretty good too.

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hmm. More poop this evening, so sometime this afternoon she did it. I couldn't tell if there was blood in it or not bc it had been awhile and was buried well this time. I'm starting to think mixing the vets best with the slippery elm may have been too much for her, along with the pumpkin/egg mix and gave her the runs. Soo gonna scale back a bit, let her be for a few days, and then go back to pumpkin and egg mixture, and if I use the vets best, not gonna mix it with pumpkin and egg. Trial and error I guess, but just sucks when you have an error. Poor girl. I thought her anal sacs looked really inflamed too, but when she got up on the washing machine for her shower, I looked closer and its just poop clung to her hair. I tried a warm washcloth to get it off but didnt get very far with that. Yuck!
I stopped by Petco on my way to work and they had low stock of food but I managed to get 7 soulistic tuna and duck and like 4 weruva tuna and duck. I'll decide in the next few days if ordering online is something I need to do.

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom Yes, I think I'm gonna have to do that, despite it making her REALLY mad. Maybe I'll get mom to hold her still and I'll snip off the gross fur. Tummy seems settled today no soft poop or any poop. But she did go quite a bit the last few days. So Tuesday probably go back to pumpkin and egg, just watching and observing at this point.
Well I'll update again soon! :redheartpump::sunshine:

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good Morning! She pooped! Without pumpkin, egg or slippery elm! And it was formed and a decent size. So maybe the vets best worked too well and just cleaned her out a whole lot. Still watching, I'll decide when we go back to pumpkin and egg in a few days. Maybe once in a blue moon the vets best when she gets real blocked up? So many questions! She had no interest in tuna and sardine this morning so I gave her friskies extra gravy and she licked up the gravy. Its chilly this morning but maybe later today I'll kick her out the front door and we will walk around together.
I'm gonna go shopping today. Wish me luck! I'm gonna see if other petcos in other areas have a decent stock of soulistic, petsmart for another bag of crave, try and find some cat litter. And some pea milk for my coffee, and milk for my Dad and for when I have cereal. I'm not gonna let the cats suffer from all this madness going on.

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
:wave3:
Hii. It had been just about 3 days since I saw anything, so this morning before work, I gave her some pumpkin mixed with the vets best stuff. Man Slippery elm works! A little too well! She had a soft but big one a little while ago. I think I"ll only use the vets best when shes really blocked, and stick to pumpkin and egg mixture as a regular thing. Still more hair balls. I've been brushing her every chance she will let me, and I get globs off, even with the zoom groom or really any brush but there is SO much coming off right now Its nearly impossible to get ahead of the game.
I think tomorrow we will go for a walk around the house, maybe even venture towards the woods, its supposed to be near 80 degrees tomorrow! Maybe I'll even get some pictures of her doing her exploring!

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I didn't realize its been so long since a Lily update! We've had a rough week or so. Pretty blocked up and the Vets best with the pumpkin didn't seem to be working. I gave her some miralax a few days ago, and finally got a good poop out of her. So I've switched back to pumpkin and the vets best, every other day, and going to alternate it with the ez egg yolk. My poor girl, we're in shedding season, and she has sooo much hair I can't keep up with it, no matter how often I brush her. I heard her hacking last night and found a little hair ball on my carpet so I'm sure tons more in her tummy. If the danged weather would cooperate I'd get her out more and walking but its been so chilly, sometimes rainy and cloudy. I think we're supposed to warm up in the next few days? Hopefully. Not like I don't have time! I'm no longer working :( And you probably already know why, same reason a lot of us are not working. Anyway I'll update more now that I have a lot of free time and hopefully they will be good updates, and pictures of her & Zoe out doing stuff.

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
"Aren't you supposed to be going to work, or wherever you go every day " I'm sure that's what Lily is thinking! :lol: yesterday I kicked her out the front door 3 times to walk from the front to the back. She had a good poop this morning! And a good one 3 days ago. Instead of her regular hairball regime yesterday I gave her 6 gnc hairball treats throughout the day. Tomorrow we will do the pumpkin and vets best, then back to pumpkin and egg yolk and lecithin. She licked her breakfast good this morning, since she refused the normal tuna and sardine, I gave her friskies and extra gravy. And she drank from her shower pretty good. And once I get my contacts in and I wake up more, out we will go again this morning. I want to get her into the woods but I'm scared of stepping on snakes. Ever since my encounter last September we haven't ventured far since:(
*edit* just now we went out and she ventured on her own to the side of the house/woods, good job Lily!
20200406_094600.jpg

And of course lil miss Zoe
20200406_094523.jpg

Last edited:

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good morning!
The last two days have been sad little chunks, since the last time I posted about her good poop 4 days ago. So she's getting pumpkin-egg-lecithin, and vets best mixed into one "tasty" concoction. Hopefully won't work too well like it did the first time but the girls blocked up again! So also, looks like my go to supplements, GNC are going away! I noticed low stock at petsmart and they had new stuff out a new brand. Then on chewy it says "temporary unavailable " not cool! These are good supplements! I use the hairball, glucosamine, and the multi vitamin and now they are probably gone now. Ugh!
Oh, I also got Zoe's prescription filled for revolution, ordered from chewy. 6 months worth. And since lily is right at 15 lbs, I'll just split it between them instead of filling Lily's where hers was the I think 17-25 lbs. I never liked that the vet gave her such a high dose in the first place. Hopefully the script goes through and is approved bc Lily isn't scratching yet but Zoe is.
Yesterday we only got one lap from front door to the back, hopefully today she will be more willing to walk out there more.

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
20200411_084827.jpg

Good morning! Lily just waiting for her "treat" (it was really a hair ball supplement, but shh). No good news yet. Small hard balls again this morning, despite her pumpkin/vets best/egg lecithin yesterday. If I don't get a good one today/morning we're going to have to do miralax. I don't like miralax since it doesn't help with hairballs, but she's got to be blocked up. At least I don't freak out anymore, as long as we're getting something out, I know she will be OK. If it were days without any balls, and no output, then I'd be worrying and try to figure out the vet. So yeah switching it up this morning with the hairball treats instead of her concoction. It makes me sad that after this bag of them I probably can't get them anymore, because I'm pretty sure they've been discontinued.
We only got one walk from the front of the house to the back yesterday, hopefully today if it warms up, we will do more. Its just so chilly! Oh, yesterday when we were outside someone was walking by and said "wow what a big kitty" yes she's a big girl.

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good Morning!
Furballsmom Furballsmom I've tried hairball gels before, and just like everything else with her, it does NOT go down well, she won't willingly lick the stuff, and I already stuff enough stuff in her mouth as is. I guess I'm gonna look @ chewy, and see what petsmart has now, and compare the ingredients to the GNC supplements. Hopefully I'll be able to find a chicken flavor, that contains flaxseed/psysillium husk. Same for her glucosamine treats.
So no good news, AGAIN. So miralax she got this morning. I tried mixing it with Fancy feast kitten pate, but it was too messy and couldn't get it in her mouth very well, so I mixed it with pumpkin and water. Hopefully she got enough. We did make a FULL lap around the house though, from the front door, around the house, back to the front door. So I was happy about that. I know with miralax, she's gotta get extra water in her. So I'll try and coax her into the shower a few times today, and I think if she's in the mood, I'll make myself a tuna sandwich and offer her the tuna water from it.
We obviously haven't gotten to the root of all this, with the hair balls, and constipation. She'll be good for a few days, then bam, back at square one. :( She just has too much hair. I brush and brush and she just sheds and sheds. and can't trim or brush her stomach where she really needs it done. I've had mom hold her before and I've cut off hair, but she only tolerates it for like a second and then starts fighting.
Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys their Easter, and can forget for a little bit all the troubles going on right now ♥

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Small sigh of relief tonight. She finally went. Not great, still real hard and kinda clumpy and bally, but its a start. And I know miralax usually takes 1-3 days. She did drink the tuna water i offered her earlier, and then went for a shower. I wonder if miralax makes them thirsty? And she ate pretty good tonight. I'll update again sometime tomorrow :)