Update On Lily!

amandag1

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, it looks like shes back to every third pooping, which was her norm before. Just a few clumps today. So, I its been awhile since shes had any lecithin so she got a few finger fulls of pumpkin and lecithin mixed together, followed by a hairball treat. Since we're about to enter true shedding season I think I'll give her hair ball treats every day, and the lecithin and pumpkin about twice a week and see how that goes. Hopefully wont have to go back to miralax. We walked around outside for a bit, I was proud of her. She walked along some fallen trees and went into the woods and walked around a little, and then ran as fast as she could towards me so yaye exercise! Here is her today. We haven't taken our walks in a long time. I wish Mom would try harder with her outside. I feel like shes more inclined to "do cat stuff " if someone is there with her, maybe she feels safer if she knows me and Mom are close.View attachment 321064and cant leave Zoe out!View attachment 321065
wow beautiful both of them!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure if Dr. Elsey's is a winner or not. I got Zoe to try it, she ate it pretty good, then went back to her Crave. I tried to get Lily to try it, I gave her a few pieces, and she had a hard time getting it in her mouth, maybe because it was on the rug, but she was trying to pick it up and couldn't pick it up? Or maybe its too small? But she's had smaller morsels before, so, I don't know...
Anyway. No new poop news. Yesterday there were some balls again, or maybe this morning? I found a few balls so before work I gave her some pumpkin and lecithin. Hopefully everything will get moving right again, or I'll have to resort to miralax. (not even sure if that worked before)
She's been kinda grouchy today, I think because for the last two days, the weathers been pretty crappy. Yesterday was down pours pretty much all day, and today, strong winds. Which means, Zoe has been inside, with her, bored out of her gourd. So guess what Zoe's been doing to occupy herself? jumping on, pouncing, and stalking Lily. And disturbing her peace by running around the house like a banshee.

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We got poops! :poop:two logs. One kinda alarmed me, it was very long and thin, so of course I googled it. One website says most likely because of a growth or cancer, the other said it can be because of constipation, straining. We will go with that, because, well, duh, we know she's been constipated. Second log was a winner, a nice shapely sausage. All these different shapes, I don't care, its POOP! She got more pumpkin and lecithin this morning, and Mom said she and Zoe both ate well their tuna & Sardine wet food. Lily does NOT like the Dr. Elsey's, at all. I've placed it front of her while she was eating crave, and she straight walked away. I noticed Zoe eating it when she came in, so its not a complete loss. I just wish they both liked it, a lot. But no, gotta love the Crave.
She walked around the house twice today, she slipped out through the garage when we got home from grocery shopping, and made her way around the back, then I let her out the front about two hours ago, and she walked around the house again.

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No good news here :(. I'm actually confused. I found some REALLY hard balls, uncovered in the box. I don't know why she'd be super constipated again, we JUST had real good poop on Saturday, unless this is some old poop that was way up in her? I don't even know. I'm debating on trying some pumpkin and egg yolk, instead of lecithin, either tonight or in the morning. Since egg yolk is supposed to be more so a laxative.
I wiped her eye good with the borox solution, (nutrivet eye solution), it was still very teary. Man I hope that clears up soon, I really don't want to drag her to the vet. "Hi, I need to bring Lily in, for her eye, and oh, can we finally address her ongoing constipation issues, that you just blame on her being fat" Plus the money. I'm not working a lot of hours and really can't keep shelling out this money nearly every month.
Well hopefully I'll have much better news next time I post. Tonight I'm just blah, and frustrated.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't have any great ideas, except maybe to stay the course with the lecithin but I don't know. Maybe more exercise, though.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Are you being consistent in trying to treat her constipation? I think you need to stick with a plan, be that pumpkin/egg yolk, then egg lecithin, and whatever else - trade off with Miralax, and any/all of the other things you have had success with. It may have been mentioned before, but have you started a log/diary/journal about what you are giving her each day for constipation? Chart it and then make notes about the 'results'. There is a pattern/rhythm that will work, you just need to analyze the crap out of it (no pun intended!!) to find the right combination. It is there somewhere, given you have had good results off and on!!

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good idea, I need to be more consistent, and pay more attention to when, and what I'm giving her. She's in her "shower" right now, so more water for her, yaye. I dragged her in there, stuck her on the washing machine, and brushed her for a little while, got a lot of hair off her back, then wiped her back with a wash cloth, and now she's getting a drink. She ate her dinner pretty well, I'll leave her alone with the pumpkin mix tonight, since I've already annoyed her with the eye stuff, then the shower. I'll wipe her eye down again before I go to bed and hopefully it'll look better very soon.

WMM201

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If the eye is weepy, it may require antibiotics to clear up. If she starts to hold it shut, then I would take her in to the vet. And FeebysOwner FeebysOwner is right about being consistent with the treatment. Because my cat has had constipation problems and is also doing a lot of biting and swallowing of her fur right now, she gets the miralax and the glandex (and pumpkin until I had to stop because of her burping) daily, period. It becomes a maintenance thing instead of treatment, but it has worked so far, according to my poop-tracking diary! Good luck with Lily's eye and poops.

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
All these responses are spot on. Your right, instead of just treating her constipation, I need to keep up a maintenance plan. Especially with shedding season upon us. I'm pretty sure pumpkin works for her, jury Is still out on the lecithin. Miralax I've only used a couple of times. Last year hair ball treats worked pretty well, but I had to give her alot through the day and there aren't alot in the package.
I would definitely rush to the vet if she was holding her eye closed. Right now its just very teary. I'll watch it for the rest of the week, and hopefully will clear up, and not turn to any green colors!

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok, so a little bit of good news, Lily's eye is looking a lot less watery right now, maybe it's cleared up?
I bought some stuff today, some waterless cat shampoo, GNC hairball waterless. I, personally like it so far. I got a few sprays on her, and brushed her, and a lot more hair came off. I got it to help with her dirty back end where she can't reach, near the base of her tail. She's not a fan of it, but I can't blame her, why's it got to have a scent? It's cherry almond. What cat wants to walk around smelling like cherry almond? Mom told me "stop pestering her" which she is right, anytime I've been home, I've been doing stuff to her. This morning, wiping her eye with the boric acid, to sticking pumpkin and egg yolk down her, then after I got home to sticking dinner in her mouth, then sitting there while she licks up the moisture, to dragging her to the shower for a drink, and then brushing her and using the spray stuff. She's probably pretty annoyed with me. But still rubbed up against me for a treat. <3 I just hope she knows, all these annoying things I'm doing to her, is for her benefit, because I want so much for her to feel good.

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We got a sad little ball this morning, so shortly after I got home from work I gave her some pumpkin and lecithin. She was not happy about having that stuff shoved down her throat today, she made it very clear today. I wish it came in a yummy treat, or she enjoyed eating pumpkin on her own. But she forgave me. Then walked a little on her own outside. Then I put some catnip/silvervine in a ball. Here is Lily with the ball, and below that is crazy little Zoe with it.
20200212_160923.jpg
20200212_160957.jpg

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Shes not the "playing type" so her exercise options are limited. She likes walking, but with it being winter, our walks are few far and between.
Shes doesn't sit in just one spot all day if that's what your thinking. Shes just a very lazy, grumpy cat. She has no trouble getting around. Can race up or down the stairs if need be.

WMM201

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When I get home from work, I lead my cat upstairs and play hide and seek with her around the bedroom and bathroom, and then I lead her downstairs. It gets her exercising a little, and I agree with Furballsmom Furballsmom that exercise is good to get the gut and bowels moving. It's the same for people, too!

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well no "super pooper" news. I got a few clumps on Sunday, and a few clumps today. Sunday she had a little miralax, today I gave her pumpkin and lecithin. I don't have to be to work till late today, so I've been focusing on her today. We got a lap around the house together, I tried getting her to go on our old "adventures in the woods" because its not so cold today, she wasn't having it, but at least we did walk around outside some. Then I got her to "attack a stick" for a few seconds, then Zoe made her mad because she saw Lily playing and wanted to join in too, and well you know thats so unacceptable! So Lily ran up the porch to come in, growling the whole way. :salute:
Then I got her in her shower, she got a drink, and I brushed her good, used a little bit of that strong smelling anti hairball spray on the brush, then wiped her down with a wet washcloth where she has a hard time reaching. And now shes laying around, grooming herself, probably ingesting a ton more of hair.