Unflattering Kitty Pictures!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I found it. Aye-aye = a rare nocturnal arboreal prosimian primate of Madagascar. It has long bony fingers and rodent-like incisor teeth. Not sure that January will appreciate :frown:
Oh, so everytime the sailor say Aye Aye Captain, they are referring the Captain as a nocturnal primate :flail:

Nah, January is better looking, don't you think so? :lol:

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Of course he is. In fact he is unique in the site.:lovecat2::redheartpump:

Mokapi was probably referring to his long limbs.
tabbytom tabbytom oh yes, I definitely wasn't meaning to compare him in a rude way/imply he is not a very handsome boy...I was really thinking about those HUGE eyes he has!! :lol:
Of course I know that :thumbsup: January has big eyes and big ears :lol: No worries :beerchug:

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On the subject of aye-eyes herewith a report from Google I found of interest probably because I didn't even know they existed:

Aye Ayes

Legends and Myths

Many of the Sakalava and Malagasy people of Madagascar believe that the aye aye is deadly. One myth claims that if an aye aye points its long, skeletal middle finger at you, you are cursed to death. Another describes how they sneak into villages at night and use their digit to stab sleeping locals in the aorta (Largest artery in the human body), and according to yet another, the sighting of an aye aye predicts the death of you or someone in your community. As a result of these beliefs, aye ayes, though protected by law, are often killed immediately if unfortunate enough to cross a human's path, and hung up so that the ‘bad spirit’ can be carried away by travelers. This unique primate is in fact so feared by so many islanders that it is thought its name originated from "heh heh,", which translates into the simple answer "I don't know." in Malagasy. This was probably a response to curious Europeans long ago to avoid saying the words that defined the so-called demon.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On the subject of aye-eyes herewith a report from Google I found of interest probably because I didn't even know they existed:

Aye Ayes

Legends and Myths

Many of the Sakalava and Malagasy people of Madagascar believe that the aye aye is deadly. One myth claims that if an aye aye points its long, skeletal middle finger at you, you are cursed to death. Another describes how they sneak into villages at night and use their digit to stab sleeping locals in the aorta (Largest artery in the human body), and according to yet another, the sighting of an aye aye predicts the death of you or someone in your community. As a result of these beliefs, aye ayes, though protected by law, are often killed immediately if unfortunate enough to cross a human's path, and hung up so that the ‘bad spirit’ can be carried away by travelers. This unique primate is in fact so feared by so many islanders that it is thought its name originated from "heh heh,", which translates into the simple answer "I don't know." in Malagasy. This was probably a response to curious Europeans long ago to avoid saying the words that defined the so-called demon.
Yes, it's sad. All cultures have superstitions and most of them are regrettable, like the one some western people have against black cats, who are my favorites of all, aesthetically!

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But once you accept the veracity of some superstitions how can you choose which supertitions you believe in and which you refuse, I wonder :headscratch:

There is one I respect, that is I will not walk under a ladder with a painter on it, not because I believe it is bad luck but because I fear some paint may fall on my head :lol:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But once you accept the veracity of some superstitions how can you choose which supertitions you believe in and which you refuse, I wonder :headscratch:

There is one I respect, that is I will not walk under a ladder with a painter on it, not because I believe it is bad luck but because I fear some paint may fall on my head :lol:
Yeah. Stuff like that makes sense. All superstitions started because of something, for some reason. Some, like that one, started from common sense. Those about animals are basically started from fear, and that's something I don't buy into. The only animals who really scare me are *some* humans, because some of them/us are truly diabolical. Animals are not.

imjustacatmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aloha everyone I just went through entire thread and I gut laughed at so many of the pictures this is one of the best threads on here...although there are many great threads...well here is Duchess the other day she was grooming herself...I have ver few ugly photos of her grooming like this...one I posted a long time ago tabbytom tabbytom do you remember that one you said she looked like she was ready for a beer or something I really can't remember...anyhoo here is Duchess in her daddy's recliner and I thought she looked hilarified
20170812_115550.jpg

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom do you remember that one you said she looked like she was ready for a beer or something I really can't remember...anyhoo here is Duchess in her daddy's recliner and I thought she looked hilarified
I can't remember too. My mind has been failing me lately............:lol: