Trimming Big Boy without getting clipped

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He also HATES the olive oil treatment. He cries when I put it on him.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I vote take him to the groomers and have them give him a lion cut or everything but his head gets cute to 1/4 or 1/2 inch long. Have the groomer clip his claws while you are at it,

Purrfect Meow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
iPappy iPappy You mentioned "Did your cat have his hair cut with a clipper comb? This can be a great alternative, but IME it doesn't handle mats as well, but it does a really nice job shortening the hair as a preventative measure. :) " Is this the type of clipper comb? I would like to get one for my cats but want to make sure I get the right equipment.

trimmer comb.jpg

Last edited:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
iPappy iPappy You mentioned "Did your cat have his hair cut with a clipper comb? This can be a great alternative, but IME it doesn't handle mats as well, but it does a really nice job shortening the hair as a preventative measure. :) " Is this the type of clipper comb? I would like to get one for my cats but want to make sure I get the right equipment.

View attachment 469390
No, but the combs you posted look nice because they have a wide and fine tooth end!
The ones I was referring to are these, they slide over a #30 blade (or, a 5-in-1 blade that has a #9 - #40 blade that can be adjusted). They leave the longer and are really nice for longer coats, but they don't go through mats unfortunately. :)
5-in-1 StainlesS Steel Comb Set by Wahl