Treating cat mange...the impossible battle

moos and poos

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I did found good solution after doing my search over and over, and almost killing my cats with all that chemicals I tried.

The solution was so simple, and it is working very well

Try and see if it will help all your farm animals without any harm

1 part of cornmeal to 2 part of room temp. water. Let it sit for 1-2 days and apply liquid water on your animals daily

Be sure it is old style yellow cornmeal not white starch

I am so happy my cats are healing and getting better every day so I want to share this recipe with you

eureka201

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just want to share what I did with my cats... I have been almost hopeless thinking what to do when my cats caught this mange due to an orphaned kitten my youngest picked up (most of our cats are orphan, we just picked them up from the streets when they were just kittens lost or abandoned by mothers)... we just have very soft spot in our hearts for these creatures and of course all the rest of the animal kingdom... :)... we do not have enough money to bring them to vets since here in the Philippines, vets are extremely costly... anyway, i tried researching and trying advises I read here in the net... I came across someone posting about oil, particularly I was researching about coconut oil (virgin oil)...   and maybe its effect on animals like feline... I bought a coco virgin oil for my own use but I was not able to really use it for myself... when I ran out of way to do to help my cats whom my heart really grieve for what they looked like suffering from mange losing hair and getting wounds from scratches,so  I tried coconut oil... in one of my cats where I particularly used this, his mange was particularly located in his head esp the ears and his nose were terrible... testing if it would work, I rubbed it in all the affected areas at least twice or thrice a week... and lo! it only took around few days of my application when I saw the effect... the crusts began to fall off and the skin began to heal slowly plus he stopped scratching... his face is now clear off mange and the fur on his face has already grown... when I use the peroxide thing, it was very painful for him and my other cats who got infected also because of the scratches... they would run and growl after the application so I stopped using those... this miracle that was done by coconut oil to my cats is astounding.. I still have other cats whose undergoing this application and they are also improving now... so that's my experience with this oil... why not try it to your cats?  there are no side effects and it is but natural... I always wanted the natural ways of treating illnesses since I do believe that God has already provided all that is necessary for the people to survive through the nature... although as of now due to the destruction of the natural habitat, there are so many plants and animals that were once used by our ancestors as part of their healing procedures but are already endangered and some already gone... aside from that, I do not have all the money to run every time to the doctors or clinics... tho' of course I do also believe that there are cases that can be best treated by the professionals... so I guess there is no harm in trying this remedy for your beloved pets... God bless!

lyonsden4

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Snooshy,

I see you haven't posted in awhile and I did find someone posting to a vet who showed a video of a cat with notoedric mange. That person said they started using a new bottle of ivermectin every week and it finally cured after several weeks. I know you dealt with this for a year. I'm at eight months and at my wits end. Have 3 cats and 2 big dogs and it seems I cannot find a vet familiar with treating this type of mite properly. Can you possibly post what finally worked for you? Dosage / frequency / duration with the 1% liquid ivermectin? My story is very long but I am also being attacked and seen or spoken with eight vets. Nothing has worked. Revolution every other week for 6 treatments. Then alternating that with oral ivermectin weekly for two months. I'm running out of money and the stress on my family bc constant cleaning and treating is insane. I am falling apart and no real answers. I'm unsure if you even come to this site any more but I'm posting with the hopes you will see this. I am so desperate to cure this. :(

apollobw

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A cat I feed and had to leave in FL (a friend was feeding it) adopted two kittens. He is neutered but loves being a Daddy and the kittens he adopted look just like ones he and his Siamese Baby Mama used to have (she is spayed). The guy who is feeding them said Cleo showed up with a skin and bones kitten with an eye infection. My friend had gotten some eye medicine from the vet and when I got down here I saw that it was more than an eye infection and the cat looked like it had its head inside the mouth of a dog or something (large sore on top of its head and under its mouth all raw. I took it to the vet and first thing she said it was either Feline Leukemia or Manage. Fortunately, she tested negative for FeLV or FIV and the doctor gave her a dose of Revolution and an injection of Covenia (which is an antibiotic that lasts two weeks). I need to take her back in two weeks for a repeat, but she is showing signs of improvement since the treatment two days ago. Interesting she is also Siamese, like Snooshy. I think she is a Lynx Point. Cleo also adopted a black kitten, who I think is pregnant. I have the Siamese by herself in the bathroom now, but she was hanging out with Cleo and the black kitten for probably at least two or three weeks. Cleo and the black kitten aren't showing signs of Mange and I hope they don't. I am segregating them most of the time in the front bedroom though. The black kitten has a vet appointment Monday.

djhub

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am feeding a colony of cats at behind business. Doing this for some time. I need help. I have contacted local humane society but have gotten no response yet.... Waiting... There is one cat who I have seen that is in dire need of treatment for mange ... His neck and head are affected .... I barely can afford to feed them .... I feel so sorry for it... There are also kittens which one if them I think has the disease because it's loosing hair on its head.... I do not want to contact animal control... Need someone in my area who TNR s ....