Three Amigos In The High Desert!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Weekend kitteh pics... first we have Tiger attacking a Palo Verde plant while stretched out on a ledge, LOL.

IMG_4750.JPG IMG_4751.JPG IMG_4752.JPG IMG_4753.JPG

Here's Boots in her favorite chair, watching Tiger as he goofs off:

IMG_4754.JPG

Crackhead enters stage right, causing Boots to relocate:

IMG_4773.JPG

Tiger enters the wooden privacy screen:

IMG_4756.JPG IMG_4757.JPG

Then he jumps down to flop on the concrete slab and check out the bird life:

IMG_4774.JPG

Look closely and you'll see a woodpecker on one of the feeders:

IMG_4768.JPG

On an unrelated note, I'm not a big bologna fan, but every now and then I like a bologna sandwich, aye? So I bought a pack of bologna 2 months ago, ate a sandwich, and put the rest of the bologna in the fridge... the other day I noticed that it had become a science experiment, so I vowed to toss it into the trash. Wrote a note to myself, but couldn't decide exactly where to put it... finally opted for taping the note to the liner of the kitchen trash can, LOL. This is how bachelors do things in Redneck Land, WOOHOO!!!

IMG_4759.JPG IMG_4762.JPG

Meh, I didn't hear the cats complaining, and the greyish-green bologna went out to the curb this morning for pickup, LOL. :rockout:

"All's well that ends well..." :yess:

CHEERS!!! :beerchug:

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hmm, nobody likes my kitteh pics... LOL. Meh, I'll go on posting 'em, I just hope others can actually see 'em. Here are the latest shots, starting with Phoenix in a laid-back pose:

IMG_4779.JPG IMG_4780.JPG

Tiger joins her, you'd almost think they were litter mates but they're not, they've just bonded well:

IMG_4781.JPG IMG_4782.JPG

Tiger & Boots this morning:

IMG_4791.JPG IMG_4792.JPG
IMG_4793.JPG IMG_4794.JPG

Boots gets a drink of water, Tiger joins her to eventually touch noses:

IMG_4795.JPG IMG_4796.JPG

Boots usually sleeps with me at night, right up by my head, but during the day she likes this blanket on the leather couch:

IMG_4802.JPG IMG_4801.JPG

"Oh, no, not this fool with the camera again!!!" :fear:

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Today's cat pics:

IMG_4815.JPG IMG_4830.JPG IMG_4832.JPG IMG_4831.JPG IMG_4833.JPG IMG_4834.JPG IMG_4835.JPG IMG_4836.JPG IMG_4814.JPG IMG_4805.JPG

That penultimate shot shows the tea assortment I've been enjoying recently in this cooler weather... Twinings of London has been making teas for over 300 years, so I reckon they're good enough for me, LOL. Last shot shows the Stronghold as seen yesterday afternoon; sometimes it appears to be closer, some trick of the light and the clear desert air, other times it appears to be farther away (as seen in this photo). I like all views of it, it's a huge natural stone fortress and it's impressive to this old technical rock climber. :rolleyes:

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kittehs lounging in various places... first, we have Crackhead lying in the cat cave above the fridge, I opened the second door so you can see him lying at ease. The cat cave actually extends further to the left, behind a larger cabinet door; I usually leave the door on the far right open for access, that way the cat cave is nice and dark once the kittehs crawl in there:

IMG_4888.JPG IMG_4889.JPG

Never did paint over that horrid original wallpaper inside the cabinet, but the cats aren't complaining, LOL. Here are kittehs on the pool table:

IMG_4891.JPG IMG_4893.JPG IMG_4898.JPG IMG_4900.JPG IMG_4901.JPG IMG_4902.JPG IMG_4903.JPG

And here we have Tiger lounging hard in his favorite chair... I bought that chair for $15 at a thrift shop in the White Mountains, and the kittehs LOVE to scratch the heck out of that fabric. Surprisingly, the fabric has held up to the abuse, and the chair is quite comfortable for cats & humans alike, so I reckon it was a good deal. I've had that chair for over two years, and I hope to have it for many years to come:

IMG_4892.JPG IMG_4896.JPG IMG_4897.JPG IMG_4894.JPG IMG_4895.JPG

In that last shot, Tiger looks like a miniature version of Basscat's bobcat, LOL. :eek:

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
More kitteh pics:

IMG_4920.JPG IMG_4921.JPG IMG_4919.JPG IMG_4923.JPG IMG_4922.JPG

Kinda hard to tell in that last pic, but all four cats are in the photo: Tiger at lower left, Boots in her chair on the deck, Phoenix on the deck carpet, and Crackhead in the far background, by the shed door. I like it when all four cats are in the yard, inside the fence and enjoying the fresh air! :coolcat:

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No pics this weekend, we were enjoying quality time and I couldn't be bothered with the camera... Boots & Crackhead are learning to live together, they're both sleeping on the bed at night, one on each side of me, LOL. Tiger & Phoenix have been sleeping atop the pool table lately, or in the walk-in "cat cave" closet with a line of sight on the bed. This may be a seasonal thing, sleeping atop the pool table, it's quite comfortable with the blanket and carpet remnant as covers for the felt. I never press the issue with the cats, they can sleep wherever they want in our home... as long as they're safe indoors, that's all that really matters. Sometimes the knuckleheads run around and chase each other at zero-dark-thirty, which is also okay, once I figure out who's making the noise, LOL. Back in the Big City, I'd be hauling myself outta bed to confront some burglar, now I just listen for a moment before going back to sleep. :runningcat:

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Shots of Boots this morning:

IMG_4934.JPG IMG_4935.JPG IMG_4941.JPG IMG_4942.JPG IMG_4944.JPG

Maybe it's just her expression, but sometimes Boots shows a sad face... dunno why, since she's treated well and she seems to be fitting in okay with the other cats. She also rockets around at times, which to me is a sign of happiness and good health. Below, we have Tiger in his latest cat cave, which was formed by these plants this summer... since the kittehs like it, I'll leave it in place, LOL.

IMG_4936.JPG IMG_4937.JPG IMG_4938.JPG IMG_4939.JPG IMG_4940.JPG

He's a splendid little Tiger, and cats call the shots round here, therefore the cave shall remain for further use, LOL. Even indoors, all furniture is arranged so the cats get maximum use and enjoyment out of it... for example, I always leave a cat tunnel behind each sofa so the cats have an alternate route. That's what it means to be a cat lover: form follows function every time, LOL. :yess:

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I never know when or where wildflowers will pop up in my yard:

IMG_4971.JPG IMG_4972.JPG IMG_4976.JPG

The ocotillo out front is looking very leafy:

IMG_4973.JPG IMG_4974.JPG IMG_4975.JPG

Flowers inside the fence are just about done:

IMG_4985.JPG

Tiger lying on a slab:

IMG_4986.JPG

My four fruit trees are still growing, progress is slow but steady:

IMG_4987.JPG IMG_4988.JPG IMG_4989.JPG IMG_4990.JPG

Boots in her favorite camp chair on the view deck:

IMG_4993.JPG IMG_4994.JPG

Those chairs get a lot of use from cats & humans alike, I've certainly gotten my money's worth out of them, LOL.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Crackhead sleeping on the other couch last night:

IMG_5003.JPG

Phoenix & Tiger crashing hard in the walk-in closet cat cave:

IMG_5005.JPG

Boots lying in a sunny patch behind the sliding glass door this morning:

IMG_5012.JPG IMG_5013.JPG
IMG_5014.JPG

Boots doesn't trust the camera, LOL...

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tiger curled up atop some extension cords in the "War Room" where I keep tools & materials in my ongoing home rehab work:

IMG_5035.JPG IMG_5036.JPG IMG_5050.JPG

I need to go through that mess and reorganize it, LOL. Here's Phoenix in the large cat cave:

IMG_5039.JPG IMG_5040.JPG

I tossed some clothes on my bed, next thing ya know Tiger & Crackhead were lounging hard:

IMG_5038.JPG IMG_5043.JPG IMG_5044.JPG IMG_5046.JPG IMG_5047.JPG

Tiger sure is a long lean kitteh, rangy with plenty of muscle hidden under that beautiful fur coat... he's now as large as Crackhead and still growing like a weed, he's gonna be a monster when he finally stops growing, LOL.