Three Amigos In The High Desert!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Round #2 of kitteh pics:

IMG_2936.JPG IMG_2918.JPG IMG_2920.JPG IMG_2921.JPG IMG_2928.JPG IMG_2929.JPG IMG_2930.JPG IMG_2932.JPG IMG_2933.JPG IMG_2934.JPG

Aww, ain't Phoenix a little cutie??? She runs around all day, but when she crashes, she crashes HARD, LOL. Guess I should reorganize that walk-in closet, I never use it for anything but storage and a cat cave, maybe I can make it more interesting for the kittehs. Last three pics show Tiger doing his best Tyson impersonation:

"I IZ DE CHAMPION!!!" [Sees Crackhead] "WHOA, A CONVENIENT EAR TO BITE!!!" :eek: :eek: :eek:

Well, I'm off to handle some business, but I'll post more shots as the opportunities arise... CHEERS!!! :beerchug:

Last edited:

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They are adorable.
Arizona sunsets are the best aren't they? I don't get south much, but almost bought a house in Wilcox before deciding to go north.
I lived in Show Low for two years, bought a home there and everything, but I couldn't find steady year-round work so I eventually flipped that home and went roaring off to the PNW. No shortage of work up there, but I never found a decent fixer in my price range, so I came BACK to AZ and bought this home on the east side of Benson. I like this area, but the White Mountains were really nice, a regular paradise on earth, had I been retired I would've stayed there. :yess:

Little tiger....doesnt look that little to me.
Yes, he's growing fast... :eek:

And now for some kitteh shots!!! :bigeyes:

IMG_2951.JPG IMG_2952.JPG IMG_2953.JPG IMG_2954.JPG IMG_2955.JPG IMG_2956.JPG IMG_2957.JPG IMG_2958.JPG IMG_2972.JPG

Hey, they may LOOK lazy, but in their dreams they're doing this: :runningcat:

Tiger & Crackhead crashed out on the rack in my room, Phoenix atop one corner of the covered pool table. :sleepycat:

WEEKEND BREAK COMING UP, SO HAVE A GOOD ONE... CHEERS!!! :beerchug::beerchug:

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You in Show Low, Lakeside or Pinetop? My home was on the NW outskirts of Show Low, with excellent hiking & dirt biking mere minutes away... less than a mile from the trailhead & trail leading out to Rim Road 300, that was so much fun to ride a bike along the Mogollon Rim! I'll never forget those excursions, even though I had a nasty wipeout on one occasion. Meh, I was going insanely fast while half-lit, and the dirt corner had a bit of a "beveled edge" to it... never had a bike slide out from under me so fast in my life, one moment I was tearing along, the next I was sailing through the air before spiking my left knee into that hard stony ground. THAT was a hard hit, haven't felt that level of pain in years... the real torture test involved riding back to the trailhead, my knee already swollen and painful, blown up the size of Rhode Island, LOL. But the Rim Road gets my vote of approval for wildlife and scenery, I always saw deer, elk, coyotes, etc., on my rides, and the long views were incredible. Same goes for the birds on the lakes, never saw so many ducks, geese, etc., on mountain lakes, and the eagles in their nests along shore were impressive. Nice area, the White Mountains! :yess:

Last edited:

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Copy that, I was in that general area, but I dug the rest of the White Mountains as well, that country over by Big Lake is sweet!!! Hey, a lake at 9000' elevation? I'll take it, LOL. I went sailing on Show Low Lake aboard my 12' Minifish, heller breeze gusting to 30 knots, made for some radical sailing but I had to dump the main once or twice, LOL. Saw the bald eagles' nest closest to shore, it was impressive, just like the birds. If I were a fish in that lake, I'd be nervous, yeah? :eek:

And now for some weekend kitteh shots!!! :runningcat:

IMG_2991.JPG IMG_2993.JPG IMG_2994.JPG IMG_2996.JPG IMG_2998.JPG IMG_3006.JPG IMG_3008.JPG IMG_3051.JPG IMG_3055.JPG IMG_0215.JPG

That wooden privacy screen was crooked from the get-go when I bought the home, but the kittehs like it so much I'll probably just leave it as it is, LOL. Meh, we're living in an imperfect world, if the aerial walkway is good enough for the cats, it's good enough for me, aye? Dug out that last pic from months ago, it shows Tiger in the perfectly-sized kitteh walkway, LOL. I even added an outer ledge and a "ladder" to the roof. :bigeyes:

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hmm, what else do we have? Ah, just the ticket... :bicolorcat:

IMG_3056.JPG IMG_3057.JPG IMG_3058.JPG IMG_3059.JPG IMG_3061.JPG IMG_3062.JPG IMG_3063.JPG IMG_3064.JPG IMG_3065.JPG IMG_3066.JPG

Nice mug shot of Phoenix with her nose scratched up... usually the kittehs have great fun romping around the house, playing hide & seek, etc., but I think someone went overboard this time, LOL. Then there's Tiger, stepping on Crackhead and putting the "Dragon Claw" on his throat while sleeping... too many martial arts flicks for Tiger, I'm cutting him off, LOL. Oh, yeah, I give the kittehs separate dishes of canned food every morning, but sometimes in the afternoon I'll give 'em an extra can (the bribe to bring 'em inside), and I'll simply divide the can three ways on one plate, which is why we have shots of the neck-stretching contest, LOL. :confused:

CHEERS!!! :beerchug:

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Board meeting on the deck this morning:

IMG_3109.JPG IMG_3110.JPG IMG_3111.JPG IMG_3112.JPG IMG_3113.JPG

Crackhead is half asleep in that last pic... all the kittehs like those camp chairs, they are quite comfortable. :sleepycat:

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
KITTEHS!!! :runningcat:

IMG_3119.JPG IMG_3121.JPG IMG_3127.JPG IMG_3128.JPG IMG_3129.JPG IMG_3132.JPG IMG_3141.JPG IMG_3142.JPG IMG_3143.JPG IMG_3144.JPG

Tiger sure likes the shade of that flowering plant... thing's actually a weed in the wrong area, but I can't transplant it without killing it, since the roots are under the slab. So I'll just let it be for now, and trim it back down to ground level once the flowers are gone... in the meantime, it offers great shade for little Tiger and the other kittehs.

CHEERS!!! :dizzycat:

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tiger hangin' out aboard the wooden privacy screen:

IMG_3155.JPG IMG_3156.JPG IMG_3157.JPG IMG_3158.JPG IMG_3159.JPG IMG_3160.JPG IMG_3161.JPG IMG_3163.JPG

Woke to some back pain today, dunno why except for old age, tossed some of that Cuervo into my breakfast smoothie to take the edge off, aye? :confused:

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Feral or abandoned in the wild... I guess AZ does this ear clipping business so animal control officers can readily spot the cats which have been rounded up before and treated with shots, dewormed, etc. I don't really hold with it, but how else can a cat be marked? Dye would wear off, and tags or collars would hang up on brush and whatnot... Phoenix may be clipped too, it's kinda hard to tell but it looks like one ear is a tad shorter than the other. :confused:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just looked at the pictures of Phoenix. In one picture it looks like his ear is notched. But only one. The rest of them it doesn't appear to be.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Phoenix is my little girl... I think maybe her one ear got cropped just a bit, hard to tell in the other pics. Anyway, here are some sunset shots... our sunsets have been subdued lately as a result of monsoon cloud cover, but at least we're FINALLY getting some good rainfall, the ocotillos are leafing out with little green leaves along their branches, they remind me of those goofy "Chia Pets." Seems kinda backwards too, since they already bloomed earlier... we had ocotillos in Dago County, but I'd forgotten they do this leafing business, all I remembered were the flaming orange blossoms. Here we go with the sunset pics, not in any particular order:

IMG_3245.JPG IMG_3249.JPG IMG_3250.JPG IMG_3251.JPG IMG_3253.JPG IMG_3254.JPG IMG_3258.JPG IMG_3256.JPG IMG_3248.JPG IMG_3255.JPG

Last two pics were "enhanced" by the Canon cam in "Creative Shots" mode, but the colors are actually closer to the real thing than the "normal" pics in "Auto" mode, go figure. :bigeyes:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful. For some reason the camera just doesn't pick up the colors that you see with the eye.