Forum Helper
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
No, I wasn't allowed to watch soap operas when I was a kid/teenager. :rolleyes3:
Maybe since soaps were all about "love in the afternoon" she thought they were too racy for her little girl. :hearthrob:

My mom and grandmother both watched soaps, so I saw them off and on when young, but remember finding them confusing when scenes changed to different characters/storylines so quickly. But by the time I was a teen, though, I was a total soap opera fan.

rubysmama rubysmama I remember. I was living in Florida at the time and we were all in love with him. I was working nights at a restaurant and we'd talk about the show constantly.
I don't remember a whole lot about the storylines, but I do remember it being a big deal when he was cast on the show.

Hey, here's a Bon Jovi song I don't think we posted yet. A day without Bon Jovi is like a day without sunshine. ;)
Well, since we can't have a day without sunshine, er Bon Jovi ...

Bon Jovi - All About Loving You

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Till We Ain't Strangers Anymore by Bon Jovi & LeAnn Rimes
I always thought that one might get some radio airplay, and maybe it did, but I never heard it.

Here's something completely un-Bon Jovi-ish, although it is still a "Jo(h)n". ;)

John Lennon - Give Peace a Chance

And coincidentally, Google tells me it was 50 years ago yesterday that John and Yoko staged their honeymoon "bed in" in Amsterdam.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/hist...-years-ago-plea-peace/?utm_term=.a630924a705d

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always thought that one might get some radio airplay, and maybe it did, but I never heard it.

Here's something completely un-Bon Jovi-ish, although it is still a "Jo(h)n". ;)

John Lennon - Give Peace a Chance

And coincidentally, Google tells me it was 50 years ago yesterday that John and Yoko staged their honeymoon "bed in" in Amsterdam.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/hist...-years-ago-plea-peace/?utm_term=.a630924a705d
I remember that one from the soundtrack from 'Strawberry Statement' in '69 or '70.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone remember the Thompson Twins?

Hold Me Now
I remember them now.

Once my ex-husband and I were in a hotel elevator with a 90s band, can't remember their name but Justin Timberlake was in it. Everyone was making a big deal about it and we had to ask who they were.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Once my ex-husband and I were in a hotel elevator with a 90s band, can't remember their name but Justin Timberlake was in it. Everyone was making a big deal about it and we had to ask who they were.
It must be weird being famous, with some people idolizing you, and others not having a clue who you are.

So, anyone remember the name of the band Justin Timberlake was in? My first guess was Backstreet Boys. But nope. Had to Google. It was wiki/NSYNC

NSYNC - Bye Bye Bye

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
It must be weird being famous, with some people idolizing you, and others not having a clue who you are.

So, anyone remember the name of the band Justin Timberlake was in? My first guess was Backstreet Boys. But nope. Had to Google. It was wiki/NSYNC

NSYNC - Bye Bye Bye
Yes, NSYNC!! He's even cuter now!!! We felt so old when we didn't know who they were. :doh2:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I prefer singer-songwriter man bands
As do I. ;)

Here's one I don't think I've posted before

Bon Jovi - Who Would You Die For

Heard this oldie on the radio this AM.

Chicago - Hard To Say I'm Sorry