Thread Devoted To Sharing Your Favorite Albums And Songs - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The closest I have ever come to 'country' is Creedence Clearwater Revival- I have their Green River album, and my favorite is, no surprise, Green River. BTW@maggiedemi, my late uncle had a cabin on Cranberry Lake since the '60s, and we spent a week at Clayton and Massena a few years back.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh cool! Finally somebody who knows where Massena is! I've been to Clayton too and the Thousand Islands (Alexandria Bay).
Here's some Creedence Clearwater Revival for you below: :)

Have You Ever Seen The Rain by CCR

Midnight Special by CCR

Green River by CCR

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh cool! Finally somebody who knows where Massena is! I've been to Clayton too and the Thousand Islands (Alexandria Bay).
Here's some Creedence Clearwater Revival for you below: :)

Have You Ever Seen The Rain by CCR

Midnight Special by CCR

Green River by CCR
Once more, thanks for the blast from the past, to use DJ speak. BTW, when we left Massena, we took 56 south and caught 11 there, so we were right in your bailiwick.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man --Yes, Routes 11 & 56 are the two main routes to get anywhere here. :) Here's some more CCR. I think Fortunate Son was a John Fogerty solo song though:

Fortunate Son by CCR

Who'll Stop The Rain by CCR

Lookin' Out My Back Door by CCR

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man --Yes, Routes 11 & 56 are the two main routes to get anywhere here. :) Here's some more CCR. I think Fortunate Son was a John Fogerty solo song though:

Fortunate Son by CCR

Who'll Stop The Rain by CCR

Lookin' Out My Back Door by CCR
Good stuff, that. It's hard to believe it is 50 years old already.
We have, at various times , been all over the Northlands, but those days are over. Michele refuses to leave the 'kids' overnight because while they are socialized with us, with others- not so much.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I lost this thread, so just went through 15 pages to catch up. So, obviously, I can't reply to every message I wanted to, or I'd end up being here all day. But there were these ones I couldn't not comment on.

She had such a sweet voice and didn't deserve the crap she got, but this made the subject of eating disorders come to life and people who needed help got help because they realized that even "big stars" had the same problems they did.
I loved The Carpenters, and was so shocked when Karen died. It was also the first time I'd ever heard of an eating disorder. So sad. She was only 33. :(

Am I the only one who loved the Monkees? Although Micky had a good voice, I preferred Mike.
Davy Jones was my first crush. :hearthrob: Because he was so small, and looked so young, I remember being shocked to learn he was so much older than me.

Anyone remember Corey Hart?
I do. :) He had some good songs, but even here in Canada got overshadowed by Bryan Adams.

Status
Not open for further replies.