Thoughts On This Cat Tree?

Rescuekitties9

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I doubt this is in the right forum but I found this cat tree. 96 inches tall and $100. I would like to purchase it within the next few months, but I'm just wondering what everyone thinks of it? Is it worth it? I have 6 cats and usually have at least 1 foster.
Also food suggestions on a budget are welcome ;D

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
That huge thing is $100? Talk about a great bargain! The only thing I'd say is to check to see if there's a weight limit posted, and also read the reviews. I've found cheap cat trees online before that said straight out that it wouldn't support cats over ten pounds, and others where people complained in the reviews that they seemed unstable for any cat who's not like, a tiny kitten. If those both check out okay, I think it looks great! That tree looks like serious fun. (I wonder if there's a place where I can order a human-sized version of that... :think: ;))...

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is this an online purchase or a store purchase? If you can actually see the tree in person, that would be better. Sometimes cheap trees are made with thin cheap plywood and carpet that shreds easily. Nails and screws need to be hidden or at least covered up to prevent injuries. An online product description likely won't tell you any of these thngs and customer service may not be of any help.

The Grooming and General Cat Care forum has lots of threads on tree recommendations:

Cat Tree- Any Recommendations For Trees With Big Perches?
Recommendations for a cat tree
Too Hard To Find A Decent Cat Tree!
Need large STURDY cat tree for big maine coon boy.
Purfect Post Cat Scrathers/towers? Like?

There are DIY trees that you can make sometimes for less than what a ready made tree costs.

pinterest.com/explore/diy-cat-tree/
10 Cool DIY Cat Trees - iHeartCats.com
Black and white Stolmen Cat Tree - IKEA Hackers

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rescuekitties9

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just checked, it will hold 6 12 lb cats so I think i'll get it!!
It's on eBay.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only question left is the ring size. Are they big enough that a cat can't get their head stuck inside them?

That's an awsome tree by the way.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rescuekitties9

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The only question left is the ring size. Are they big enough that a cat can't get their head stuck inside them?

That's an awsome tree by the way.
I'm gonna message the seller now

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a fabulous cat tree! :thumbsup: Just out of curiosity, since it's on e-bay do you know if it's ever been used before or is it brand new, still in the box?
neely neely - Who cares? It's incredible - and it comes with four extra cats!!!