Cat Tree- Any Recommendations For Trees With Big Perches?

kikilove

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello all, I'm looking for a new cat tree, ideally 60-ish inches high. But most of the trees I am seeing online have tiny perches (13x13 or 12x12), which just aren't big enough for my larger cats. Would love some input re what brands/models have worked for you (and your cats!) Thanks!

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I love the Kitty Mansion line. Deluxe Cat Trees

Their warehouse is near my house and I was able to check out their showroom. Plus I got a discount for buying directly from the warehouse; but they do sell through Jet, Chewy, etc so you can shop around for sales. The deluxe line has larger posts and platforms which is perfect for Link who likes to hang onto the top bed of his and kick the post (I think we have established Link is special). Link is a medium-large cat who is a very long 13 pounds. The tree has a little box/cave that Link can't fit in but Rocket (who is 8 pounds) has claimed it as her scardy cat safety cave so all good.

Pay no mind to the bald spot on his arm in the one photo since he decided a spider bite would be fun experience. That was right after he broke his leg and that was right after he decided to fight with a raccoon and got bit. Link is a trouble child... but no vet visits for the last 6 months, yay!

The platform Rocket is on in the second photo is big enough for Link to nap on. He leans up against the book shelf and passes out almost every night on it.

I know someone else got the Kitty Mansion line for a very large cat and he fits with ease. Kitty Mansions Cat trees

There is this thread with lots of cat tree photos that might help you out with selection too:
pictures of Cats enjoying their cat trees

Last edited:

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
upload_2017-7-26_14-57-14.png I like this one. It's called "Cats in Cubes" by OneFastCat. Currently they are out of stock until August 1. I think they are cheaper on Amazon, but they may be out of stock too. you can keep adding to it, and build it in any shape you want.

Like keep adding to it and make a HUGE one like this:
upload_2017-7-26_14-59-15.png

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends on what you can afford. I would have loved to gone with the Kitty Mansion line, but, I'm on a budget and had to go with one from Walmart. I'm surprised at how well it is made. Got if for around $50.

Edit: The scratcher on the bottom is not part of it. I didn't realize it was that close when I took the picture.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kikilove

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Looks like Chewy rebrands Kitty Mansion products under the name GoPetClub. Don't these items look exactly the same? Only it's $122.00 via other retailers and $77.00 at Chewy (currently on sale). And it's great to have the KM thumbs up as I was looking at the GoPetClub one and now I know it's good! Well, at least it is according to my new friends at the Cat Site. Speaking of budget considerations, I went all out at one point and spent a ridiculous amount of money on a "realistic" cat tree, which took forever to arrive, hours to construct and the cats promptly gave it a "no thanks." I resold it the next day.
https://www.chewy.com/gopetclub-62-inch-cat-tree-beige/dp/101941
GoPetClub 62-inch Cat Tree, Beige

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kikilove

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love the Kitty Mansion line. Deluxe Cat Trees

Their warehouse is near my house and I was able to check out their showroom. Plus I got a discount for buying directly from the warehouse; but they do sell through Jet, Chewy, etc so you can shop around for sales. The deluxe line has larger posts and platforms which is perfect for Link who likes to hang onto the top bed of his and kick the post (I think we have established Link is special). Link is a medium-large cat who is a very long 13 pounds. The tree has a little box/cave that Link can't fit in but Rocket (who is 8 pounds) has claimed it as her scardy cat safety cave so all good.

Pay no mind to the bald spot on his arm in the one photo since he decided a spider bite would be fun experience. That was right after he broke his leg and that was right after he decided to fight with a raccoon and got bit. Link is a trouble child... but no vet visits for the last 6 months, yay!

The platform Rocket is on in the second photo is big enough for Link to nap on. He leans up against the book shelf and passes out almost every night on it.

I know someone else got the Kitty Mansion line for a very large cat and he fits with ease. Kitty Mansions Cat trees

There is this thread with lots of cat tree photos that might help you out with selection too:
pictures of Cats enjoying their cat trees
Link is my new goddamn hero.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I like Chewy's cat trees, and I think those are a great option! Another brand to look into is Vesper. These trees are sold at my local pet supply store, and they're elegant and sturdy:

2azwildcats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have had a Molly and Friends extra tall cat tree for the past 8 years and it is still in great shape. My 2 cats are only 11 lbs each so I can't speak to big cats but I can guarantee that it is sturdy.

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
View attachment 189741I like this one. It's called "Cats in Cubes" by OneFastCat. Currently they are out of stock until August 1. I think they are cheaper on Amazon, but they may be out of stock too. you can keep adding to it, and build it in any shape you want.

Like keep adding to it and make a HUGE one like this:
View attachment 189742
Have you tried OneFastCat.com hamster wheel for cats? It's the first time my has tried it. Already she is trying to get the wheel to go on her own! Cat Exercise Wheel | One Fast Cat | Cat Running Wheels

kobata1928

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello all, I'm looking for a new cat tree, ideally 60-ish inches high. But most of the trees I am seeing online have tiny perches (13x13 or 12x12), which just aren't big enough for my larger cats. Would love some input re what brands/models have worked for you (and your cats!) Thanks!
I don't know about perch sizes, but Armarkat is the best big name brand available from my experience. There are a few small companies who make better, but for a huge price premium.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Molly and Friends cat tree that is 6 1/2 years old. It is still in very good shape and has gotten lots of use! The round circular beds are big enough for two 12 lb. cats. It is plenty big enough for my 15 lb. cat. The brand is not cheap. I got the biggest, cheapest one I could find. It is very heavy and it would be very difficult to tip over, even for the most active of cats. The specs said 99 lbs. when I bought it. About $300, but I expect to get many years of use, so a good buy.

Four-tier scratching post furniture with a bed on a 60" pole, a tunnel on a 40" pole, a cradle on a sisaled 30" pole, and a bed on a 12" pole, all on a 24" x 24" base.
Model: MF-62
Sizes: 5'5" Tall, 24"x24" Base
Pieces: (2) bed 16.5" diameter, 3" deep, (1) tunnel 16.5" diameter, 16" long, (1) cradle 16.5" wide, 16" long, 3" deep

Nursemike3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
145313_MAIN._AC_SS190_V1523559673_.jpg
It has three scratchable perches that are very generous for a big cat to lay on. Its like 5 feet tall and quite attractive. I got it from Chewy.com

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We went to a Cat Club Show and found a wonderful independent company that makes very sturdy cat furniture. They are extremely talented and you can even special order what you would like, e.g. dimensions for a perch, etc.
Here is a link to their website: Custom Quality Pet Furniture - HOME

Last edited:

boosmommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Check out New Cat Condos. Reasonable prices and extremely well made. Manufactured in Phoenix.