Thoughts On My Prego Kitty

Humankittylover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No not yet but I did notice milk last night
Is she acting any different? Anymore/less loving then usual? Is she acting like she's going insane trying to find a nest? My cat had her kittens about 12 hours after I noticed she had milk. Expect kitties soon!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kerena87

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No all she is doing is sleeping.... She will get up to use the bathroom, eat or drink, or to move spots then she goes back to sleep

Kerena87

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
In the floor under the table on the rug mostly but she will get up on the couch every so often

Kerena87

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
1507782010510-398384944.jpg
she has been laying/sleeping like this all day witch is very unusual like she is holding herself up... Any ideas why

Humankittylover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cats are usually in that position when they're in labor, I think it's easier and more comfortable to push out babies. Is she having any contractions? Panting, meowing? Has she seen a vet? Try putting a box down by her and put her in it. But other then that, is go out of the room, turn out the lights and leave her alone. Kittens are usually pretty loud so you should be able to hear em be born.

Kerena87

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No contractions or anything.. Yes was just at the vet on Monday. She is laying down regular now but all day she has been like that more than not and just started today

Humankittylover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hmm. What did Thebes's vet say? I say that if she doesn't have them by tomorrow morning, get her to the vet.

Kerena87

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They said within 7 to 10 days as of Monday

Humankittylover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So only two days ago? Has she lost her mucus plug, that you know of? Given the fact that she has milk, I'd take her in tomorrow if she hasn't had them.

Kerena87

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No mucus plug or anything that indicates she is in labor. Yes the vet said 7 to 10 days 2 days ago so I think we still have a few days

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
No need to rush to the vet unless she is actively pushing for over an hour or is in distress! She is probably just sitting odd because she is uncomfortable. One of my pregnant mommas used to beg me to sit on the bed and roll her onto her back in between my legs with her belly up and give her a belly massage. She is a very pretty mom!

Kerena87

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm completely claim even though this is my first time having a pregnant cat... I'm excited but claim

Kerena87

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Aww she is adorable... Yes my mama loves her belly rubbed now that's she is close to the end

Kerena87

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No still playing the waiting game

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does mom seem to be in distress at all?

It doesn't sound that way, in which case a vet check would be tremendously stressful and not to mom's benefit.