Thoughts And Prayers For Tangent

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner! I would have added a supersized dose of love and goodwill to the community's outpouring. I'm sending it Tangent's way regardless. He can bank it until he needs it!

I'm so glad to hear that he's better. You're awesome, orangeandwhite, and he's very lucky to have you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm afraid I may have spoken too soon. Tangent just refused his dinner after eating well all day Friday and yesterday. He walked from his food saucer to his water bowl, looked into it, and decided that water didn't sound good either. :(

I read that the antibiotics have few side effects, but can include nausea and anorexia. We're on the 4th day of 6 days of antibiotics, so maybe that is it.

If he doesn't eat tonight or tomorrow morning, I'll call the vet's office. I may ask if I can swing by for another B-12 injection and sub-Q fluids with the vet techs. The two vets are always booked at least 4 days or longer for appointment, unless there is a dire emergency. If the vet techs can just administer vitamins and fluids without needing the vet, maybe I can get Tangent in.

:sigh:

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you, tabbytom. This is a little disheartening. I really thought we'd turned the corner when he started eating well for a couple of days.

I did ask the vet about giving him 1/4 tab of Pepcid in case stomach acid may be making him not want to eat. I also asked about OTC B-12 Methylcobalamin supplement as a potential appetite stimulant. He said either of those might help and couldn't hurt.

Plan A is get him in for more fluids and B12 with vet techs. Plan B is pick up the OTC antacids and B-12 pills.

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
O noes! Sorry to hear that Tangent has backslid a bit. It's so frustrating when you think you've finally turned the corner, only to run into yet another corner.

Keeping you and Tangent in my thoughts and prayers, and hope he's feeling better and eating better again soon. :vibes::vibes::vibes:

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tangent update. After skipping dinner Sunday evening, Tangent ate a few bites of his bedtime meal. Yesterday, he polished off breakfast, dinner and bedtime meals. We're back on a good track, at least for now. I'm guardedly optimistic.

Today he took his final antibiotic dose. His eye looks better, though I still see one or two dilated red blood veins in the white of his eye. It did dry up and stopped tearing a couple days into the antibiotics.

Hopefully we're really on a solid path back to normal, and not on a frustrating roller coaster.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, that photo was taken just as I was posting the update. The recliner is in my small home office. Tangent and Charlie both like to sit there while I'm on the computer. They're good about taking turns, or sharing the recliner. :redheartpump:

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tangent finished antibiotics Tuesday and that was the last day he seemed nauseated by his food. Wednesday, Thursday and this morning, he has been back to normal, like a Hoover vacuum at his food dish.

Tangent and Charlie sharing the recliner right now. Grudgingly perhaps, but sharing nonetheless.

Thank you all again for the support!

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Tangent finished antibiotics Tuesday and that was the last day he seemed nauseated by his food. Wednesday, Thursday and this morning, he has been back to normal, like a Hoover vacuum at his food dish.

Tangent and Charlie sharing the recliner right now. Grudgingly perhaps, but sharing nonetheless.

Thank you all again for the support!
What a great—and classic—cat/dog photo! The expressions on those two faces is textbook. :lol:

I’m glad that Tangent feels good enough to glare. :)