This Poor Cat

dtackc6

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Following this post. Excited to see all those kittens! Poor mama!

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My goodness! That is a lot of kittens! I'm guessing 8-12 . If I could zoom in on the picture I would try to count the spines.

She's definitely going to need help birthing them all. And you really don't want her to eat all of the placentas either!

Is she still dialated?

Last edited:

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my!! I thought I counted 9, but I'm no expert and it's hard to tell things apart. At first I thought I saw 13 vertebra, before realizing I was most certainly seeing tails as well. I'm so glad she's not a first time mama (nor you!) as she will need every last bit of experience to raise this brood.

Any more signs of labor?

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Naomi.

Any time now sounds good, but she was in labor last night and it stopped.  Does the vet think she's going to need assistance doing this?

Margret

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
At one point I thought I counted 13 also. Yikes. Can she deliver that many? Getting worried.

moayad albluwe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is there any signs of any kittens yet? Poor cat, 8 is a huge number..
my cat gave birth for 5 kittens, she done that outside the house, in a totally unexpected place, in the elevator engine room, her pregnancy took about 70 days since the mating day, she gave birth easily and quite. And that day when i came home and didn't find her, i started checking for her around, untill i heard a kitten sound so i followed it as much as i could and i called for the mom cat and she replied with a meow that guided me to the elevator engine room where i found the door open so i entered and found the 5 kittens and the mother cat, after about some hours, i moved them indoor.
now they're about 5 weeks old, one kitten died in the first week.
the others grew up and blowed my head with their noise and poop and their small nails... i still can't imagine how would you be able to get care of all those expected kittens, i wish you the best of luck.

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
I knew she's have a large litter. I'm surprised she is still able to eat as much as she is/has been with the lack of space!

And, yes, hopefully Wy will assist in the care of these babies!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Well, that explains all the eating!

Get the KMR ready and be prepared to rotate. Get the udder balm ready for her nipples, as they will surely get sore. Be prepared to help her clean the kittens daily, as she will be exhausted. I think your idea to put at least a couple of them on her daughter is a good one. And don't let her eat all those placentas - she will be sick with diarrhea.

And praying all are born healthy to this very fertile mom! [emoji]128522[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji]

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending labor and birth vibes for mama kitty :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
1st baby is here!   You guyd, the placenta is still inside-- qwhat do I do? It's been like 5-7 minutes.

Livefeed on my facebook page   Wendy Flynn Del monte

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It will come out! She's got more to come. It will get pushed out next.

Last edited:

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay! The moment we've all been waiting for.

Is mama cat cleaning the kitten and acting normal?

With your experience with mama's and babies have you witnessed the placenta taking this long?

I just wanted you to know that someone is here & it's probably fine if everything else seems fine...

rescuedfamily

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's so exciting! Keep closely monitoring. It took a few minutes for my mom to birth the placenta but if it doesn't come by the next baby that's when I would start to get concerned. Keep us posted! My thoughts are with you and Naomi! [emoji]128151[/emoji][emoji]128151[/emoji]

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
nevermind  they are tag birthing- Wyonna is helping- but she's taking FOREVER to push pout the placentas. How long should it take??

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
There's no time limit.

How many kittens now?

Last edited:

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think it's okay. It just seems like forever casue I'm nervous. Buy Wynonna is in the thick of things helping- cleaning kittens,  etc.   

Livefeed:  facebook   I'm Wendy Flynnn DelMonte and I'm public