This Poor Cat

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
[emoji]128563[/emoji] Wow. She is YUGE!! I'm not an expert but I'd be shocked if less than 5. Do you know if this is her first litter? I can't wait to see what the advisors think!! Thank you for fostering her! [emoji]128077[/emoji] She is very pretty, by the way--can't wait to see her babies. [emoji]10084[/emoji]️

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I actually have her daughter and her 1 week old Grandbabies, too- I fostered them both. 

She has all kinds of dried milk on her teats,  I no longer see movement, but I don't think she's dropped, and she's every time I go into the room I keep them in.    Poor thing.

of course, tomorrow is the only day I'll be out all day, that's when she'll go into labor. 

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
Poor baby! We took in a cat very similar last year.

My question...
How big is momma? Is she petite or average size?

Our momma is petite...7.5 lbs now as a healthy girl. She had 6 babies (including 2 sets of twins...they shared sacks) who are now 8 months old.

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
she's average size. her daughter is smaller, but she's normal. 

Poor thing. 

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
I'm going to put my guess in at 6 kittens.

My oldest 2 came from a litter of 9! And every single one was black lol!

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't know how to get this video to youtube because I took it on Instagram, the but facebook url on my page is 
I think I see babies STILl moving.   can someone look and see if it's babies, or please God, maybe early contractions?   She is eating in the video, because she's STARVING. 

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She will have a rather big litter.  Dont let her eat more than 4 placentas, its enough.  too much of placentas increases risks for diarrheas, sometimes even violent diarrheas.

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks.  I've canceled my plans to go into the City tomorrow in case she goes into labor I can be here. i don't think she'll let me help much, she's really cranky right now, but I want to be around just in case. I do have to go to home school Co-Op (as long as she's not laboring in the morning) but my daughter will stay home to keep an eye on her. 

Poor dear.  She's So big!  She still wants to eat, though!  Every time I go in, she eats some more dry and begs for a can. I split a small can between her and her daughter who has 1 week old kittens.  I offer KMR, but they don't really drink much of it. 

What do the "ripples" look like that I've ready about? Sometimes her back, near her tail and spine, has spasms.  I just can't tell if she's dropped. she is HUGE.  And I have no way o know how far along she is. I can take her to vet tomorrow afternoon, if needed, but I don't know what that will do other than stres her out. i already know she's pregnant and due  any day now, right?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Try to relax. She sounds like she's having early stage one contractions, so it's good you'll be around tomorrow. Probably no need for the vet. My stray cat that I took in was huge, and appeared to have an endless pregnancy, but she actually only delivered 4 very healthy kittens. So she may not have that many necessarily. Honestly, everything sounds very normal to me, and if she's not in distress, you need to just hang in there, though I do understand your concerns. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Here is my cat the day before she delivered 4 healthy kittens:

Last edited:

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
yeah. I doubt she'll let me help, anyway. She doesn't' want to be touched. She's CRANKY- not that I blame her, but she's also STARVING!   Begs for more and more food.  I'll be here for her, whatever. 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wow! She's big. I'm guessing she's carrying very healthy-sized babies. She may also be over-eating, which will cause her to balloon. But don't stop feeding her, nursing will shrink her up quickly. Mine over-ate, but she'd been stray, and nursing sucked the extra out of her quickly!

haleyds

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I AM SO PUMPED TO SEE THESE BABIES! I hate these waiting games haha, I can't imagine your suspense!

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm giving her 1/2 a small can, 3  times a day 9the other half goes to her daughter, nursing 4) and there is dry out all day.  She was an owner surrender, so she not eating to catch up, if that makes sense?

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Me, too!  

NO KITTENS YET, and no sign of real labor. 

I am home now, until  Wednesday and it's nice and cozy with a surprise snowstorm happening so  I just keep checking on her.

I tried sitting with her, and sh's so hormonal and pissy that she let me pet her head, twice, then  went to a different place.   Knowing when I'm not wanted, I  went back upstairs. 

She's not in love with her daughter being the same room as her, but it's a BIG room and they are in totally different sections.  

#KittenWatch is on! 

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No babies yet!  She's  huge, hungry, hormonal, and pissed off. 

Not in any obvious labor I can tell.

I'm just  leaving her be- and checking in on her every few hours. 

LONGEST WAIT EVER. 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Waiting is not fun, but it will happen on Mother Nature's terms! [emoji]128521[/emoji]

krissy marissy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I feel like they get really annoyed and uncomfortable a few days before they become clingy again. And then labor comes. But that might just be me [emoji]128514[/emoji]. The wait feels long, but it'll happen. Not much longer now.

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
yeah. I doubt she'll let me help, anyway. She doesn't' want to be touched. She's CRANKY- not that I blame her, but she's also STARVING!   Begs for more and more food.  I'll be here for her, whatever. 

I can imagine why she feels cranky!

She looks like she swallowed a bowling ball! She must be carrying a large litter! Hopefully she has them soon and all goes well :) . She looks so uncomfortable!

How are your other litter of kittens doing?