This Poor Cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
"These kittens should never have been born. Their mother should have been spayed and then these little lives wouldn’t have been wasted.   People need to be more responsible for their pets.  Thee little purr-pots, these little babies that I fostered and loved and trained and showed how to be great pets for their new owners will never get a chance. My house feels empty- not at all the same way it feels when my litters go on to their forever homes- that’s a satisfied kind of empty leaving me a little sad but more excited for the kittens (or dogs) and their new owners.  This is a heartbroken, they haven’t had a change to live emptiness."

I wrote this 4 years ago.  It seems this time of year (kitten season!) that my Facebook timeline if full of kittens past-  but I remember these kittens so well. Poor darlings.  I hope it's okay to share here, I didd't know where else to go.  

Here is the full article:

Dreams of A Kitten  

tsukiyomi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

"These kittens should never have been born. Their mother should have been spayed and then these little lives wouldn’t have been wasted.   People need to be more responsible for their pets.  Thee little purr-pots, these little babies that I fostered and loved and trained and showed how to be great pets for their new owners will never get a chance. My house feels empty- not at all the same way it feels when my litters go on to their forever homes- that’s a satisfied kind of empty leaving me a little sad but more excited for the kittens (or dogs) and their new owners.  This is a heartbroken, they haven’t had a change to live emptiness."

I wrote this 4 years ago.  It seems this time of year (kitten season!) that my Facebook timeline if full of kittens past-  but I remember these kittens so well. Poor darlings.  I hope it's okay to share here, I didd't know where else to go.  

Here is the full article:

Dreams of A Kitten  
The link didn't work.

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Progress! (Amd a lot of treats!)

Chubbie, Naomi, and Fudgie eating treats! Nay got nervous and hopped down soon aftet, so I gave her her own treats, and greedy Fudgie joined her after he ate his.

Now Fudgie chases HER around and she runs from him. I only interfere if he corners her, or they really fight. I halfway think they have to sort some of it out on their own. Thoughts?

Isn't my girl beautiful?

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you are doing a wonderful job. And yes animals have to sort their pecking order although there is a time to interfere and separate.  And yes she is beautiful. Eating together is a social activity. You done good.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Chubbie, Naomi, and Fudgie eating treats! Nay got nervous and hopped down soon aftet, so I gave her her own treats, and greedy Fudgie joined her after he ate his.

Now Fudgie chases HER around and she runs from him. I only interfere if he corners her, or they really fight. I halfway think they have to sort some of it out on their own. Thoughts?

Isn't my girl beautiful?
She is beautiful.

Yep...sometimes it's "just a cat thing."  Stuff has to get sorted out.  They are beginning to do that.  How's the situation with poor little GIddie?  I have a deep feeling that once he stops acting like prey, she'll stop treating him like prey.  Perhaps he'll learn by watching the changing dynamics with Fudgie.

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

She is beautiful.

Yep...sometimes it's "just a cat thing."  Stuff has to get sorted out.  They are beginning to do that.  How's the situation with poor little GIddie?  I have a deep feeling that once he stops acting like prey, she'll stop treating him like prey.  Perhaps he'll learn by watching the changing dynamics with Fudgie.
Thank you!  

Poor Giddie.  he's still spending most of his time in his perch.  He has been coming down a bit and wandering the kitchen and my office area.  I bring him in my bedroom for some  free time at nigh where he is DESPERATE for pets and loving- he head bonks us endlessly- then he wants out and   walks so scared through the hall, searching every corner for Naomi, then RUNNING to the cat tree.   

He is getting better, at least a little.    I agree, the others havn't been acting afraid of her anymore, and she (and they ) are more curious than  fighting. 

tsukiyomi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Isn't my girl beautiful?
What a nice picture shes lucky to have you.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Thank you!  

Poor Giddie.  he's still spending most of his time in his perch.  He has been coming down a bit and wandering the kitchen and my office area.  I bring him in my bedroom for some  free time at nigh where he is DESPERATE for pets and loving- he head bonks us endlessly- then he wants out and   walks so scared through the hall, searching every corner for Naomi, then RUNNING to the cat tree.   

He is getting better, at least a little.    I agree, the others havn't been acting afraid of her anymore, and she (and they ) are more curious than  fighting. 
I'm repeating Jackson Galaxy advise here, because I don't know quite where else to go with this.  Is there any way you could add shelves up high so that Giddie could navigate more confidently?   This is all going to come down to increasing his confidence level.  And he's afraid of being trapped by her. 

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Just look at those sleepy kitties sharing a bed!   
Well, more like staying as far away from each other as possible without actually leaving the bed, but if they can sleep within range of one another without fighting or fearing this is a major step forward.  Congratulations, @Wendydelmo.  You're doing a great job with them.

Margret

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
And this just happened!

I watched Naomi jump up on the couch near Fudgie..carefully sniff his butt, gently tap it, then sit down. Fudgie turned around, looked at her, and settled down. So proud of the progress!

Giddie is still scared, and Chubbie is indifferent, but....its still progress!

Yay Naomi!!!!