This Poor Cat

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

Meet my new emergency fosters, Indigo, Lola, and Bocephus. They have lived with their Mama since they were 4 days old, for 13 years. Yes, 13 YEARS. They were abandoned feral kittens when she saved them. Their Mama lost her home a month ago and rather than abandon her animals, she became homeless. She kept her cats together in a large crate as she slept on the street, searching desperately for an apartment that would allow multiple cats. Unfortunately, she hasn't had any luck. She also struggles with mental illness, and I think that having her cats was what was helping her keep it together. She is receiving help right now, and I'm giving her cats a safe and loving place to live until she can reunite with them. I hope that she will have some solace knowing that I will love them for her while she's not able to be here. She was feeding then vegan. I can't afford it, and I think cats need to have meat, so I am slowly transitioning then to other food. Say a little prayer or send some white light for these sweet senior kitties and their Mama. I hope they can be together soon.

Wendy, they are so beautiful and such a sad story. I am glad they found their way to you. You have such a kind, loving heart.. I wish there were more people in the world like you...((Hugs))

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vegan?!  Oh, dear.  They're lucky to still be alive!  I have to ask, was their human spending extra money to feed them a vegan diet?  It must have been extremely high in protein, and well balanced somehow, or they wouldn't still be alive, and, from their pictures, reasonably healthy, though I guess when they were living on the streets the cats probably managed to supplement their diet with small prey.

I don't know where their human is getting help, is there a chance that you can take her cats for an occasional visit with her?  It would be good for all of them, and might give her caregivers some extra insight into her needs.  And before the cats go back to her we need to find a tactful way to educate her about cat nutrition.  Maybe talk with her caregivers about that?

I really don't know how you manage to do so much, Wendy.  You always seem to take on the really hard cases, and I can't think of anyone more competent to handle them.

Margret

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Goddess bless you, Wendy.  Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY from me and the Hekitty Monster

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you!   

I have pics of ALL the kittens that I must share soon! 

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Freinds! 

I havne't been around lately, and I'm sorry,  but things got crazy.

I want to share something with you all-  we have babies- but not exactly kittens! 

We got PUPPIES!

I picked up a pregnant Mama who was in labor in my car!  She labored and then a pup got stuck in the birth canal, so we rushed to the vet and it was an emergency C-section,.  We lost one puppy,  but we have 7 sweet babies at home! 

Does this look familiar? 

All this happened in the past few hours-- I'm bemused and in shck and the proud foster Mom of 7 puppies!

What IS it with me and big litters?

Wendh

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They're adorable!

Mother animals in distress can tell who it's safe to get help from, and big litters are distressing.  So, of course they end up with you!

Margret

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Puppies! Oh, they're so sweet. I know nothing about dogs, but I guess 7 is a big litter for any mammal. Congratulations on the new family.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Thank you for rescuing mama dog! Such beautiful pups! Are they in your cattery room now? Same strategy as for mama kitties: feed lots of good food both wet and dry (puppy chow), eggs, and mama dog can drink puppy formula for her calcium needs.

How is mama doing after her surgery?

Keep us posted!

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
yup!  The cattery is now a kennel, and they are all snuggled in another kiddie pool with heated blankets. They are SQUEEKERS and adorable! 

The Mama is on some pain, but the sweetest thing. She really is a love.   

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor mama, but so lucky to have found you.

Was mama spayed during the c-section?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Did you get pain meds for her before leaving the vet? I usually recommend 3 days' worth. That is usually enough. If not, call and see if you can pick some up tomorrow for mama. That was major surgery, and with 7 puppies nursing - ouch!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Wendy, OMGosh!!!  Yes, you are so blessed for doing this. The word in the Universe is out about you! You are so kind, loving, giving, that all animals are aware of you...this is a special gift...((hugs)).. they run to your side, knowing you will help them..

I never had a dog or even puppy, but I would imagine they are similar to kittens..lots of love and feedings...

all I can say is Wow!! Yes, Jackson Galaxy would love to hear this story also. He is a huge animal lover....

What happened to your other recent foster kitties?

(((hugs))) and love being sent your way...