This Poor Cat

krissy marissy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Your photos on fb, so beautiful. The one where they're laying together, head to head and the babies are everywhere...beyond precious! Thank you so much for sharing those videos with us! [emoji]128571[/emoji]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
awww- that's precious!

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Your photos on fb, so beautiful. The one where they're laying together, head to head and the babies are everywhere...beyond precious! Thank you so much for sharing those videos with us! [emoji]128571[/emoji]
I love those pics, too.   Thank you!

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't sleep. I'm too would up, so I'm watching Call the Midwife and weeping lol 

I just came down and weighed the darlings. They have all gained! some 13 grams (!!!) and some just 4, but the lower gains are those which were born this morning. 

It looks like I have 5 boys and 3 girls, but I'm awful at sexing them. I'll try to get pics later to get some help 

My Queens are hungry, so I'm providing a lot of fresh food, water and they both drank a small bowl of KMR. 

Naomi showed me oshe can nurse all 8 of her babies at once when I moved some of the littles over to try and get more colostrum in them

They are all doing well, so I'm trying not to interfere too much.
To start with, the calicos are girls, by definition. Hope that helps.

Adorable, of course.

Margret

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just read this whole thread, omg what a great story.  So many kittens!  Glad everyone is healthy and doing well!

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
You documented something that is more than a mere birth. The obvious assistance from the daughter and the obvious comfort seeking from the mama are documentary worthy. I would seriously suggest you contact AP with this information.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
I read your FB post and wept. I wish I could take the mama. Too far away and a territorial tortie of my own. 2 but the other is a Nermal.

Kitten who I weep for every day was the by product of my stupid relatives and their refusal to take care of and alter their pets.

So is Mook

And I suspect so is my Little Mercy. once named Fluffy and adopted and dumped back at the shelter at the age of 4 months.

Her first days here she ran back and forth calling. Human ? Cat ? How she clung to me. Not out of love. that came later. But fear.

It's hard to look at our beloved felines and know that most of them are just accidents that no one really wanted.

I hope you find a home for both of these wonderful mother cats. And all the babies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I really do hope that the special bond between Naomi and Wynona is not broken. 

After watching these births, it would be a shame to separate them. They are truly family~~~ and should not be separated.

Man, if I did not have my guy, I would adopt both of them...sigh...but I love my guy...

These are 2 very special cats...

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What a beautiful family.  I just got here, having had a small health kerfluffle.  I'm in awe of these mamas and how they worked together.  I'm with Kittens Mom, you should go to AP with the story, AND the fact that these mamas need a home...together.

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'll have to make a video of them, together. Anyone have and AP contact? 

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Suggestion: the regional news station!! Humane interest story! That would be a start. On TV.

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I checked the babies when I fed the moms
All looked well. My scale needs a new battery & my husband is bringing one home for me. They looked wonderful! I'm leaving them alone to spend a peaceful night.

Last edited by a moderator:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just did a Google search on "Associated Press contact information."  I got quite a few hits for customer support, and a link to a reporter who is covering major stories, like ISIS and the current presidential election.  None of those seemed right.  Their home page is at http://ap.org/

When I clicked on the Contact link there, I got this:
None of these seem right, either.

Eventually I wound up on (of course!) Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Associated_Press.  AP is basically owned by member news organizations, which pretty much means every newspaper and local television station in the country.

Therefore, get it on the local news, and that would likely do it.

Hope this helps.  Margret

Last edited:

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
None of these seem right, either.

Eventually I wound up on (of course!) Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Associated_Press.  AP is basically owned by member news organizations, which pretty much means every newspaper and local television station in the country.

Therefore, get it on the local news, and that would likely do it.

Hope this helps.  Margret
I think the AP is a good idea. I was referring to Animal Planet. But a story like this picked up could get some major play in the heartstring tugging human interest story.

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your Facebook page says you're a writer. I'm wondering if you might be interested in writing your own story using AP style, your own pictures, and then pitching it.

It might be worth trying a magazine as well, just make sure you retain the rights to your own story.

You foster, so are you a non profit?

Last edited:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I think the AP is a good idea. I was referring to Animal Planet. But a story like this picked up could get some major play in the heartstring tugging human interest story.
Okay, so I visited Animal Planet's website: http://www.animalplanet.com/

No contact link at all.  So then I did a Google search on "Animal Planet contact information."  The closest that got me was a link for a producer's portal, where a producer can pitch a new show: https://producers.discovery.com/producersPortal/

I don't think that's what you had in mind, either.  Was there a particular show on Animal Planet that you thought would be good?  I think we have a better chance at getting contact information for, say, "Planet's Funniest Animals" (not the right show, IMO, and I believe it's no longer being produced, which is a pity) than just generic Animal Planet.

I note that Jackson Galaxy appears on "My Cat From Hell," which is also not the right show for this, but perhaps he would consent to assist, if we asked him.

Margret