Things In Common Redux

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not at all, glimarg, I am not the only member playing this game! I can only speak for myself. But so far as I am concerned I'll offer my last reply which is that I believe that they ALL belong to the IRIDACEAE family.
No it's not iridaceae ! Well, that's a good word I wouldn't use very often. I certainly did not learn that at school - unless it was one of the Latin words we had to memorize and I've since forgotten!
Unfortunately, we all come from different backgrounds and have different experiences. Sorry!

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In spite of myself another word crossed my mind :blush: "aromatherapy",do they all have the same therapeutic properties?
They well may, but it's not the word I was looking for.
The answer is a word which I found fascinating when I first heard it at school (it comes from the Greek - not a language I had to learn).

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No sorry! This is embarassing!
Another hint: When I was 12 or 13, in the biology lesson, we were each given a "bulb" to section and draw. Onions, daffodils, tulips, crocusses........ We learnt the classification: bulbs and corms. The third type (which we had to copy from a text book of biological diagrams) were ........? They were perhaps too complicated and diverse to draw from original specimens. A bulb and a corm have solid almost geometrical forms, but ........ go all over the place. Does that help? It's a lovely word - if you like that sort of thing! :)

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck with your masks. ☀
Thank you! We've already made over €200 by selling masks with dogs and cats on them. So it 's worth the effort. The money goes towards helping people on benefits to pay their vet bills. Fundraising is hard these days!
Back to work:
pumpkin
racket game
flatten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! We've already made over €200 by selling masks with dogs and cats on them. So it 's worth the effort. The money goes towards helping people on benefits to pay their vet bills. Fundraising is hard these days!
Back to work:
pumpkin
racket game
flatten
Squash?

Status
Not open for further replies.