The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a wood burning tool kit that my mom got me for Christmas years ago. As a kid I tried it at one of her friend's houses and I thought it was so cool. The other day I noticed Amazon had a lightning deal for these pre-sliced wood rounds with the bark on the outside still. They also have a hole pre-drilled. So I decided to order them to hopefully do some hand-made Christmas gifts and things this year. They just arrived and they look pretty nice! I'll probably try wood burning with some; but the kids would enjoy painting on them. I think I have some stencils too. DS makes the cutest little drawing of his favorite raccoon. I'm thinking of having him draw it on one with a pencil and then I'll use the wood burner. :redheartpump:

I'm not good at lettering or script or I'd get the smallest ones to make a bunch for my mom's tree. I bet they'd LOVE to have an ornament for every person in the family. We have 2 new babies coming; one in December and one in January, so I'd have to account for those. I'll have to think about it I guess. :redheartpump:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is weird to be so fascinated by it but I am wondering if other's cats do this. Both use the litter boxes at the same time. Get out at the same time. And then immediately switch litter boxes.

These pictures literally happened within seconds of each other.
20211017_090933.jpg
20211017_090856.jpg

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
:lol:found out theres a difference in what my standard and the gf have as gentle play from graycie:rolleyes:clearly i must train gf more on how graycie plays:flail:cause i have no clue how to teach graycie to play bite gentler than she has learned to now
A loud OWWW or a hiss. Graycie may think your gf is fair game for rougher play so she is the one she should be letting Graycie know it isnt okay.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Belated Birthday game misconduct game misconduct and susanm9006 susanm9006 !

I am irritated today and need to rant. The only ones here are Hobbit and twelve cats, so I cannot rant to them. Just skip over if you do not care to read, but I am going to pretend that everyone is reading and empathizing with my frustration.

My daughter was in a small fender bender over the summer. It just so happened on the day that she had a gap in her insurance because she did not listen to me and did not wait to cancel the one until the other was well in place. She "thought" she had insurance because she had the card and paid, but it started the next day. Anyway, she received a letter on 15 Sept from Bell LLC (They work for State Farm. I called and checked with them.) asking for her insurance information and giving her 30 days to comply. It also included a bill for nearly $6000. She sent them her information because, as I stated, she really thought she had insurance. On 28 Sept, they called her demanding payment or that they would have the BMV revoke her license. They gave her until 1 Oct to pay it and that there was no payment options. She was at work and upset, so I called them. They offered to settle for about half.

During the call, we were disconnected. I kept trying to call back but kept getting some message about the company having protocols that prohibit calls. I had literally just called them. We both tried multiple times a day until 8 Oct. On 8 Oct, for some reason, I was able to get through to voicemail. Because my daughter is a 20-year-old single mother working as an STNA (meaning she does not make a lot of money but more than minimum wage), she does not have an extra $3000 in her account. I offered to pay half so she could just pay me back.

On 11 Oct, I received a phone call from Bell LLC and paid the account for the settlement agreement in full. They said they would send a letter stating that it was paid. Instead, she got three letters yesterday dating as far back as 27 Sept and up to 12 Oct. According to one letter, on 27 Sept, Bell contacted the BMV to have her license revoked, even though it had not been 30 days from the date printed on the first letter, and included a statement form the BMV giving her the date of 29 Oct as the date of her suspension if she had not paid. The second was a letter from the BMV stating that her license was revoked on 28 Sept and that she has to pay to have it reinstated. The third letter, dated the day after I paid, was from Bell LLC stating that they had attempted to contact her several times without success and that they were having her license revoked and that she has 30 days to pay the nearly $6000. So, one letter says

She was at work when the mail went through yesterday, so she got them this morning. I contacted the BBB with a complain and uploaded all the letters, screenshots of the phone calls, and proof of the payment through my bank. Bell LLC will be getting a voicemail as soon as I can get through to them, and my daughter is calling the BMV tomorrow.

They wrongfully had her license suspended less than 30 days from her finding out that she even has a bill! And to say that she has not contacted them when she sent them her insurance information weeks ago and we both have had multiple phone conversations with them?! She was a mess before work this afternoon, and I am just really angry about the whole thing. I might even call State Farm and complain to them about who they have handling their contracts.

Okay. I am finished. Thank you.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Elphaba09 Elphaba09 Ugh!! I’m angry for you both!! :mad2:I hope you can get it straightened out.
Thank you for being angry for both of us!

I did some more digging on her insurance side of things. They rejected the claim on 8 Sept. In one day, it went from a rejection to this Bell LLC sending a letter giving her 30 days to pay and threatening her for non-payment. It is not a collections company, but they act like one! And, I read the BMV letter incorrectly: They suspended her license on 23 Sept. Bell LLC sent the letter about them contacting the BMV on the 27, the day before we spoke with them on the phone and arranged the settlement payment.

I am also pretty upset that the guy handling the claim was nasty to my daughter while being relatively civil to her. He never told her that they could do a settlement for less money and explicitly told her that payment plans were not available. His exact words were, "There are no payment options. You have until Friday, October the first to make payment in full or we will take action against you. The first action we'll take is to file with the Ohio BMV and have your license suspended. After that, we take you to court and garnish your wages at an aggressive rate until it is paid. Do you understand your options?" (She is in the habit of recording most of her calls because of Hobbit's father. If it is a number she does not know, she hits record. I let the BBB know that we have it. I may file with the Ohio Attorney General's office and/or the FTC.) She told him yes, asked if she could get back with him, and then called me crying. Why did he not tell her that they could do a settlement or that she had payment option. A crappy one, but a payment option nonetheless.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bell LLC got my message and emailed a letter to my daughter that she is to take to the BMV to get the license thing situated. She has to get a letter from the BMV to send to her insurance company to show that her license was suspended in error. He was nicer to her this time.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I might even call State Farm and complain to them about who they have handling their contracts.
Well. Many years ago, when I was still living with my parents, my car and I were simply added to my Dad's insurance, as it was cheaper that way. I paid him the additional premium amount each month. State Farm was his insurance company, and had been since, I think, sometime in the 1940's. In one of those, "OH COME ON, THIS CANT BE HAPPENING" happenings. the same kid hit my car twice in 24 hours, at the SAME INTERSECTION...and the same cop investigated it. The first time, he made an illegal turn and bashed the front fender. The second time, he ran the red light and T-boned me. State Farm informed my father that his insurance would double in rate because I was a high-risk driver, although our police reports clearly stated that I was totally in the right, both times, and was not at fault in any way. He switched insurance companies within a business week, and was giving a wonderful rate. I was thinking about them not too long ago, and thought to myself that they MUST be doing better, or they would have gone out of business. I guess not.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well. Many years ago, when I was still living with my parents, my car and I were simply added to my Dad's insurance, as it was cheaper that way. I paid him the additional premium amount each month. State Farm was his insurance company, and had been since, I think, sometime in the 1940's. In one of those, "OH COME ON, THIS CANT BE HAPPENING" happenings. the same kid hit my car twice in 24 hours, at the SAME INTERSECTION...and the same cop investigated it. The first time, he made an illegal turn and bashed the front fender. The second time, he ran the red light and T-boned me. State Farm informed my father that his insurance would double in rate because I was a high-risk driver, although our police reports clearly stated that I was totally in the right, both times, and was not at fault in any way. He switched insurance companies within a business week, and was giving a wonderful rate. I was thinking about them not too long ago, and thought to myself that they MUST be doing better, or they would have gone out of business. I guess not.

That is insane! I know most insurance companies increase rates for no-fault accidents--which I think is wrong--but when it was not your fault?! Oh my goodness!

She took the paper to the BMV and assumed that she would not have to pay a fine because it should not have been suspended in the first place. But guess what. She had to pay the fine. Now, I am even more upset! We are trying to get that straightened out now.

Status
Not open for further replies.