The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Storms through St Louis. Lots of property damage. The house that Tourmaline lives in (lived in) I heard destroyed. I'm trying to reach Sanya about their well being. The cat winter shelters and Sopdet's Cat tree that this crazy woman I live with Demands be kept behind garage are destroyed beyond repair. St Louis got hit really bad last night in the storms. Every day something happens and I'm such a jinx. I guess as long as I have to start all over again with the cat stuff I may as well see if I can do Cat City on Wheels type thing. Something that can be wheeled out of Moms sight quickly.

Storm Damage 1.jpg
Storm Damage 2.jpg
Storm Damage 3.jpg
Storm Damage 4.jpg

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 387426View attachment 387426
This was across my lane day before yesterday. Storms came through and knocked it down.
Yes but Tourmaline is homeless again. The ferals here always lived outside. But this is terrible. And wicked demented woman here is acting up again. Ugh

Here we go again. A repeat of last night right this very minute. Tourmaline has still not been found. Neither has her 2 other cats. She's been searching for 7 hours.

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Treasure got stuck in the flooded area. Remember Treasure is not a very smart cat. I've said this a million times already. And at the moment I'm no good to Mom, the cats or even a flea if need be. Not only is my arm in a sling but I also just sprained my ankle because this demented woman here forced me to pick up branches and all with lightning outside. I don't know where Treasure is now. Sopdet is the only smart one of all these cats. As far as the others, yes Tourmaline spent a year outside. But that was here. The house he is now at is 15 miles away. He doesn't know the area. The other two have never been outside.

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My dad came to visit this weekend and just left. It’s been almost 2 years since I had seen him and now I’m unexpectedly emotional that the visit is over. 😞

I finally got to take him to a British fish & chip shop that I love. We both love a good fish fry. But he went and ordered shepherds pie. :lol: He sat with my kids while I was at a doctors appointment. Getting to do a grandpa thing like that was neat in a way. We went mini-golfing. The whole visit went so fast! 😔

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what's going on with that little girl and CPS. If things do stay the same, I don't think she'll be attending school in the fall. Her family isn't vaccinated, and I can see them using the Delta variant as an excuse to keep her home.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Tourmaline and the other 2 cats still have not been found. My friend is frantic. The main issue with Tourmaline is that yes he knows how to survive out on the streets. He did for a year when I was selfish and tried to fit him in with my colony. the problem that due to the other health issues and the 1% survival rate when I found him at 7:15 am on April 25th he was not vaccinated. So he could easily get the parasites again and much more quick then before, passing on to her other 2 cats. I never deserved him. He was too good of a cat and all of this could have been avoided had I did the right thing when he first showed up at my doorstep last year. And please don't say otherwise. Because I know that I was selfish. I didn't want to let him go as he showed up just at the time Shaman disappeared. Now I have this tremendous guilt to hang over me for the last 30 years of my life. :(

I sprained my ankle yesterday trying to clean up some of this debris in the yard wild woman here demanded be cleaned up, while it was lightning outside. Add that to the humerus I fractured again. And Mom refuses to see a doctor or go to AL. I'm no use to anyone right now. And I still haven't got over the back injury of 3 months ago (just before Tourmaline got sick)

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
:lol:wondering if the tail is really the part that goes first on rats/mice when a cat catches them seems like all graycies toy mice get the tail chewed off first
Yes, most of the dead mice I find at my mom’s house as missing their tail and sometimes lower half. And pretty much all the play mice at my house have no remain tails. I suppose it makes sense not to grab a mouse by the bitey end.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Cooked some chicken for the cats and me. I just cubed, put in my Cosori, added water and cooked. Treasure and Sopdet loved it and one or the other are usually picky. This btw is for treats so I bagged the rest and put in freezer for them. Much cheaper then buying that Fancy Feast chicken fillets they have. I should have cooled the broth though and added sparingly. Flies got to it so had to pitch.

Hobbled outside to rake (one armed) the twigs and leaves that fell before we wind up with an even worse problem of possible fires when the stupid rain started again. My timing is impeccable. :rolleyes:

Please excuse the messy table. The cats got up there with their dirty paws and then knocked the chicken onto the concrete around it. Cat food in the unused trash can below to keep out of Mom's sight.
6D8BE54A-04C3-4855-8B1D-368EF5C954D2.jpeg
B46404CB-BFB5-496F-81F3-40CCFD3425AA.jpeg

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Cooked some chicken for the cats and me. I just cubed, put in my Cosori, added water and cooked. Treasure and Sopdet loved it and one or the other are usually picky. This btw is for treats so I bagged the rest and put in freezer for them. Much cheaper then buying that Fancy Feast chicken fillets they have. I should have cooled the broth though and added sparingly. Flies got to it so had to pitch.

Hobbled outside to rake (one armed) the twigs and leaves that fell before we wind up with an even worse problem of possible fires when the stupid rain started again. My timing is impeccable. :rolleyes:

Please excuse the messy table. The cats got up there with their dirty paws and then knocked the chicken onto the concrete around it. Cat food in the unused trash can below to keep out of Mom's sight.
View attachment 387519View attachment 387520
I am sure the cats appreciated such a delicious treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.