The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm wondering if it still is connected with the intruder last week. It's not warm enough for me to get his scent off and the cats are avoiding the areas that he touched. You would have thought being outside and cold that the area would have aired out.

Anyway getting 3 shelters from the feral society filled with straw and extra straw. Now to keep Treasure from claiming these 3 shelters to himself as he thinks he owns all the houses on the street, everyone's cars and so on lol
MoonstoneWolf MoonstoneWolf - could be ? they are very careful cats and maybe it will go away in time ? how are you doing ?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
At first I imagine a pet bed sitting somewhere,
Actually, that little green corner of something in the bottom left is a heated bed. She curls up in that, and then comes over to sprawl out and let me pat her when she's all toasty. It's a great hand warmer
, but don't tell her that...She'd quit!
it would also help keep kitty off the laptop/in front of the monitor! <3
To some degree. But let me get up and walk away? She sends emails around the world!

Oh, I want her! What a beautiful baby. 😍
Thank you! I, of course, agree with you with all of my heart. She's a stunning cat, and was even more so when younger. As she ages, the deep, deep orange has become a bit rusty, and more prevalent. When she was a young cat, the oranges were so deep and the blacks so pure that she looked like a forest fire at night on a mountainside.

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
Actually, that little green corner of something in the bottom left is a heated bed. She curls up in that, and then comes over to sprawl out and let me pat her when she's all toasty. It's a great hand warmer
, but don't tell her that...She'd quit!

To some degree. But let me get up and walk away? She sends emails around the world!

Thank you! I, of course, agree with you with all of my heart. She's a stunning cat, and was even more so when younger. As she ages, the deep, deep orange has become a bit rusty, and more prevalent. When she was a young cat, the oranges were so deep and the blacks so pure that she looked like a forest fire at night on a mountainside.
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 - i am in love with hekitty lol

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
MoonstoneWolf MoonstoneWolf - could be ? they are very careful cats and maybe it will go away in time ? how are you doing ?
I'm ok. I have 3 days to get Tourmaline comfortable going into the new shelter. Otherwise I'll have to put straw in that tent she loves and place in there. Treasure may lay claim to everything but he can only sleep in one at a time. Getting our bitter cold weather in on Saturday morning. Hopefully Tourmaline will know to go somewhere warm if she doesn't trust the new shelters by then, Treasure and Sopdet know where to go because they spent 6 years living outside being born feral but Tourmaline isn't feral. She's unaffected by catnip so that doesn't work with her and I'm not putting food near it because of raccoons.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don’t talk yourself out of applying W WillowMarie ! You listed all the reasons you should and they were good ones.
Thank you for the peptalk. I did technically miss the deadline... :heartshape: I'm reminding myself of a lesson I learned last December about not accepting a job that is well under payed, especially for the amount of experience I had. Back then when I left that job after they refused to review me after the two week period they mentioned at interview for a possible raise, at first I was discouraged because multiple offers after that were lower than what I was looking for, but then a few interview and job offers later someone really wanted me and was willing to pay me what I asked for. While minimum wage is higher in my area, the job was at or just above minimum wage and know I can do a lot better. I'm trying to remind myself not to settle like I did in the past. That sometimes you have to pass on things for an even better opportunity that is a better fit.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the peptalk. I did technically miss the deadline... :heartshape: I'm reminding myself of a lesson I learned last December about not accepting a job that is well under payed, especially for the amount of experience I had. Back then when I left that job after they refused to review me after the two week period they mentioned at interview for a possible raise, at first I was discouraged because multiple offers after that were lower than what I was looking for, but then a few interview and job offers later someone really wanted me and was willing to pay me what I asked for. While minimum wage is higher in my area, the job was at or just above minimum wage and know I can do a lot better. I'm trying to remind myself not to settle like I did in the past. That sometimes you have to pass on things for an even better opportunity that is a better fit.
I would still apply. You might not get that one but they may keep your application/resume and "remember" you when the next one comes available.

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
I'm ok. I have 3 days to get Tourmaline comfortable going into the new shelter. Otherwise I'll have to put straw in that tent she loves and place in there. Treasure may lay claim to everything but he can only sleep in one at a time. Getting our bitter cold weather in on Saturday morning. Hopefully Tourmaline will know to go somewhere warm if she doesn't trust the new shelters by then, Treasure and Sopdet know where to go because they spent 6 years living outside being born feral but Tourmaline isn't feral. She's unaffected by catnip so that doesn't work with her and I'm not putting food near it because of raccoons.
MoonstoneWolf MoonstoneWolf - where did you come up with your cat names ? i love them lol . i hope that you are keeping warm there ?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
MoonstoneWolf MoonstoneWolf - where did you come up with your cat names ? i love them lol . i hope that you are keeping warm there ?
In late June 2018 I fell and fractured my humerus. All the healing went to that area and so being inside I was cold. So with arm in sling I went outside and that's when I saw the white calico cat looking at me. Everytime I was sick, hurting or sad she would show. So I named her Shaman as she had a knowing that I needed her. She then brought a black long hair cat that followed her and I named that one Shadow (not because a popular name for cats but because she shadowed Shaman. Then there was the light tan tabby that Shaman brought and I wasn't overly creative that day so named him Treasure. Treasure in turn brought a black cat that appeared to have a whte star on the head so I gave the name Wichapi which is Lakota for Star. (I follow a shamanic path). One day I saw "Treasure" running across the street almost getting hit by a car and scolded him. That's when I saw the real Treasure and I was scolding a new tabby. I named him Noobs for new cat on the block. But soon I noticed that there were 2 noobs so I broke their names into Ambrose for Amber and Cooper for Copper. Ambrose found a home up the street although they moved away. Cooper was a dumped pet as he came to me, knew the hand motions etc. But his visits are sporadic. CG stands for Collar Guy or Collar Girl. Cat with purple collar. Terrified of humans. I suspect abuse sadly. Then there was a cat that would slink in and out at night like a ghost aggravating Treasure so I named that one Spirit. After Treasure and Shaman had a falling out with each other (long story) Shaman brought a pure black cat (not Shadow) to the food area. Spirit also came with her. So I named the black one Gypsy. Shaman and CG disappeared together on April 19th. No one claims to have seen her so I don't know if they found a home, got picked up or hurt. So, 3 days after Shaman disappears, a huge marble tabby that looked like the color of one of my tourmaline stones showed up. I eventually named her Tourmaline. Wichapi tamed a bit, came close noticed it wasn't a star but the white around her neck looked like an Egyptian necklace so I changed her name to Sopdet. She never heard me call her Wichapi so there was not adjustment. After Tourmaline (just a few months ago) was accepted by Treasure and Sopdet in the little colony here, a saw another cat look just like her only fur is darker and more black so keeping with the stone theme of the marble tabbies, I called this one Onyx.

I have several threads in the Feral forum detailing my journey with these cats.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm feeling really bad. Cold and kinda clammy. Then hot. The pain isn't improving. I've been trying everything to release the clog - which has gotten huge, so now I know where it is - with no success. I called the doctor back today asking if I should come in and have them check for an abscess. They told me to wait it out until Friday. John works on Friday and I won't have a car so realistically, I'll be stuck until Monday unless I go to the ER, which i don't want to do unless it's absolutely unavoidable because I don't want to risk covid exposure. John works the next 4 days and I'm gonna be on my own with the kids while feeling like death.
Sorry for the grumbling. I'm just miserable.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats are spooked by some guy in street behind us hammering. I think he works days and is renovating his home as I usually only hear this at night time going on for a year. Nevertheless I put a cam up in an area to watch that area. The cats seems to know that the cams help them stay safe. Of course I won't be able to see if they take to the new shelters but oh well.

Tourmaline is suffering Morris Syndrome again. These cats can drive me nuts sometimes but I love them. I'm getting to where I put out one bowl of kibble and one of wet. They decide what they want. lol

Last edited:

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
In late June 2018 I fell and fractured my humerus. All the healing went to that area and so being inside I was cold. So with arm in sling I went outside and that's when I saw the white calico cat looking at me. Everytime I was sick, hurting or sad she would show. So I named her Shaman as she had a knowing that I needed her. She then brought a black long hair cat that followed her and I named that one Shadow (not because a popular name for cats but because she shadowed Shaman. Then there was the light tan tabby that Shaman brought and I wasn't overly creative that day so named him Treasure. Treasure in turn brought a black cat that appeared to have a whte star on the head so I gave the name Wichapi which is Lakota for Star. (I follow a shamanic path). One day I saw "Treasure" running across the street almost getting hit by a car and scolded him. That's when I saw the real Treasure and I was scolding a new tabby. I named him Noobs for new cat on the block. But soon I noticed that there were 2 noobs so I broke their names into Ambrose for Amber and Cooper for Copper. Ambrose found a home up the street although they moved away. Cooper was a dumped pet as he came to me, knew the hand motions etc. But his visits are sporadic. CG stands for Collar Guy or Collar Girl. Cat with purple collar. Terrified of humans. I suspect abuse sadly. Then there was a cat that would slink in and out at night like a ghost aggravating Treasure so I named that one Spirit. After Treasure and Shaman had a falling out with each other (long story) Shaman brought a pure black cat (not Shadow) to the food area. Spirit also came with her. So I named the black one Gypsy. Shaman and CG disappeared together on April 19th. No one claims to have seen her so I don't know if they found a home, got picked up or hurt. So, 3 days after Shaman disappears, a huge marble tabby that looked like the color of one of my tourmaline stones showed up. I eventually named her Tourmaline. Wichapi tamed a bit, came close noticed it wasn't a star but the white around her neck looked like an Egyptian necklace so I changed her name to Sopdet. She never heard me call her Wichapi so there was not adjustment. After Tourmaline (just a few months ago) was accepted by Treasure and Sopdet in the little colony here, a saw another cat look just like her only fur is darker and more black so keeping with the stone theme of the marble tabbies, I called this one Onyx.

I have several threads in the Feral forum detailing my journey with these cats.
MoonstoneWolf MoonstoneWolf - that was an interesting story about your cats

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm home. Coincidentally, my OB was there pulling a baby out of someone and she made the call. And she said the antibiotic I was originally given is basically worthless with mastitis. She prescribed something stronger.
I went to my GP instead of my OB because I didn't immediately think it was mastitis. I thought I'd maybe hurt myself when I fell on the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.