Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I had an not fun morning. I went to get gas and as I was returning to the car dropped my credit card
between the driver and passenger seat. Usually just just pick it up, but in the process of trying it slid underneath the metal leg bracket that attaches the seat to the floor board. Apparently a credit card is exactly the same space as the spot underneath, so nothing I could grab, no visibility and not enough space to get a finger under the bracket to push it out. After spending ten minutes at the gas station I returned home and pulled out every tool that might work. 45 minutes later in the very cold garage I managed to get enough of a corner of the card pushed out so I could use a plier to pull it all the way out. It’s a bit bent from the effort so I might still need to order a new card.

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dropped my credit card between the driver and passenger seat.
A woman died after dropping her card in a parking garage. She opened the door to reach down to get it and accidentally hit the gas peddle, crushed her head between the door. 😢 I will always be careful when reaching down for something now.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH wanted a metal detector for Christmas but I only got him a pinpointer one because I figured that was enough for the times we drop stuff in the grass. Well; the kids and I were just out there looking for the septic guy’s wedding band! :doh:

Almost my whole yard is torn up and the wind has blown the straw away in most of the yard; but we tried!

The guy is supposed to come by with a proper metal detector but we thought we’d look. Its sunny but very cold and windy. DS has a metal detector truck they tried with. We found a bolt, some glass and a pair of needle nose plyers from the 1900s!! The kids were amazed!:flail:

DD made us all hot chocolate when I came in. I sent her in before me because her hands were so red when she took her gloves off for a minute. I wore this fleece hood thing I got DH that covers your neck and face too. That thing is fabulous!! Even in the wind I stayed pretty comfortable. My legs got cold in jeans and thermals; but my head was ok!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
DH wanted a metal detector for Christmas but I only got him a pinpointer one because I figured that was enough for the times we drop stuff in the grass. Well; the kids and I were just out there looking for the septic guy’s wedding band! :doh:

Almost my whole yard is torn up and the wind has blown the straw away in most of the yard; but we tried!

The guy is supposed to come by with a proper metal detector but we thought we’d look. Its sunny but very cold and windy. DS has a metal detector truck they tried with. We found a bolt, some glass and a pair of needle nose plyers from the 1900s!! The kids were amazed!:flail:

DD made us all hot chocolate when I came in. I sent her in before me because her hands were so red when she took her gloves off for a minute. I wore this fleece hood thing I got DH that covers your neck and face too. That thing is fabulous!! Even in the wind I stayed pretty comfortable. My legs got cold in jeans and thermals; but my head was ok!
Metal Detecting is SUCH a fun hobby for any age. A good starter detector runs around $300 and Mid range around $600 but so worth it. I have been detecting since 2007 and have a big collection of beautiful gold rings to show for it so there is something in it for you as well.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Metal Detecting is SUCH a fun hobby for any age. A good starter detector runs around $300 and Mid range around $600 but so worth it. I have been detecting since 2007 and have a big collection of beautiful gold rings to show for it so there is something in it for you as well.
I know he found a couple with good reviews that were decently priced on Amazon. I am just afraid of not really having anywhere to use it. We need to look into where we can go. My kids are fascinated with it because of watching The Curse of Oak Island on tv. :lol:

I saw the guy out there with a metal detector but I don't know if he found his ring. I really hope he did!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Crazy couple of days. OMG.. Water issues in the building!

On Thursday, a main pipe, located in the main pipe room, broke.
That meant absolutely no water to the entire building!
This issue too al day to fix... so no shower, no washing dishes, no flushing, etc... It was horrible.
I need my daily shower!! and washing my hands a hundred times a day!

It was a good thing I have plenty of water in storage; along with baby wipes. I used up using baby wipes, a sanitizing wipe and hand sanitizer, in order to clean my hands. I felt so dirty all day.. Used the baby wipes after the toilet paper. I had to put the toilet paper in a doggy poop bag..

Very late Thursday afternoon, the water came back on!! Hooray!! But never got up to temp.. It was freezing cold! all night! so still no water to wash with..

Went to bed, hoping that it would warm up overnight, and the pipes would not freeze. I trickled the water in the facets all night.. we were having single digit temps with below 0 wind chills.

Friday morning:
Woke up, still had freezing cold water. I filled up almost all of the pans I have, including tea kettle, with water; Thinking that if they have to shut the water off again, I will at least have some, in addition to the spring water I was drinking.
I could heat up the water on the stove, in order to wash dishes, and wash up...

I had to go out to get my eyeglasses readjusted---masks are misaligning the focal point. I need to see. I did heat up the water, washed the dishes, and washed out.

It was not until very late afternoon that the hot water came on.
The break in the water pipe, somehow caused 2 circulating pumps to fail!! They had to fix shows pumps before we had hot water...

YIKES!!

Needless to say: My shower this morning, will feel so good...
I also have a ton of things to do around here, since I could not do much, since Wednesday... ugh..
Saturday and Sunday will be busy days.. once I get going..

ugh..

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Woke up with heartburn in the middle of last night and didn't quite go away fully. Normally heart burn chewables do not work, but gum does. I had a free sample for a gum antacid, but it ended up not helping, haha. The outer part was a antacid chewable, which was weird! In the morning when still feeling it, I drank some chocolate milk that did the trick! Sometimes eating tomato sauce for dinner can trigger heartburn for me and remembered I had pizza for dinner, which probably did it.

Proud of myself this morning. I was thinking of mentioning to my mom about my heartburn, but decided against it. Last few times I mentioned it her first response has always been "I didn't know that you experience heartburn," like she is offended I didn't tell her. She gets butthurt easily that I don't tell her everything. It made for a much calmer morning just keeping information omitted. Sometimes I start to feel comfortable and maybe it is safe sharing things, but then it often ends negatively and wonder why I didn't keep it to myself. So go me on my self-restraint this morning!

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My friend and I have long text messages that turned into e-mails. This week has left me feeling burned out and distracted, but I finally dug in and started reading her replies and starting mine. Feels silly I kept putting it off as I'm really enjoying reading and responding! It is long, ended up being 42 pages and a second document with 15 pages... we are both talkers and question askers, so it feels like it keeps growing! haha. I warned her my last reply was epically long! But to be fair, she did ask atleast 10 new questions at the end of her previous message that increased the length... ;P I'm on page 5 after maybe an hour of replying :flail: We delete old parts, so when I'm responding I am deleting my last message she replied to but leaving her replies with my new replies.

It's been a while since having a friend that is mutually interested in keeping in contact and shows interest on a regular basis. I craved this type of connection for a while and missed feeling like I had a close friend.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Last week, I disappeared entirely and spent the week cleaning/organizing my entire apartment. The best thing is, my office is now so pretty and uncluttered that I'm working from there again, instead of on a TV tray in the living room. I can't begin to tell you all how peaceful my home feels to me! And Hekitty is ecstatic! She can now flop out on the office daybed and demand pats from me while I'm answering emails and posting here.

I'm going out for breakfast with a friend in the morning. I haven't been out to eat in months and months. WILDLY excited! The restaurant is hyper-careful. They are seating at 25% capacity, with all of the tables spread out. They suggested we come during church hours tomorrow, when there probably won't be more than 4-5 tables of customers (they can handle 10), so that's what we are doing.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never cared too much about clothes, but I was talking to a friend and they said that cultivating my own style might go a long way towards letting me stop caring so much about what other people think of me. I should be able to *enjoy* what I wear.

I've decided to take their advice.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Treasure got into a fight with Tourmaline this morning. Tourmaline ran off and hasn't been seen since. This is exactly what happened with Shaman who contrary to all the "She'll be back" has never returned. So worried now that she may take off for good like Shaman did or is hurt somewhere. I really do not know if I can keep doing this. It's cold, it's snowing and now this with a cat that isn't even feral. :(

I have tried and tried and tried and tried and never get any cooperation from my neighbors or animal experts around here. Everyone in my neighborhood wants kittens, no one wants to take in a full grown cat (again in my neighborhood). Treasure and Sopdet I worry about but no so much because they are feral (or were) and grew up with this. But a pet that's dumped, she's not used to it. And I do not care what anyone says, how do you know that a cat lives in the moment? Wondering how many people asked a cat that question and got an answer? She's probably off thinking I sent Treasure after her. :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.