The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My daughter-in-law is over the worst of it, but it is still feeling awful. It was particularly scary because she has Stage 3 kidney disease and has a compromised immune system. Now, their friend who rents a room from them is sick. My son may be sick by now, considering how quickly it hits.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
After searching the internet for weeks and hours on end, I've finally found a minimalistic looking design that I love and would like to recreate in a cargo van. After careful consideration of all other options, I think at my age and current stage in life, an RV might be a little too much (initial purchase and several other reasons). Once I get the van and start planning, I think I'll make a thread here to document the process!
View attachment 373166
Photo from @whitecampervan on instagram.
Sounds like a great adventure in the making. I am watching the move “Nomadland“ about a woman on the road with her van.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
See, that's what would happen here if I got a mohawk. The people who know me and my work would absolutely understand that my hair (or anything else for that matter) doesn't change who I am or the love and care I put into my work. It's the owner who is very obsessed with appearance and "status" if you will. He drives a Tesla, therefore he's better than us and people will see him as more important (or so he thinks). I wish he'd loosen up on it, but in a way I understand that the death care industry is WAY behind in times. In fact, most people don't really know this, but most funeral homes are still pretty segregated. Not by choice of the funeral homes, but actually by the families choosing the funeral homes. Many cemeteries are as well.

As for my tattoos and piercings, they all have a really strong meaning for me. Nothing fancy on the ears, just stainless steel guys loops, but I got my left ear pierced when I went to go sing in Ireland and my right one pierced in Hawaii for my parents 25th anniversary.
As for my tattoos, I have the sun on the back of my neck and the astronomical symbols for the planets down my left arm (I have my Masters in Astrophysics), generic paw prints down my right arm (matching the planets in how they're placed) and a memorial on my right ribcage for a bunch of pets that came to my work with no names, no homes, no owners, so they'd never be forgotten.
View attachment 373290View attachment 373292View attachment 373294
You can kinda see the sun, planets and paw prints in the weight bag picture.

But I plan to get a LOT more. Just hard with work because I can't have open wounds due to what I do.
Nice ink!! and shirts!! I love Chonk, so cute!!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
My daughter-in-law is over the worst of it, but it is still feeling awful. It was particularly scary because she has Stage 3 kidney disease and has a compromised immune system. Now, their friend who rents a room from them is sick. My son may be sick by now, considering how quickly it hits.
That bug is a nasty one!! How is everyone now?💖

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Felix and Harvey are best friends now. They follow each other around the house and my mom and I have caught them playing with each other. I didn't think their brief time together when Harvey was a kitten would have made a difference but it clearly did. Felix even follows him outside and Felix hates outside. Them getting along has also toned down the fights between them and Fayola because they focus on each other instead of her.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
See, that's what would happen here if I got a mohawk. The people who know me and my work would absolutely understand that my hair (or anything else for that matter) doesn't change who I am or the love and care I put into my work. It's the owner who is very obsessed with appearance and "status" if you will. He drives a Tesla, therefore he's better than us and people will see him as more important (or so he thinks). I wish he'd loosen up on it, but in a way I understand that the death care industry is WAY behind in times. In fact, most people don't really know this, but most funeral homes are still pretty segregated. Not by choice of the funeral homes, but actually by the families choosing the funeral homes. Many cemeteries are as well.

As for my tattoos and piercings, they all have a really strong meaning for me. Nothing fancy on the ears, just stainless steel guys loops, but I got my left ear pierced when I went to go sing in Ireland and my right one pierced in Hawaii for my parents 25th anniversary.
As for my tattoos, I have the sun on the back of my neck and the astronomical symbols for the planets down my left arm (I have my Masters in Astrophysics), generic paw prints down my right arm (matching the planets in how they're placed) and a memorial on my right ribcage for a bunch of pets that came to my work with no names, no homes, no owners, so they'd never be forgotten.
View attachment 373290View attachment 373292View attachment 373294
You can kinda see the sun, planets and paw prints in the weight bag picture.

But I plan to get a LOT more. Just hard with work because I can't have open wounds due to what I do.
That's neat even the piercings have a backstory and are special reminders for you. My eyebrow piercing's were something special when I hit 18 since I could legally get one after wanting one for so long, and the second was for my 20th birthday.

Love the tattoos! The meaning behind the one on your side and seeing the picture made me tear up at how sweet and sad that is. Very touching. And love the kitty paws with your kitty in the pic <3 Very neat.

That makes sense with work. When you are able to get more, have any picked out/planned for?

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
That's neat even the piercings have a backstory and are special reminders for you. My eyebrow piercing's were something special when I hit 18 since I could legally get one after wanting one for so long, and the second was for my 20th birthday.

Love the tattoos! The meaning behind the one on your side and seeing the picture made me tear up at how sweet and sad that is. Very touching. And love the kitty paws with your kitty in the pic <3 Very neat.

That makes sense with work. When you are able to get more, have any picked out/planned for?
I have a LOT more to get 😆
I'm going to add more paw prints to my side, I've got a tribute tattoo for my dad since he unexpectedly passed away back in June, I'm saving spots on my upper chest (right side for my boy cat's prints, left side for my girl cat's prints) and I want to get this below my sun on my spine
IMG_20191202_210701.jpg

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Youngest goes back to in person school and I am nervous. Not because of Covid. Moreso because he was doing so well online and had adapted to the schedule so well and now everything is changing. Up even earlier (he is not a morning person), less time to get ready before he has to get to the bus stop, and how the school is conducting the school day (more like prison than school). Luckily if things don't go well (either in my opinion or his), it is easy to switch back to 100% virtual learning.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was the 1 year anniversary of Covid lockdowns for LA. In some ways, I can’t believe it’s already been a year, but in other ways, it has felt so long.
Yea, it's crazy it has been a year. I feel like I had so much I wanted to get done, but ended up worse off in the end... Trying to go easy on myself though because this past year has been crazy tough for so many. I survived somehow, which is a good thing.

I have a LOT more to get 😆
I'm going to add more paw prints to my side, I've got a tribute tattoo for my dad since he unexpectedly passed away back in June, I'm saving spots on my upper chest (right side for my boy cat's prints, left side for my girl cat's prints) and I want to get this below my sun on my spine
Sounds awesome! Love all the cat themes!

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Waiting for it to snow. Not cold, just wet and slushy for next 24 hours. Got groceries this morning and will do laundry and start a puzzle this afternoon
Has it started yet?? After reading this Iooked out and it is coming down pretty hard. One last beautiful snowfall?

Status
Not open for further replies.