The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's a miniature sheepadoodle. I *think* he's two months old, but don't quote me on that!
Do they have an idea of how big he'll get? OESs are massive, so I wonder if "miniature" means "maybe 50 pounds" or smaller than that. I suppose if the breeder was breeding for size for a few generations they might get smaller. . .

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's a thought. If your neighborhood park has a tiny pool that's not even 2 feet deep, you should probably still accompany your kids. Yes, there's a lifeguard, but when there are 20 kids and only 2 mothers with their kids, that leaves a lot of kids for one lifeguard. And it takes very little water to drown a child.

Also, if you are going to send your kids for the lifeguard to babysit, make sure they know that's it's not ok to spray a tiny baby in the face with a water gun. Ok, rant over.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I do not understand parents who do not supervise their own children in pools, no matter how shallow. Or have a GOOD friend doing it. Used to drive my mother crazy when someone would reserve a 3rd floor room "with a balcony, so we can watch the kids swim." WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO DO FROM THE THIRD FLOOR IF THERE IS AN EMERGENCY??? Thankfully, we never had a drowning.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a cousin who drowned. Granted, it was a lake, not a wading pool. He was out on a boat and a storm came up. The boat capsized. He was a strong swimmer and swam to the boat to get his buddy a life jacket. Went back to get one for himself. Then, he hit his head on a rock. A life jacket isn't going to help much if you're unconscious.
Regardless, water is dangerous.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sitting outside (better internet reception for my phone) and there are fireflies! It seems early, plus they tend to prefer wet conditions. I hope they can survive this dry year. I just love fireflies.
I’ve never seen a firefly. We don’t have them here, but theyre something I’ve always wanted to see.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you get your yearly blood test, do they check for STDs? I had a blood transfusion when I had my operation, so just wondering if they check for that. It's always in the back of my mind. If not, would Medicaid cover an STD test? Are they expensive?

My doctor didn't really say what she checked for, she just said "Everything's perfect, except glucose is a little low. Eat more protein." She didn't say if they checked for diseases.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
When you get your yearly blood test, do they check for STDs? I had a blood transfusion when I had my operation, so just wondering if they check for that. It's always in the back of my mind. If not, would Medicaid cover an STD test? Are they expensive?

My doctor didn't really say what she checked for, she just said "Everything's perfect, except glucose is a little low. Eat more protein." She didn't say if they checked for diseases.
No need to worry. Blood used for transfusions is carefully checked for anything that could be transmitted including HIV, hepatitis etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.