The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MistyMorening

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat, Misty, keeps having trouble--chewing through cables making my roommate angry. She's not allowed to go outside because of how rainy it is, even though she loves going out. When I go to visit my family, I like to train her to run up to the door, and I did, if you pat her back twice, she'll run up to the door. Plus, I trained her to run along side you without the leash. The faster you go, the faster she goes. The only problem is that she's been going through a lot--buildups during her heat before she was spayed, terror of the parking lot, probably remembering the vet, meowing all night when she wants cuddles, (my roommate wants her to sleep in a cage.) and she's always twitching violently in her sleep. She's got scabbed paws, and I don't exactly know what to do. She goes crazy when it snows, trying to bat at the window to get it, and she never gets to go outside in it. She has been falling over a lot and she's been extremely lazy--laying down and scooping out her food from her bowl so she can eat while laying down (:headshake:) and she'll stare at you until you pick her up and put her up wherever she wants to go--it's like she doesn't know how to jump up. She's getting actually pretty skinny even though she's always acting like a glutton. She sleeps with her mouth open, and she makes whistling noises as she does, and she's always trembling when she breaths. She hates it when she's ignored, so you don't really get any time without her. I feel like it's my fault she became this way--getting too excited and giving her too much love when I got her that she can't live without a bunch of love. She chews on cardboard, books, and no matter how many toys I buy her, she's always sharpening her claws on my dad's bed instead of the scratching board I got her. Not only that, but soon, I'm going to have to go in to work, and I don't know how to give her the love she needs during that time. But I can't stay at home--I need to go, whether I like it or not. I'm sorry I wrote so much--I've just been really stressed during this time. It feels nice to get it off my shoulders. Thanks to whoever made this thread--and to everyone who is also typing here. This year has been harsh--but at least we have our amazing cats and other pets to keep our hopes up, and making us smile.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, I was definitely getting to the point where I was going to vacuum whether he was up or not. It was after 1pm and he wasn't up yet.
I know I did that a time or two. :lol:
I'm wondering if I remembered to put on deodorant today. :think: I'm beginning to think the answer is no. :doh:
Hand sanitizer! Ask me how I know. 😅 Lotion will help in a pinch too. I remember forgetting one evening at a church thing when I was a teen and I was mortified (in the teenage way) because my crush was there! What if he actually got close enough to know! 😱 Because I definitely wasn’t brave enough to actually talk to him. :flail: Lotion was my mom’s rescue remedy and it did work. Or maybe it just calmed me down. :rolleyes2:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know I did that a time or two. :lol:

Hand sanitizer! Ask me how I know. 😅 Lotion will help in a pinch too. I remember forgetting one evening at a church thing when I was a teen and I was mortified (in the teenage way) because my crush was there! What if he actually got close enough to know! 😱 Because I definitely wasn’t brave enough to actually talk to him. :flail: Lotion was my mom’s rescue remedy and it did work. Or maybe it just calmed me down. :rolleyes2:
Luckily, the day is pretty slow so I'm not working up a sweat. Only got an hour to go and then I can head home. I won't really care once I get home. :lol:

MistyMorening

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
M MistyMorening i love and enjoy coloring ... i have tons of coloring books ( adult ones) and i will choose something that she might enjoy ( a nice kitty one lol)
I think it's amazing you have such talent—coloring can be relaxing especially when it's about animals you love—I love it when the colors pop out at you, beautifully, and I'm sure anyone who gets anything from somebody amazing will love them to the death—Like Misty loves her snake toy, for instance, and that's why I'm sure it'll be amazing—especially if you put your heart in it. Good luck!

MistyMorening

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
M MistyMorening i am very artistic with my coloring and it takes me awhile to get the picture done sometimes . i have many hobbies that i enjoy doing
I can imagine—even I don't have the patience to deal with it. Sometimes I'll give up since it takes so long—I am working on a book and I have to color in the cover which I'm not looking forward to, if I'm being completely honest. I like patterned drawings to color in the most—especially Zen tangles.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If we put my daughter (supervised) on or next to the couch, she starts scratching at it. I blame Sparkle. :p Surely my baby wouldn't have figured that out on her own, right? :lol:
Ali does that, too. And sometimes when crawling, she tries using her feet instead of her knees. And the other day, I caught her itching her ear with her foot.

Babypinkweeb

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Took Nugget to the vet today for some issues, but the most interesting thing was that he gained about 0.5-1lb since I got him 1.5 months ago! I was worried he was losing weight if anything since he feels very lean. Now I'm happy when the vet tells me he is a good size and it must have been muscle gain! 💪

Status
Not open for further replies.