Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Since it's the start of Memorial Day weekend here in the States, I thought that I would include this. Michele and me took a trip to Cuba- no, not that one, but rather the small town in southern Allegany County. There is a guy who does sand sculptures, and this is one he did forthe the occasion, and to fundraise for veterans.View attachment 382436
Thank you for sharing this wonderful sculpture, N NY cat man . It’s very moving.

I’m always reminded at this time of year of the poem For the Fallen by Laurence Binyon (1869-1943), first published in 1914, particularly this stanza:

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:​
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.​
At the going down of the sun and in the morning​
We will remember them.​

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for sharing this wonderful sculpture, N NY cat man . It’s very moving.

I’m always reminded at this time of year of the poem For the Fallen by Laurence Binyon (1869-1943), first published in 1914, particularly this stanza:

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:​
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.​
At the going down of the sun and in the morning​
We will remember them.​
That's a good one, but I prefer John McCrae's 'In Flanders Fields'
We are the Dead, short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch, be yours to hold on high
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
That's a good one, but I prefer John McCrae's 'In Flanders Fields'
We are the Dead, short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch, be yours to hold on high
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields
That’s the other one I always read and reread every year.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I looked at the forecast last week, it said it wasn't supposed to rain tomorrow. So I planned Ali's outdoor birthday party. Looked again last night and now there's a 60% chance of rain. 🙄

None of the family has an indoor space that's big enough. So, I called the bakery and asked to postpone our cake order until Wednesday. Tuesday, I'm going to call the housing office and see if I can rent the community building. They'd shut it down during covid and I don't know if they've opened it back up. If not, I don't have any other ideas.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Stress fest. Between nerves over my pending eye surgery and some very not good things going on with my brother I have been at the far end of the stress scale. On the good side, all of my closets are looking very organized and tidy from my distressing cleaning. I realized I have enough virus killing sprays and cleaners to last until the end of this decade.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have thoroughly enjoyed this wet and cool weekend. First because it has been VERY dry this month so we needed the rain! Second because it’s perfect napping weather. Third because we were able to spend the weekend painting the shutters and exterior doors in the garage in relative comfort. No sweating required! :lol: Its not so damp that the paint can’t dry either. I took a 2-3 hour nap yesterday, another on Friday and still slept good the last 2 nights. I must have needed it!!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Stress fest. Between nerves over my pending eye surgery and some very not good things going on with my brother I have been at the far end of the stress scale. On the good side, all of my closets are looking very organized and tidy from my distressing cleaning. I realized I have enough virus killing sprays and cleaners to last until the end of this decade.
Oh no! Be stress free about the cataract surgery. I know so many people who have had it done. The worst part seems to be the eye drops!!
I am sure your will be fine.. I mean it!

As far as the cleaning supplies: I went through my closet, where I kept my extra stash. I have enough sanitizing wipes, Sanitizing Spray, Toilet bowl cleaner, and Dawn dish washing detergent, to last until 2025 !! OMGosh!!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you, artiemom artiemom . I know it’s going to be okay, it is the waiting for it that Is making me crazy. Normally I would be out running errands and staying busy to make time pass. But the clinic wanted a one week quarantine which has made time absolutely crawl by.

And I was laughing too at my cleaning stash. It’s a good thing I have a lot of closet space!

Status
Not open for further replies.