The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm over being in the teachers' office. All anyone does is complain about things. "I wish we didn't do this" "I wish this book was better" yaddi yadda yadda. I ended up doing my little spiel about how if they want things to be different, they should come up with better ideas and make proposals for how to improve and they were like "oh, we don't actually care."
It's like people who complain about politics but then don't vote.
It's also why committing to living abroad when others just treat it as a "year off" is really annoying and makes it hard to make actual connections with people--or to make our school better.
I want to say it's because they're young and it's been a uniquely tough year with Covid and all, but at the end of the day, the old cliche is true, you get out of stuff what you put in. If you don't do the work or the effort, you shouldn't really complain that you don't feel "fulfilled."
I'm trying harder just to keep quiet unless someone actually talks to me. Hopefully we'll be back in our own office next week sometime.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I decided not to sneak out for my bday Tuesday. My dad is freaking out because there are 10 new cases of Corona in my area and they sent all the college students home for partying. I just know he will lock me out and it got so cold here suddenly. Plus I can't be apart from my cats for 2 weeks. It's just not worth the risk. I told my friends on Facebook. I haven't checked to see their response, I'm scared because they already have all the food & drinks bought. 🙁

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
oh.. I am so sorry... Are any of your friends involved with that 'partying group?

It is such a terrible time to begin celebrating.. so hard, to know what is the right thing to do...

I am glad you have friends who want to spend time with you....

I can understand both your sides. I understand how desperately you want and need your own companionship. How you want to start a social life...

On the other hand, your dad is terrified of Covid. He is elderly... I do understand that..

Would he not take care of your kitties, while you were quarantining? or is it your mom that you are worried about..

If you did go to the party, and your dad insisted on quarantining you--locking you out of the house, is not a really good solution... It would be better for all, for you to be quarantined to your bedroom.

Also, would any friend take you in, for 2 weeks?? and then you would have to be concerned about them picking up the virus if they went out... it is a terrible time for these things....

((((HUGS)))))

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok I"m a bit concerned that whoever put the collar on Cooper dumped him. That would make being dumped twice in just a little over a year. The other night I did tape a note to his collar. He showed back up this morning starving and the note was on the collar. I am seething and furious. How can someone do this to a cat not once but twice? I wish I could find someone to take him in but no one here will. I am not sure which way to go on this now. Cooper did show up at a time that we were asleep (I saw him on cam playback). I'm so sad about this situation. I was supposed to be his caretaker and look what happened. :(

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
He showed back up again this evening and ate. And was starving. If you even looked at the bowl of food he'd growl ready to pounce. Again I can't get anyone in my stupid neighborhood to cooperate. You don't just get a cat and put a collar on him and ignore him, do you? I'm sure a lot of people don't understand the growling and that's why they "dump" him. Pepper growled at me constantly when she was eating and I even walked in her eyesight even 3 rooms away. But she was loving. I just don't get it. And as usual no help on this situation. He's no longer a kitten, he has to be at least 2 or 3 years old now so he should be past the constantly hungry stage.

Also on my mind is why electronics hate me so much. Every day something breaks or goes wrong with a phone, computer or my cams. Ugh

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are any of your friends involved with that 'partying group?
No, they graduated from college many years ago. It was just going to be 3 girls from high school and me, and 5 cats.

I am glad you have friends who want to spend time with you....
They haven't seen me in 20 years. Nobody has. I just disappeared.

Would he not take care of your kitties, while you were quarantining?
Yes, but I've never been away from them that long, it would kill me.

would any friend take you in, for 2 weeks?
Yes, they said I could stay for 2 weeks.

Can't you do this over the internet, skype, livechat or some other live video chat?
I don't know if I'm well enough for that. I don't want pictures or videos of me, my face looks too thin.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I told my friends on Facebook. I haven't checked to see their response, I'm scared because they already have all the food & drinks bought.
Ah, Sweetie, if they don't understand the risk you would be taking, then they aren't true friends. None of them, I bet, are faced with being locked out of their homes for two weeks for attending. And you shouldn't be...but.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah, Sweetie, if they don't understand the risk you would be taking, then they aren't true friends.
I still haven't read their reply. I'm too scared! They already bought all the supplies. They are going to be so disappointed. I'm surprised none of them have done a drive-by yet, but they are respecting my privacy. They know that I'm outside everyday for my walk and they live pretty close. They even agreed not to take any pics of my face, so they seem to care about me. They just want to see me.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Despite living in a house with woods in the back for the last 3 months, I am pretty sure Boone just saw his first deer. I happen to look over at him and he was looking out by bedroom window very attentively. I go over to see thinking it was a squirrel or groundhog but it was a deer right up on our fence line. Boone kept looking at me like, "Mom! Look how big that thing is!!" I think his mind is blown. :lol:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if I'm well enough for that. I don't want pictures or videos of me, my face looks too thin.
Just fyi, with most apps I've used the app asks permission to share video, so you could just share your voice and it would be up to your friends if they wanted to share their video or not, too ;)

I still haven't read their reply. I'm too scared! They already bought all the supplies. They are going to be so disappointed. I'm surprised none of them have done a drive-by yet, but they are respecting my privacy. They know that I'm outside everyday for my walk and they live pretty close. They even agreed not to take any pics of my face, so they seem to care about me. They just want to see me.
If you were my friend and this happened, I would completely understand and respect your decision. I would also be tempted to make you some goody bags with the snacks I bought and drop them off no-contact so you could enjoy them, either in your own time or while we were on a call together.

I completely agree with Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 ⬇ ⬇ ⬇ ⬇ ⬇ ⬇

Ah, Sweetie, if they don't understand the risk you would be taking, then they aren't true friends.
It could be that your friends will completely understand, even though you have this fear to talk with them about this. I get this, too. The people who are truly good people validate my feelings while providing the truth, which is normally they understand and support me and they are not mad at all. And the ones who know about my past, also say they understand why I'd have that reaction, that it makes a lot of sense, and help make me feel safe and are thankful I mentioned something.

On the other hand, if they do not respond like that and get angry, make it about them, or are passive aggressive, whatever, that's a red flag they are not healthy people. And you deserve better <3

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Mom is 97 years old today. We're having pizza for supper because that's what she wants.

I have like 10 letters from that slowly to respond to but I'm still on these antibiotics and with that, Mom and the cats I'm having a hard time staying awake. Dentist said that antibiotics and make you sleepy. I'll be glad when they're gone because I have like 4 million writing lessons and 3 days worth of housework to do around here.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On the other hand, if they do not respond like that and get angry, make it about them, or are passive aggressive, whatever, that's a red flag they are not healthy people. And you deserve better
It didn't go well. My friends are upset and still trying to convince me to sneak out. Saying that I'm an adult and I can leave if I want to, and they will legally have to let me back in. But I don't want to be screamed at on my bday! I just can't handle one more thing. It has been a terrible week.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Saying that I'm an adult and I can leave if I want to,
Yes you are, and yes you can, and I'm so sorry this all has turned into such a mess. However, remind them if/when you talk to them again that we ALL are in a pandemic. It stinks and is incredibly unfair, but it is reality.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes you are, and yes you can
It's the coming back that's the hard part though. I will get screamed at and possibly locked out. It's so cold here lately. I just keep picturing myself standing outside in the cold without my cats, being humiliated. I don't want that on my bday. That's supposed to be my day.

Status
Not open for further replies.